January 21st, 2011

What (not) to wear to a state dinner – you be the judge!

71,000 of you viewed our post of the state dinner guest list so we thought you might also be interested in who wore what to the black tie gala.  Let us know your votes for best and worst dressed.

Topics: China • State Dinner • The Buzz • The Visuals

« Previous entry
  1. Jay in NC

Killer arms? Get real, cover them up once in a wile will you! We are tired of seeing her arms. Any woman knows that you have to mix it up a bit. She acts like that girl at the office that insist on short dress even when it snows. All because one time in her past, better looking days, she was told she had good looking legs. The First Date is to political, divisive , out of touch, shallow and represents all that is wrong with this White House.

January 21, 2011 at 1:53 pm |
    • annie s

Wow, how hateful can you get? Try looking at this with the eyes a someone who is non-partisan, okay (or less bigoted, perhaps?). Michelle Obama is a class act all the way, is highly popular in both the U.S. and abroad, is intelligent, articulate, a great First Lady and a great mom – and she looked awesome in that dress!

January 22, 2011 at 9:00 am |
      • Jay in NC

Call me a bigot because I disagree with you? Now that is hateful.

January 22, 2011 at 9:20 am |
      • Catie

Michelle Obama is not classy. She has a great hair stylist and great make up artist. She wears great clothing and is a beautiful lady. She however, is not classy. She comes off Air Force one in shorts and tee shirts, she wears tank tops everywhere. She wears $500 tennies at soup kitchens, real classy. Laura Bush is a class act. Condi Rice is a class act. You cannot buy class, either you have it or you dont.

January 23, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
      • Bob

Annie, you are right. Michelle has class.

Jay, your tantrum was pretty lame.

January 24, 2011 at 7:18 am |
      • Notfooled

@ Catie -at least she goes to help at soup kitchens. When was the last time you went there to help? I thought so. She also does a lot for military families. You?

January 25, 2011 at 4:19 am |
    • BRIDGETT

@ Catie* One can wear tennis shoe, shorts, short sleeves and still have class and style. Our First Lady is a humanbeing and not some made up model who cannot mingle with ordinary people. I love seeing her lounge in her shorts and tennis shoes, it let's us know that she's a common person and education nor FLOTUS has cause her to turn her nose up and the American people.

January 25, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
  2. Me

Michelle Kwan will be forgiven for the length of her dress but Anna "devil wears Prada" Wintour should be make to attend her next event in her birthday suit. What a fashion faux pas.

January 21, 2011 at 3:14 pm |
    • Neal

Is it the camera angle or are her thighs getting fat???

January 23, 2011 at 1:39 am |
  3. Liz Carter in Georgia

One thing I can tell the PRESIDENT and the FIRST LADY is not to 'wear their hearts on their sleeves', because whatever they wore to the state dinner, is subject of negative remarks and bashing critique! If he went dressed up like 'UNCLE BEN' and she was came dressed up like 'AUNT JEMIMA', you haters would be just as nasty and vendictive! You know damn well they were DRESSED to the 'TEE'! That's one thing that most of us do; even our black working poor! WE DRESS! It somehow makes us 'FEEL' rich anyway!

January 21, 2011 at 4:36 pm |
    • Catie

Well, I see, the divide the blacks and whites scheme that was set out a couple of years ago is beginning to work. Who gives a crud if they are black? Why is every negative comment due to him being black? Hello, he is half white, even though he desperately wants to erase that. It is not about being black. They are arrogant self righteous egomaniacs who are living high on the hog on tax payers money. While hard working Americans are hanging on by a thread. I thought he was going to be so wonderful for this country, but, you know what he is just an astronomical disappointment for this Country and for Black America.

January 23, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
      • Bob

Every president has state dinners. That has nothing to do with the jobs problem. Neither party understands that selling out to big business has destroyed our economy, and neither party will bring the jobs back by doing more of the same.

