Obama Bus Tour's Stop #2: Zumbrota, MN
August 15th, 2011

Obama Bus Tour's Stop #2: Zumbrota, MN

President Obama's bus made a quick stop in Zumbrota, Minnesota at the Coffee Mill where he greeted people at the Main Street cafe/bakery. He spent several minutes working the ropeline outside but not before ordering pie, and lots of pie. According to pool reports, he ordered two slices each of apple pie, German chocolate, pumpkin, and "something with graham crackers." He also ordered an entire coconut cream pie which he gave to his assistant, Reggie Love.

Topics: Bus Tour • President Obama • The Visuals

1. jb

I could not make this stuff up.

Today Obama said he will give the U.S. a plan for Jobs in SEPTEMBER ..... right after he goes on vacation ... with the Rich he loathes......

Like Hillary Clinton said in 2008 .... this guy is a good speech and nothing else.....

August 15, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
    • Howard

And, yet there are still brain washed Obama devotees who are falling for the staged photos, and the phony public relations spin Obama is spewing out. Unbelievable. How could the people buying into Obama's B.S. be sooooo incredibly stupid ???

August 15, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
      • Ross W Dyrdahl

STUPID IS YOUR IGNORANCE THAT IS SHINING BRIGHT IN YOUR STATEMENT
        LIKE HE STATED THAT THE ONLY WAY THINGS WILL GET DONE IN CONGRESS IS THAT THEY NEED TO PUT THEIR PRIORITY IN BEING WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY INSTEAD OF MAKING SURE THE OTHER SIDE DOES NOT WIN
        LIKE GETTING BILLS PASSED TO FIX YOUR ROADS AND BRIDGES AND SCHOOL BUILDINGS THAT ARE IN THE WORST SHAPE I EVER SEEN IN MY 50 YEARS OF LIFE

August 16, 2011 at 7:40 am |
      • Norma

Howard - all those nasty things you said about our President, and us – is a reflection of yourself – brain washed and stupid are loose words – but, do - go look in the mirror – you will see those words coming at you.

August 16, 2011 at 8:35 am |
      • annie s

I ask myself the same thing about the Tea Party members. Are they really that incredibly stupid?!

August 16, 2011 at 12:00 pm |
    • jean2009

These are school children and factory workers, not exactly anyone I would consider the rich. Wasn't it just last weekend we watched teathugliklans ripping each other at that Iowa campaign kick off? Oh BTW your facts are off (as per most teapotty people's)..he is going on vacation next week.

So now you are quoting Hilary Clinton...that is soo rich. But, I liked even better his response to her quote.

"Today in Oshkosh, Wisconsin Obama offered a rebuttal with citations from his record,

"When I brought Democrats and Republicans together to have health insurance in Illinois, that wasn't talk. When I fixed our criminal justice system to prevent wrongful convictions in Illinois, that wasn't talk. When I worked with Republicans on nuclear proliferation issues that wasn't talk. So she's exactly right that speeches aren't enough. That's why I've been working for the last twenty years to provide real solutions to the American people." – Barack Obama

As for Howard, he is stuck with basically the same spiel on each link.

Yes, Howard we are buying, and no we are not stupid.

August 16, 2011 at 9:43 am |
  2. AHW

The two little girls the President is talking to are my neighbors. They are pretty excited girls tonight!

August 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm |
  3. Jake

That place sucks.

August 15, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  4. GH

You know it takes two braches to get traction on jobs. It's too bad Congress was busy all summer with not funding the FAA (and putting people out of work) and manufacturing a debt ceiling crisis that wasn't there instead of working on, oh I don't know figuring out a way to make more freaking jobs.

August 15, 2011 at 11:16 pm |
  5. joe

Obama aka SUPER LEACH
    on this SCREW AMERICA TOUR
    Schucking and Jiving the Gulliable American People

August 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
  6. Stephanie

It doesn't matter what he has said & what's he has done or hasn't done. Its still a huge deal when a small town of 3,000 people get to have the President of the United States stop for lunch. I just wish I hadn't had surgery that day so I could have been with my neighbors while he was at the coffee mill. So sad I missed a once in a lifetime opportunity in the small town of Zumbrota, where I live.

August 16, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
  7. B-Dog

I'd rather have Habib from my local 7-Eleven running the country right now than this clown. The mere title of President get's people up off their sofas and out to meet the guy, even though he's the worst president this country has ever had. I feel sorry for the people of this great country, having been stuck with Pelosi/Reid since 2006, which decimated our country and then Obama started finishing it off piece by piece with his outrageious policies, spending, and destruction. Yet again, on every campaign speech he gave, he referred to the rich not paying enough and so on, even though we've had a progressive tax system in this country forever, and only his buddies like GE, Google, et all are the ones gaming the system and getting off scot-free. The rest of the country making over $200,000 a year pay 70% of all the taxes. Obama is certainly not the answer to any of our problems. Voting him out of office in 2012 is the most important move this country can make at this point. We can choose to continue to the slide to 3rd world country status, or get back control of our country from the tax/spenders.

August 16, 2011 at 10:51 pm |
  8. Damian

someone rented a sign near Zumbrota that said "Obama take your BS back home" xD Right on the highway for the president to see. I bet hes having second thought about freedom of speech!

August 17, 2011 at 1:45 am |
    • Wendy

Damian Figueroa?

August 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  9. Liz Carter in Georgia

Yes we do enjoy the right to freedom of speech, but 'slander' is against the law! Most of you haters are slanderizing and scandalizing the President of the United States. You'd rather have HABIB as President than 'this clown' huh?!? Well, I guess the troops can really sit down and smoke opium in AFGHANISTAN and IRAQ then! We'll all be united as ONE under SHARIA LAW! Your whole comment is composed selfishly beligerent 'PATRIOT', and your frightening lunacy is pathetic! HABIB? Oooh..we better watch out!

August 18, 2011 at 8:33 am |
    • joe

Obama needs to earn the Respect of the american People
      so Far he's failed
      Obama is America's worst Disaster since 9/11

August 18, 2011 at 9:08 am |
  10. joe

Since CNN will not allow me to post this on the artical about Estate taxes I'll say it Here
    No one who leaves money to thier estate should be taxed
    thats Triple taxation
    Obama is trying spread the wealth Socalism

August 18, 2011 at 9:05 am |
  11. Liz Carter in Georgia

@jb; So what? Weren't they running against each other? She had to be nasty, because she felt threatened, as well she should've. Bill acted like a two faced-fool TOO! Often during the campaign, subtlly demeaning OBAMA around the campaign trail! That's typical of debates and primaries! In the end after everybody's weened out, except the last man or woman standing, historically they've thrown all support behind the winner. I don't believe the Clintons hearts are in it 100% this time for Dem Pres Obama though!

August 18, 2011 at 10:19 pm |
  12. Liz Carter in Georgia

@jb; one more thing, did you see the charade of a debate put on by the GOP candidates a week or two ago? Can you quote what Bachmann said to Pawlenty and what Pawlenty said to Bachman? Can you quote any of the candidates statements, especially Gingrichs' to Chris Wallace? These are the words you need to be concerned with, not worrying about what Hillary Clinton said to OBAMA in 2008. I know everybody just loves dissing this President, but don't let it be your lifes mission; you all will soon regret it!

August 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm |