Obama extends Hawaii vacation
December 23rd, 2010

Obama extends Hawaii vacation

HONOLULU (CNN) - After delaying the start of his Hawaiian vacation because of the lame duck session of Congress, President Obama has decided to extend his trip by a day and will now head back to Washington on January 2, according to sources familiar with the schedule.

Obama was originally planning to leave Hawaii on New Year's Day, but since the start of his vacation was delayed by several days he has decided to tack an extra day onto the tail end of the trip.

The sources said the primary reason for the change was the president's desire to spend more time with first lady Michelle Obama and their two daughters.

The entire first family was originally supposed to depart for Hawaii last Saturday, but the president stayed back in Washington while everyone else stuck to the original schedule.

Staying behind in Washington was very fruitful for Obama. He was able to score major victories on the New START Treaty, repeal of the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy, a food safety reform bill, and legislation providing health care to 9/11 responders, among other major priorities.

Topics: Hawaii • President Obama • The Family • The News

Next entry »
  1. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

It's understandable that PRESIDENT OBAMA would add, at least, one more day to his CHRISTMAS VACATION; IS IT NOT? My problem with much of the propagandist media snakes is, SO WHAT? Why does every minute of this presidents' work days, private time at home days, vacation time days, and even his OWN PERSONAL fun time days have to be logged, documented, picked-apart, analyzed, filtered, debated, screened, and approved or disapproved by the media and the hateful masses of BOGUS BLOGGERS! IT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!

December 23, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
    • Muriel Mason

I wanted my first day of my vacation to start on Wednesday but "o well" I had to work Wednesday night. Now I will call my boss and tell him I will be a day late getting back. "Yeah right".

December 24, 2010 at 7:32 am |
    • OkOk

Never happened before? Really? For 8 years you lefties counted everytime George W went to the bathroom. But keep ignoring the truth, its the goose stepping democrat party way right?

December 27, 2010 at 4:57 pm |
  2. Avril

You are absolutely right Liz Carter. Well said.

December 23, 2010 at 7:59 pm |
  3. Notfooled

Mele Kalikimaka --President Obama, First lady Michelle, Malia, and Sasha. Welcome back home.

Mele Kalikimaka --LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA -You work hard for the Obama's.
    (Merry Christmas)

December 24, 2010 at 3:51 am |
  4. NoSurprise

He's not up to the job. He's in way over his head.

December 24, 2010 at 5:34 am |
  5. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

MY GOD! Here We Go Again With TheSELFISH JEALOUSY, HATE, and DISDAIN against the PRESIDENT of THE UNITED STATES, his family, and their VACATION! You people are more than a notion! YOU PEOPLE ARE A PIECE OF WORK! Every other previous president has spent his CHRISTMAS VACATION wherever he wanted to; and come back to work whenever he wanted to; as long as it was in a DECENT WORKABLE TIMELINESS! YOU FOOLS JUST WEREN'T NOTIFIED RIGHT, DOWN TO THE HOUR AND THE MINUTE, OF THEIR DEPARTURES AND RETURNS! JUST STOP!!

December 24, 2010 at 2:24 pm |
  6. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

@Muriel Mason; stop hating! Christmas Time is supposed to be the time for PEACE, PRAISE, LOVE, THANKS, and HARMONY! Be thankful you have a BOSS and a JOB! If you keep working hard, and start blessing someone else besides your selfish self, maybe you will start to feel better about the things you CAN change!

December 24, 2010 at 3:01 pm |
  7. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

@NoSurprise; I believe that with people like you, whatever the PRESIDENT does, or doesn't, you will 'STAY THE COURSE'; no matter what! YOU FOLK WILL JUST CONTINUE TO 'SAY', when ALL else fails, and you begin to realize that it's just a DIS-PROVENED, BALD-FACED LIE, you haters will continue on with, 'HE'S NOT UP FOR THE JOB'! I guess you're all hoping that if you keep 'SAYING' it long and hard enough, it will turn out to be TRUE! SAD, SAD, SAD! PIT-TEE-FULL!! WELL, ALRIGHT THEN!

December 24, 2010 at 3:34 pm |
    • Tom from Illlinois

Get off your soap box – my only problem is the media billing it as a return to his home state. Really? Gee I thought he was the senator from Illinois. Now I learn that his home state is Hawaii.

December 26, 2010 at 9:48 am |
    • OkOk

"Liz", did you forget to take your meds or something? You people are as bad as the people you point your hypocritical finger at. I guess its ok to lash out at a Republican president but as soon as your boy gets held to something you get all flustered and start your wailing. Ooops! Should I BE TYPING LIKE THIS SO I CAN GET MY POINT ACROSS LIZ?

December 27, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  8. OkOk

Funny how you people jump to the defense of Obama and make outrageous claims like "no one else" has been scrutinzed like Obama. Your all either feeble minded or have erased the 8 years W was in office from your brains. You lefties counted every day off Bush took, you insulted him at every opportunity as well as his family. I guess it is true about the democrat party, "do as I say and not as I do"....Party of hypocrites...

December 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm |
    • GuessWho

BINGO!

December 30, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
  9. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

@OkOk; What point are you trying to get across to me? Is it the point that we're trying to WASH those 8 years out of our minds? I get that; but it's hard to do, when everything that PRESIDENT OBAMA is trying to do, to straighten things, recoup, revamp, and rehabilitate this nation, keeps falling on death ears, of scrutinizing HATERS like you! HOW CAN WE FORGET? When every fence he's having to try to mend is the direct results of the calamity of the 'ricketty fence', BUSH & CO wrapped around the nation!

December 28, 2010 at 9:18 pm |
  10. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

@OkOk; Oh, yes. I meant to tell you. I don't take meds, thanks to the grace of GOD. I live and walk by FAITH and TRUTH. That's all the meds I need at age 62, ok? Believe it or not I KNOW TRUTH HURTS, from experience, so stop trying to justify what's being slammed at OBAMA by comparing him with BUSH! There's no comparison, whatsoever, and you know it! I don't believe you're stupid. And If I were a hypocrite, an envious, hateful, jealous, racist, vendictive person, AT HEART, I'm sure I'd be on something!

December 28, 2010 at 9:39 pm |
  11. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

OkOk; I didn't know everytime BUSH went on vacation; to the bathroom and didn't care! Didn't question everytime he climbed up into AIRFORCE ONE; and didn't care! If it was going to be known to us at all, it would've had to come through the media and I KNOW THEY DIDN'T GIVE US THAT INFO EVERY TIME. We 'DEMS' didn't even ask! We DARED not claim 'we taxpayers are paying for this or that'! It was TABU and UNAMERICAN to question him or his administration on presidential duties and PERKS! MOST FELL UNDER POLICY!

December 28, 2010 at 9:59 pm |
  12. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

@OkOk; one more thing, I see your reference to OBAMA as 'boy' and I know that definition; but if anyone insulted BUSH, it didn't make him any difference, because HE'S A COWBOY! He went right on, doing what he wanted to do on everything; even down to defying the UNITED NATIONS! You talk about us leftist! The DEMS fault some of his decisions; especially the 'let's go to war ones', eventually giving in and signing off on them too! In short, we didn't harrass BUSH, we went ahead and rallied around him as ONE!

December 28, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  13. GuessWho

DEar "O":

STAY on the golf course. Or return to your puppeteers(Soros, the Soviets, "anyone who hates America and stands to benefit from your damaging the country". Just go away you smiling liar.

Impotant: Guess who I am quoting here "Cynical, egotistical, suffers from a sense of self-importance. The kind of person who could look into your eyes with an angelic expression and tell you a lie. THIS is the type of person who the KGB most wanted to recruit(to do their dirty work of psychological subversion). Give up? Watch the YUri Bezmenov video clips on Youtube.

December 30, 2010 at 2:20 pm |