January 24, 2011 at 7:22 am |
      • Notfooled

@ Catie--I resent that comment about him desperately wanting to erase his white half. Barack desperately loved his mother and grandmother and grandfather that were probably whiter then you. So don't talk if you don't know the truth.
        About living high on the hog other Presidents have done it while others were suffering too. You act like they are the only ones. He is at least trying unlike the Republicans who offer nothing in the way of jobs since they got their tax cuts. They are only mouth or lip service.

January 25, 2011 at 4:29 am |
  4. Liz Carter in Georgia

Well Jay, I've seen the FIRST LADY in sweaters, coat-blouses, and long sleeved dresses! However, when the weather permits or with most evening attire, especially with dresses, they are sleeveless! Most women know to wear or carry an evening jacket-coat or wear a nice evening shawl! I wonder if you feel the same way about all the arms, bossoms, butts, and legs you see on the GOLDEN GLOBES, EMMYS, GRAMMYS, ESSENCE, SAG AWARDS and any other winter evening events! Have you requested that they wear cover-ups?

January 21, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
    • XWngLady

Exactly!

January 23, 2011 at 7:32 pm |
    • Catie

She is the First Lady, she needs to dress appropriately, and that means enough of the deltoids. I'm so sick of this arrogant couple. I cant even watch them anymore.

January 23, 2011 at 8:27 pm |
      • jkps

Dont you meet upity? Funny how you think you're hiding your own arrogance and jealousy. Easy to level attacks from behind your computer isnt it?

January 24, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
  5. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Jay, don't go back to being petty! If you're tired of looking at her arms, just turn your head! Did you think the beautiful Jackie Kennedy should have come out of her white sleeveless shell shirts? Where's MICHELLE 'to political, divisive, out of touch shallow'? That woman's one of the most human, down-to-earth, compassionate, intelligent women that ever set foot in that WHITEHOUSE! And another thing, how in the world you can claim MICHELLE 'represents all that is wrong in the WHITEHOUSE'! WHY?

January 21, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
    • Jay in NC

Liz, I am still waiting for The First Date to pay back the money for the extra trip, to Hawaii, for her dog Bo.

January 21, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
      • truth matters

Gotta luv the folks who believe what ever they hear and then regurgitate it like dutiful, submissive fools.
        Don't ever look at Factcheck.org or politifact.com. The shock of learning that much of what you believe is bogus and you are being played by the pundits who have much to gain, just might be too much for you to handle.

January 22, 2011 at 1:32 pm |
      • Jay in NC

The extra trip that The First Date took did cost extra, over $120,000 more according to ABC, CBS, NBC. Are you saying that this is not true?

January 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm |
      • Catie

Dear Truth Matters, Here is a fact. This Christmas Mrs Obama insisted on not waiting another 2 1/2 days to fly with her husband to Hawaii. Utilizing the secret service and aircraft. Approx. cost 63,000.00. That is a true story. She could have waited and left with her husband. Now she did fly home with him, so guess what happened to the aircraft the flew her there, yep it had to go back empty.

January 23, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
      • Notfooled

How silly can you be? Do you think for one minute that Mrs. Bush or Mrs. Clinton or any other First Lady flew with their husbands all the time? Don't you think they may have gone on ahead a number of times? It's just the Obama's you silly fools are attacking. Get over it. Besides the Obama's are millionaire's, how do you know who paid for BO?

January 25, 2011 at 4:44 am |
      • Jay in NC

Notfooled, sorry to disappoint you but I have criticized all gov. officials, and gov. family members, that waste our money.

January 25, 2011 at 7:15 am |
  6. Elizabeth Kennedy

Michelle Obama looked stunning as usual. The dress is gorgeous and who says long sleeve evening gowns are required at black tie events? She clearly looked better than all of the others you pictured, but they looked nice too. I don't understand all these silly criticisms. Most people would give their eye teeth to attend such an event.

January 21, 2011 at 11:10 pm |
    • Catie

Yes, she is a beautiful lady and always looks stunning at these events. They are a gorgeous couple. I just get tired of their arrogance.

January 23, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
      • lil college chick

she is pretty (michelle) but im sick of her man arms toooooooooooo...............
        ughhhh
        cover up its a new season!

November 17, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
  7. Jim FL.

Hey! Jay in NC. Over half of the women at the dinner were sleeveless. Why did you pick out Mrs. Obama???

January 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
    • Jay in NC

Because she is hosting the state dinner, and she is The First Date.

January 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  8. Josh

Everyone ignore Jay. Another hick from the south....poor thing.

January 22, 2011 at 3:18 pm |

Typical Liberal response.

January 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
  9. Barbara

Michelle Obama looked glamorous and gorgeous in her evening gown chosen at the state dinner for President Hu. Red, a celebratory, joyful color for the Chinese, was a marvelous choice. There was no way to upstage her at this event. The First Lady owned the evening in this gown, and I am amused at Oscar de la Renta’s sour grapes attitude because she has turned to younger ( and perhaps hipper) designers and incidentally not worn any de la Renta outfits. If his claim to fame is dressing Hillary Clinton (who always looks nice—and matronly), that is hardly exciting and certainly not a reason for anyone to seek him out. Mrs. Obama’s wardrobe is interesting and chic, and resonates with American women. It’s no surprise that she’s the first First Lady since Jackie Kennedy to start fashion trends.

January 22, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
    • Notfooled

My thoughts exactly. Very well said.

January 25, 2011 at 4:49 am |
  10. Nancy

Oh Jay. You must be miserable. I feel bad for you.

January 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm |
    • Jay in NC

I enjoy my job and life. All I have to do is call him Barry and watch the Liberals cry.

January 23, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
      • XWngLady

Is that what you do for entertainment (call the President Barry to watch liberals cry)? Is that how you get your kicks?....If so, like Nancy said, You must be miserable. I feel bad for you....Get a life! (prefereably one that isn't filled with constant negativity).

January 23, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  11. Liz Carter in Georgia

How do you know she didn't pay? Were you there when the bill was paid? If it WAS paid with government money, were you with her and her husband to see that they hadn't reimbursed it? Furthermore, if it wasn't to be paid by them and was just one of the ammenities extended to a PRESIDENT and his family while in the WHITEHOUSE, what is it to you, personally? If you're so worried about us taxpayers money being used for BOs' expense, help us out and SAVE the nation! PLEASE PUT IT BACK, PATRIOT! WE ALL THANK YOU!

January 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm |

Off the deep end again.

January 23, 2011 at 6:30 am |
      • XWngLady

Off what deep end? Those are perfectly legitimate questions. If you're going to make a claim about the cost of Mrs. Obama trips, then you ought to be able to answer Liz's questions.....Anyone, anyone, Buehler?!.....Yeah, you can't, and you know it. Next time, before you make a sweeping statement about someone, anyone, then you'd better make sure that you can back it (all the way) up.

January 23, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
      • Jay in NC

XWngLady, Liz and I have argued about this for the past two weeks. I have supplied countless details yet she will not accept any news story as the truth. If you don't believe me then look it up for your self. NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN have all reported on this story.

January 24, 2011 at 1:02 am |
  12. SurRy

Nation is in the toilet and this is what people are concerned with. No wonder we are circling the drain.

January 23, 2011 at 1:01 am |
    • XWngLady

More precisely, we were circling the drain when Pres. Obama took over, we are no longer circling the drain as we have positive growth in the economy in almost every major indicator (including jobs). I would say that we are not circling the drain but we're still in the sink and steadily working our way out.

January 23, 2011 at 7:39 pm |
  13. Karl

I agree with Jay, on the fashion side, she needs a new consultant! http://www.webuyallhouses.co.uk

January 23, 2011 at 8:15 am |
  14. bipar08

who cares?

January 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
  15. L Fong

Jackie Chan's shirt looks to be a traditional Chinese Mandarin collared one, normally not worn with any ties therefore it was in fact complete and appropriate.

