Betty Ford, 1974-1977
July 12th, 2011

« Previous entry
  1. Liz Carter in Georgia

The one thing I will say about this topic is this: Of all the First Lady Causes or agendas I have read, heard about, watched and lived through, and I thought they all were wonderful or expedient; I have NEVER seen nor heard of a First Lady of the United States being bashed, belittled, and beat-down over her 'causes' the way First Lady Michelle Obama has been! It's a shameful disgrace the way some 'American Patriots' treat or may I say mistreat her; not to even speak of her husband! You are pathetic people!

July 13, 2011 at 3:49 am |
    • jean2009

Fully agreed.

July 13, 2011 at 11:18 am |
  2. Jay in NC

Liberals criticized First Lady Reagan for "Just Say No", they said it was to simplistic and stupid. They made fun of First Lady Barbra Bush, said she was too old, looked like President Bush's mother.

I have said this before Liz, I think you are just sensitive to this person. For some reason you internalize the situation. When anyone criticizes her, you feel the pain. It is like a form of worship for you. She is like your saint.

July 13, 2011 at 12:10 pm |
    • jean2009

So as a conservative, you have nothing better to do with your time than be nasty about this first lady simply because some people were disrespectful of your saints? My how mature of you.

Actually, I've lived long enough to know a phony excuse when I hear it.

July 13, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
  3. Liz Carter in Georgia

Liberals I know and even ones I came in contact with during that time thought it was a, YES, simple, but profound adage or slogan that sent THE ultimate message to addicts and alcoholics! I was working in a county recovery program myself, part-time, and all of us thought it 'hit the nail on the head'! We LOVED it! You're always demanding proof! Where's your proof, Jay? How do you know they weren't conservatives? What Liberals do you know or have you heard criticizing Mrs Reagans' 'Just Say No' slogan?

July 13, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  4. Liz Carter in Georgia

About Mrs Barbra Bush, she certainly did look older than GHWB, and still does but that has nothing to do with her CAUSES. I heard libs and cons saying that, so what? That mentioning by Americans from all persuasions, parties, and sides still doesn't compare to the treatment Michelle Obama has had to endure and keep smiling! You're just digging as you usually do to make justification for yourself because you know you're one of the BIGGEST guilty ones! My saints are my 94 year old mother; a dec'd grandmother!

July 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  5. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, thank you for your fake 'sympathy' of thinking that I feel her pain, and that I've have internalized the situation, but I couldn't REALLY feel her pain. What I do feel is real resentment and anger towards the perpetual disrespect and disregard that I KNOW has been lodged against her because she's the wife of Pres Barack Obama, and is the first REAL African American Woman, who's the First Lady of the United States, living in the Whitehouse! I feel disgust and frustration; no other was treated this way!

July 13, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  6. Liz Carter in Georgia

LOL! Some 'cons' are just like the GOP/TEAPARTY characters in Washington. They get up and walk out when they don't like something these days, and are good at running to the media to try to head off the DEMOCRATS or the PRESIDENT, with some made-up excuse to justify why they did it! Like children,...'I hit him...WHY?....he hit me first'! ..We took his marbles....Why did you do that?...he took our bikes'! We're not playing with him anymore'! They're a bunch of old foolish spoiled brats, that need spanking!

July 13, 2011 at 10:06 pm |