Michelle Obama in Botswana
First lady Michelle Obama and her family are welcomed by traditional dancers in Gaborone, Botswana Friday. Pictured from left to right: mother Marian Robinson; Assistant Minister of Finance and Development Planning Gloria Somolekae; Michelle Obama, nephew Avery Robinson, daughter Sasha Obama; niece Leslie Robinson; daughter Malia Obama.
June 24th, 2011

1. Stonesrule

One of the better posts I've seen – you nailed it....

June 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm |
  2. astro24102

I am glad to see Obama gets to have his whole family take a vacation.....an african safari.... They even get to take their relatives. I have not seen a vacation in 3 years. I hope by the time the next president accepts his oath of office, I will have outlasted the worst president this country has ever seen. I hope I make it that far and I dont get layed off........

June 26, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
    • kefa34

associate yourself with people of good quality
      for it is better to be clone in bad company
      the soul that is within the Mrs obama can not
      be degraded by small thinking character is power
      have some repect for mrs obama .

July 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm |
  3. MalibuChick

Glad to see my tax dollars in this terrible economy are being used so wisely. I mean, most people can barely afford groceries with how much they have gone up lately, so it is a pleasure to see that the money I work for is going so far and helping someone else relax on their vacation.

June 27, 2011 at 1:47 am |
    • kefa34

assumption assumption

July 16, 2011 at 9:52 pm |
    • kefa34

how do you know
      maybe private moeny pay for it .

July 18, 2011 at 8:47 pm |
  4. tnwoman1948

@astro24102:

Get a new meme! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! Vaction Vacation! Were you as concerned when Laura Bush and her two daughters took a similar "vacation" several years ago? Did you think of it as a "vacation"? I have not had a vacation since 2006, but I don't whine and blame on the President. You have already "outlasted the worst president": George W. Bush.

June 27, 2011 at 2:33 am |
  5. Liz Carter in Georgia

....And OBAMA came in behind BUSH, who left an empty 'pocketbook' of a MINUS $10 trillion dollars and is expect to wave a magic wand or blink his eyes in two and a half years and make it disappear.

June 27, 2011 at 11:06 am |
  6. marilyn

pay for your own trip or stay home and save the taxpayers some $$$$

June 27, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
    • thati

when our president visited the us we never complained even though we were go through a terrible recession we knew the importance of fostering our relation we other countries, i would like To Thank Ma Obama for her good will visit. i thot Americans we good and warm people but clearly i was wrong why such bitterness do you guys even understand why she was here my advise to you is stop shooting from the hip and start aiming.

August 29, 2011 at 2:09 am |
  7. kabo jerusalema france

so nice of an african nations to recieve and welcme obama family to their homelanad. It is very pleasant nd memorizable action that eva happnd and africa is stil lookng forwrd for your visit. thank you obama

June 29, 2011 at 5:47 am |
  8. Kutlwano Mokgwathi

Well it is amazing to see that Americans are deluded as always. The worst President you had was George W. Bush but instead Republicans blamed the failure of American on Clinton and now on Obama. When will you people learn? When Clinton was President you bitched and moaned Bush came in pissed on your economy and education you keep quiet now President Obama is in office and here you are again crying....
    I for one enjoyed having the first Lady here and while she was here she didn't exactly party....it was more of a work vacation performing the duties of a first lady, if you were first lady you would also have to travel and be diplomatic. BTW the only reason people around the world like America again is because of the Obamas.

June 7, 2012 at 6:10 am |