January 23, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
  16. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Catie; would you please tell us what your definition of 'classy' is? I may be wrong, but my perception of the definition is exactly what YOU admitted MICHELLE OBAMA was! You said 'she wears great clothing and is a beautiful lady'! Those two are the mainstays of definition; 'stylish and elegant'! Beyond that she's an intelligently educated professional in her own right; she's a great mother and wife; she's a concerned, compassionate person, who's working for the betterment of families and children! My GOD!

January 24, 2011 at 1:14 am |
  17. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Catie; you're really double-talking because you turned right around and 'dissed' her clothing by complaining of her coming off AIRFORCE 1 in shorts and tee shirts! So what? She was dressed appropriately, coming from where they were coming from! Seems pretty human and down to earth to me; yet you keep claiming they are arrogant! Were you there when she paid $500 for her tennises? You say she wears them to soup kitchens; down to earth again! She could have worn a pair of BOOTS! Arrogant? NO! Classy? YES!

January 24, 2011 at 1:40 am |
  18. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Catie; Arrogant? Although I can agree that LAURA and CONDI were classy, as well, but did you ever hear of either one of them working in a soup kitchen, EVER? NO! Soup kitchens have been around for a long time, OK? They didn't just pop up after OBAMA became president! But you say MICHELLE is arrogant; you got it wrong sugar; She's AMERICAS' first down to earth, yet classy FIRST LADY! God bless you BARACK and MICHELLE! Thank you for all you are doing and trying to do for this nation and ALL it's citizens!

January 24, 2011 at 2:01 am |
    • Jay in NC

Liz, I enjoy hearing your Liberal wisdom, or as I like to call it Lizdumb.

Do a little research and you will find that President Bush and First Lady Laura Bush both helped in soup kitchens and second harvest events many times. During the last year of his presidency they visited in Washington DC. Here is part of a news story ....
      Last week, during a visit to a Washington soup kitchen, the president told Americans not to send gifts to him and First Lady Laura Bush but to instead give to charity. "Instead of sending Laura and me something, if they choose to do so, I would hope they would figure out a way to help a community charitable-based organization," he said. It would "be the best gift you could possibly give us."

Condoleezza Rice is a very talented person. She has played many concerts to raise money. Just last July she played piano and Aretha Franklin sang at the Mann Center in Philadelphia to raise money for urban children. Have you ever heard of Barry or The First Date playing the piano, EVER!

Again you address them by their first names, didn't you tell me that was disrespectful or is that just another example of Lizdumb?

January 24, 2011 at 9:52 am |
  19. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, I may have missed out on that, news, however, the media wasn't reporting their every move 24/7, 365. They weren't following them around, reporting all day long to us from show to show, making sure we knew each and everytime they went to the bathroom, what time a day it was and what they did after they got there! The point I was making to Catie was the OBAMAS were classy. You just made my poiint too! She said MICHELLE OBAMA works in the soup kitchens in $500 tennises. I'm sure the BUSHES were 'styling'!

January 24, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
    • Jay in NC

They did report on President Bush 24/7 365, you were just not interested.

January 24, 2011 at 10:14 pm |
      • Notfooled

YOU LIE !!!!!!! Not like the Obama's.

January 25, 2011 at 4:59 am |
  20. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, one more thing I am just not that concerned nor interested in going to school (do a little research) on the personal lives of any public figure! If I miss it on the tv news, the radio, don't hear it personal conversations, or read about it, now-a-days on the newsstation websites and blogs, I just may miss a few tidbits of a public figures personal non-issues! TheY're just not that important to me, especially when I'm GIVING MY PERSONAL OPINION! You only looked it up to cut into my point to Catie!

January 24, 2011 at 9:04 pm |
    • Jay in NC

An opinion based on untruth has no value. Being ignorant of the facts does not give you the right to spread lies.

January 24, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
  21. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Jay, You are lying on me now! You've always tried to undercut, argue, debate, and challenge every opinion I've ever given, because you KNOW I tell the truth! I told you I was more interested in truth than facts! The last administration just proved facts weren't the truth! You all devise your own personal 'fact sheets', put what 'facts' they want to spin-spread hate, undue malice, impatience, laced-truths, racism, and whitewashed misinformation to us on any and everything PRESIDENT OBAMA attempts to do!

January 25, 2011 at 12:38 am |
  22. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, you first started in on me when I gave an opinion about what I saw as an undercurrent of racism going on in this political atmosphere, and you have been after me ever since! You called me a racist and that I was hate speeching. I will continue to speak on it as long as I see it. Then you started trying to get technical and petty with me on the politics of certain issues to try to throw me off my mark; that didn't work! I'm still here and I will be here as the 'town cryer', pointing injustice out!

January 25, 2011 at 12:51 am |
  23. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Jay, your reference that I told you it was disrespectful for YOU to call the President and The First Lady by their first names, that has to be a LIE! I couldn't have told YOU that because you don't even call them by their first names! You are so disrespectful to them that you call him 'Barry' and Michelle 'THE FIRST DATE'! I told you that he's still the president whether you liked him or not; he should be called President Obama and she should be called The First Lady! You'd at least use their PROPER NAMES!

January 25, 2011 at 1:07 am |
    • Jay in NC

If it is good enough for his mother, two fathers, two grandmothers, and grandfather, sisters, friends, classmates, Imam, wife, druggie friends, and Rev. White, then why in the world would you complain that I call him Barry. We do live in a democracy remember, he is just temporarily holding the office of president, he is still just a man not a god.

January 25, 2011 at 7:35 am |
  24. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, because You don't fit in at all with that close circle you just so sarcastically identified of friends, family nor associates! You aren't 'his mother, two fathers, two grandmothers, and grandfather, sisters, friends, classmates, Imam, wife, druggie friends, and Rev. White'! BTW, the Revs' name is WRIGHT, not WHITE; research! Many people are called by nick or pet names by their close and familiar, but are called by their proper names professionally, unless otherwise permitted. It's just courtesy.

January 25, 2011 at 10:23 am |
  25. Liz Carter in Georgia

However, Jay, I know that's just to hard for you to take part in, when it comes to the OBAMAS; the BUSHES, even the CLINTONS, YES! The OBAMAS and anyone who does respect or support them, NO! I know you're not up on courtesy, so you just go right ahead and keep calling them what you like; yes this IS a democracy and people CAN say what they want including myself! He's STILL the PRESIDENT of THE UNITED STATES right now! We do agree it's a temporary, but when does your BUSH lose his distinction as President?!?

January 25, 2011 at 10:59 am |
  26. Liz Carter in Georgia

Notfooled; I concur with ALL of your intelligent, obvious, truthful, and logical commentary; RIGHT! how can anyone be so nonchalant as to claim that the president wants to erase his white half decent, when he brought in his white uncle to WASHINGTON and introduced him, talks openly about his white mother, who died of cancer, went to HAWAII to be with his white grandmother during the time of her death, with the media running right behind him with microphones and cameras, taking and showing pictures of them?

January 25, 2011 at 11:28 am |
  27. Liz Carter in Georgia

BTW, Jay, where did you criticize all other government officials and their family members that 'waste our money'? In the comfort of your own den, where your computer is probably stationed? In your private thoughts like so many other AMERICANS? Or just in your private conversations with your close relations and associates, like many have for a long time? I'd bet it wasn't out here so loud and beligerently! Oh not to worry; I won't be so petty as to request that YOU 'show proof' to back up that claim, OK?

January 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
    • Jay in NC

Liz, I have said many times to you that that President Bush should not have started the two wars. I have said that it was at a great loss of live and money. I have also point out that Barry has spent more money and lost more lives during his 2 years than President Bush in eight. Just because I do not like Barry does not mean that I blindly follow President Bush. Go back and read some of my comments to you and others. You will see that I have been very critical of the wasted money.

You know most of our post result in you and I going back and forth, we should start the Liz and Jay show. You and I could comment on topics of the day. Are you interested?

