December 28th, 2010

Ed Henry's version of the hula dance

HONOLULU, Hawaii (CNN) - Ed Henry unveiled his, um, dance moves during CNN Newsroom's Stakeout segment today.  He joined other members of the White House press corps and some White House staffers who took part in a Hawaiian tradition at the Moana Surfrider on Waikiki Beach on Monday.  At least he had the presence of mind not to wear a hula skirt.

Topics: The Visuals

Next entry »
  1. Marty, Grand Rapids MI

Great, all we need are reporters fraternizing with the people they should be covering. Who needs state run media when we have our own self censoring version. Good work CNN.

December 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm |
  2. s1owens

This may have something to do with why CNN is last in almost every category...kind of hard to take their white house reporters seriously.

December 29, 2010 at 8:35 pm |
  3. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

Oh! So are you saying they (CNN) didn't fraternize with BUSH and his WHITEHOUSE STAFFERS, CLINTON and his WHITEHOUSE STAFFERS, or any of the other previous PAST PRESIDENTS, while they were on their private times and vacations? Well, if that's true, maybe it's because they weren't as interested or weren't required to follow them that close, barring bathroom breaks! When the PRESIDENT was on vacation, he was on vacation, PERIOD! All of that has strangely changed with this PRESIDENT! I wonder why, don't you?!?

December 29, 2010 at 10:37 pm |
    • Jay in NC

The image of "fraternize with CLINTON and his WHITEHOUSE STAFFERS" is just too disturbing. I may disagree with Ed Henry's reporting style but even I think he has higher morals that that.

December 31, 2010 at 9:41 am |
  4. Jay in NC

CNN in love with Obama and it shows.

December 30, 2010 at 9:53 am |
  5. AVPerez

I believe that Ed Henry should use the title, "President" when he refers to President Obama instead of the title, "Mr." I expect the Senior White House Reporter will have an excuse, but I still feel he should know better.

December 30, 2010 at 10:05 am |
  6. GOP: Greed Over People

Exactly what makes CNN think any of us wish to see this spectacle?

December 30, 2010 at 1:44 pm |
  7. Arlene LaJeunesse

CNN is in love with Obama. That's so obvious. No wonder their ratings are so low. I so wish they would be more like FOX news. Wolf Blizer is a perfect example of it. I could go on and on......., but I will watch only the best, and that is Bill O'reilly. I'm so happy to see Larry King go. He was sickening.

December 30, 2010 at 4:45 pm |
    • Jay in NC

Larry King's low point was asking Levi where he had s-x in Palin's house. Can you imagine any other 80 year old guy asking a such a young person that question. He came off looking like a pervert.

December 31, 2010 at 10:26 am |
  8. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

@Jay in NC and @Arlene LaJeunesse; AND? So what? They have the right to choose a side! Foxnews, the BECKS, HANNITYS, COULTERS, INGRAMS, LIMBAUGHS, are in hate with OBAMA; and IT shows! So, go back to where you feel more comfortable! We won't miss you!

December 31, 2010 at 9:12 am |
  9. Jay in NC

@LIZ CARTER, CNN claims that Ed Henry is a reporter. FOX says that Beck, Hannity and others are commentators. I did not say where I feel more comfortable, I just think that a news organization should not show favoritism.

December 31, 2010 at 9:37 am |
  10. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

Jay in NC, where did you hear, or see FOX say Hannity and Co are commentators? They themselves, claim to be reporters and journalists; and YES, they work for a 'news organization'! FOXNEWS the 'fair and balanced' news station; LOL! The one that shows 'un-favoritism' towards OBAMA! Ed works for CNN, the most watched cable news channel! They also give OBAMA the 'blues', when they feel like it! They're the true 'fair and balanced' one, I believe.

January 1, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
  11. Penny Malinky

What a great sport, Ed. Good for you......

January 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm |
  12. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

I always thought you were an apt reporter; but Ed, there was some presidential CHRISTMAS vacation coverage that you bought into, I thought was a little over the top or even dismissive; Shaved Ice Cones? Feeding the PRESIDENT? However, because of the time you spent, having to be so up close and personaI with him, his work, and his family, I appreciate your seemingly intelligent, unbiased awakening towards the PRESIDENT; all he's had to endure, all he's done so far, and all that's still left for him to do.

January 3, 2011 at 11:24 am |