January 25, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
  28. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, Thank you for that response, but you didn't answer my question. You responded to Notfooled saying you 'criticized all gov. officials and gov. family members, that waste our money'. I asked you where did you do that criticizing. As far as the wars, you never complained to me about the cost! I complained that we were in a war we shouldn't have been in, in the first place, according to the UN! I mentioned the strain of the cost on us and the lives lost. You came back at me with, BUSH was authorized to go!

January 26, 2011 at 12:36 am |
  29. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Jay, you told me CONGRESS authorized him to do it, and that we had more fatalities under PRESIDENT OBAMA in 2 years than BUSH had in 8. You never mentioned anything critical about the financial burden on taxpayers! You've never criticized THE BUSHES on anything to me, and especially when it came to their waste of taxpayer money! I'd show comparisons, you always justified them, as you crucified THE OBAMAS! Michelle Obama still catches the dickens from you! Authorization doesn't signify Justification!

January 26, 2011 at 1:04 am |
    • Jay in NC

"You've never criticized THE BUSHES on anything to me,", Both wars should not have started. I have said it many times. President Bush and Barry should not have escalated the wars!

January 26, 2011 at 8:25 am |
  30. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, BTW, if my memory serves me correctly, BUSH is actually the one who signed in the original stimulus package! Did everybody forget that? McCain jump off the campaign trail and flew back to WASHINGTON to help push it on through. He told the candidate OBAMA to 'come on let's go'! OBAMA told him to wait, and see if they needed them; if they did they'd call them. McCAIN ignored him and flew back there anyway. He got there and according to the media, caused some confusion. OBAMA waited for the call to go.

January 26, 2011 at 1:25 am |
    • Jay in NC

Yes, Liz, I pointed out that President Bush spent money to stimulate the economy and the Liberals vilified him, yet when Barry did the same he was a saint. TARP was input by President Bush, the very same program that Bary now lays claim to and says helped the economy. But where they have both wasted money I have cried out and said that it was wrong. And again I say it here today that President Bush should not have spent money on the war. But I will not go as far as to say it was the reason we are in economic dump. Even with Barry's expansion of the Afghanistan war it comes to just over 5% of the debt.

January 26, 2011 at 8:22 am |
  31. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, the point I'm trying to make is that there is enough guilt to spread around and it didn't start nor will it stop at the OBAMA administration. It took us at the least 10 years, at minumum to end up here and whoever ends up in the WHITEHOUSE in 2012, will still have a lot of work to do. About the FIRST LADY MICHELLE and her dog BOs' trip to HAWAII, I think you need to leave it alone! We've paid for so many FIRST FAMILY trips, why start criticizing this family? That's my point! Good idea! LIZ & JAY SHOW!

January 26, 2011 at 1:47 am |
  32. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, that is interesting. Except for the voices and visuals, I suppose the nation is experiencing THE LIZ & JAY SHOW anyway, on this blog! LOL

January 26, 2011 at 1:56 am |
  33. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, I still say, I haven't seen anything from you really criticizing the last administration' decision to put us at war in IRAQ. That was the main one I was complaining about! You came back and questioned my disagreement on BOTH of them. You tried to diminish my disagreement by saying they were authorized and that OBAMA said he agreed with the decision too! Justification. That's a non-issue because he wasn't even a senator when they decided to do that or he got there right after the decision was made!

January 26, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
  34. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Jay, The now President Obamas' opinion, which I'm sure was made because of the information he'd recieved and trying to work in a bi-partisan fashion, accepted the decision on face value! Expecting that she had gone along with a righteous, upstanding, truthful decision, even HILLARY CLINTON hated she ultimately signed off on it! I believe it was the biggest trick of the 'greedy' GOP (BUSH-CHENEY-RUMSFELD) since the VIETNAM WAR which to me, was secretly based on a decision of greed! It took JOHNSON to do it!

January 26, 2011 at 12:53 pm |
  35. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, when you all started complaining about PRESIDENT OBAMA wasn't pulling the troops out as fast as you all thought he SHOULD, and in the outset of his entering office, he thought he COULD; I became perplexed! That's when I began to say we shouldn't have been there in the first place, and now everyone was blaming PRES OBAMA, as if it was his fault! I asked where was THIS much vitriol on the 24/7 newscycles, when our military was tricked over there; Oh there was some, but it made no difference, now did it?

January 26, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  36. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, I believe all of what what I just explained was based on bad policies and greed. MOST of it happened long before this president entered office, and 'we the people' sat back and basicly allowed these events to happen! Some of us were the 'greedy' and others of us were just patriots, who thought we were doing the right thing based on the 'FACTS', the information that was dealt to us. I'm shocked that you don't believe that these wars are the reason we are in an economic dump! We borrowed to sustain them!

January 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
  37. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, AMERICANS were screaming 'STOP THE WARS'! Then candidate OBAMA told us that he would do a 'troop drawdown' as responsibly as he could, based on the 'conditions on the ground', while he campaigned; as did McCAIN! PRES OBAMA did just that and is doing just that. I wouldn't say that he 'escalated' any of the wars. Sure he shipped thousands of our military to AFGHANISTAN to complete the occupation that was already on going over there! BTW, that's where it was told to us BIN LADEN was hiding out anyway!

January 26, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
  38. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, PRES OBAMA did what he said he was going to do, but when he did it everybody wants to jump up and say BUSH did it; he had the exit papers already in place! NO CREDIT TO OBAMA! Had he left the troops in there, he'd have had to take the FAULT! The Bush contract was set for DECEMBER; drawdown started in AUGUST! When PRES OBAMA took office, I'm sure he had to draw up contracts with new exit dates and sign his own contracts with IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN, since you all started claiming these were his wars now!

January 26, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
  39. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, I remenber McCAIN even campaining on an exit date in 2013! So I just wish that PRESIDENT OBAMA could recieve his just due on SOMETHING, SOMETIMES, with no dragon bones attached! When he accomplishes something, stop acting like he didn't do it alone; he had help; he doesn't deserve all the CREDIT! He and his administration desrves all of the credit for any positive or successfully accomplished mission that occurs under his watch! When the idea turns negative, you all certainly give him all of the FAULT!

January 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
  40. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, it seems when you all have just about run him through the ringer on his politics, haters, not just REPUBLICANS either, DEMOCRATS and people who never even claimed a particular party, never even paid much attention to politics, until PRESIDENT OBAMA and his family moved to the WHITEHOUSE, start in on him, his wife and family; Oh, and his dog, PERSONALLY! For now, they're the FIRST FAMILY OF THE UNITED STATES! They too, are deserving of all the perks that intels, as were all the past FIRST FAMILIES!

January 26, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  41. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, Believe it or not, I am not a 100% liberal DEMOCRAT all the time. I actually voted for RONALD REAGAN and I have no REAL criticisms of GEORGE H W BUSH, I thought he was a pretty good leader. I don't feel that for GWB though! I believe he lead us into the place we were ALREADY in when PRES OBAMA took office and I think that from that point on, whatever has had to be done or whatever needs to be done, HAS to be in direct results of the decisions made and policies implemented by the BUSH ADMINISTRATION!

January 26, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
  42. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, many of these decisions that have been lain squarely on BARACK OBAMAS' shoulders to clean up, wouldn't have even been on the table, had it not been for them, the GREEDY GOP and some weak, gullible DEMOCRATS! He wouldn't have even had to be fooling with healthcare, had the greedy GOP let THE CLINTONS do it! That's why I question people who villify everything this president tries to do to rectify the long-term damage! It's like a dog snapping at the hand of the hand of the ONE who's trying to feed him!

January 26, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
  43. guest

When i see Michelle Obama i see a women who declared 'we american's will need to give up our piece of the pie so other's will have more' yet exempt's herself not only from giving up her piece of the pie but living luxiourously on our tax dollar's. While her husband discredit's the rich ..they have no problem with million dollar vacation's..golf games.obama's inside trading..they both are total hypocrites who are greedy immoral.flag burning miscreat's.How noble of obama to state he will put his hatred aside for our country to run for presidency..and that he refuses to wear the american flag because it's too offensive to many.

April 26, 2011 at 5:28 pm |