Wednesday Poll
President Obama the "underdog"?
October 5th, 2011

Wednesday Poll

Earlier this week President Obama told an interviewer he felt he was "absolutely" the underdog in the upcoming 2012 presidential election.  The president pointed to the struggling economy as the reason.  But in the end, Mr. Obama said the 2012 election would "be a contest of values and vision" believing his vision would be more persuasive to the American people.  What do you think?

Topics: Poll

1. Maggie

He is making himself look like the underdog because he knows that he is going to lose in 2012. Obama has to go and I will take any republican candidate over him because I know that person could never be a disaster like he has been.

October 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm |
    • MTATL67

I would like exact specifics of his failure and how he has made things worse. Tell us how the GOP giving $260,000 to squirrels in Sen. McConnell’s state of Kentucky help produce jobs. How has me buying a new home under the President programs hurt the economy? Tell us how the GOP's in Congress policy of "No to everything" has helped to improve anything. Specifics not generalizations, please.

October 5, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
    • bkisses

I dont think obama will lose the 2012 election remember where u heard this from..

October 5, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  2. MTATL67

I am not sure because. I know for a fact that the "No to Everything" policy by Sen. McConnell, Rep. Boehner and Rep. Cantor fails to help. I know that the extremists are dangerous and folks are starting to realize this especially after that disgusting display in Florida. I know that folks need to start putting the responsibility for the stalled economy on the correct solders of the GOP and their extremist allies the Tea party.

October 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm |
    • Maggie

Because you libs/dems always want things to go your way or its no way at all and that is no longer working. Then you turn around and blame the other side for your incompetence. So you had better start on another strategy because that old one is not working with the American people.

October 5, 2011 at 3:09 pm |
      • Trace

Maggie, tsk tsk tsk...why so angry? But listen, I was there with GW Bush. I found it absolutely stupifying that GOP/Tea Freaks would all that man to run two (2), TWO WARS....Off Budget and WITH TAX CUTS. Were you one of those that thought that was a good idea? This country has always been about shared sacrafice. My father was a sargent in the Army and he was deployed to both Korea and Vietnam, an in neither conflict, did any president cut taxes. I won't even ask you if remember learning about the "Shared Sacrafice of WW 1" but you probably failed that class, considering you can't remember what Bush and Cheney said ...Mission Accomplished and Deficits dont Matter – two classic statements that will go down in history.

October 5, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
  3. Soldier321

Wow Maggie, that as really weak argument. People can hate our POTUS as much as they want, this is a free society. However the facts remain the same, the cost of health care was rising quickly before the health care reform bill, but still is but at a slower pace. Wall street was bleeding, but are in better shape now. Oil companies made huge profits but those in power seemed to cower instead of fight for the consumer, many still do. And the racisim that was hidden for years came out when they realized "we have a black man as the POTUS". Call it like it is, you are good enough in this country as long as you stay in your place. If that be the case elect "Herman Cain" he will surely do as his massa's tell him to do. At least this president looks out for the working class and those out of work, what has the republican congress done, please answer that? I'm waiting.

October 5, 2011 at 3:26 pm |
  4. SuccessBound

I agree with you MTATL67, the blame should be put where it is most deserving. Obama is used as the scapegoat because everyone needs someone to blame. The truth of the matter is that the economy was going down hill way before Obama, everything just started becoming our reality with his presidency. I agree with you as well Maggie there could possibly be better ways for the President to try to turn things around. He just stepped into office at the wrong time adn things went down hill from there. Rebuilding our economy is going to take more that just the next 4 yrs because it took more than 4 years to get to the state we are currently in. I believe that all parties should take some form of the blame instead of pointing the finger at just one. Whether the democrats or republicans win the presidency there is still a lot of work to rebuilding our economy and trust in the government.

October 5, 2011 at 3:29 pm |
  5. insight

I'm Obama all the way. I'm also voting straight Dem. I'm so over being held hostage by the GOP/TP just to make Obama a one term president. I also believe it should be outlawed to be paid off in any manner from any Lobbyist in Washington to any member serving our Nation.

October 5, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
    • caffeine

I feel the same way.

October 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
  6. bkisses

i like obama and i think hes trying we need to give him another chance.. people been judging obama very harshly more than the other administration.

October 5, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

Good comment Soildier321. I agree.

October 5, 2011 at 8:20 pm |
  8. Liz Carter in Georgia

@MTATL67; You go! I want to know what they're doing to enhance the largest percentage of the American people too! The only thing I've seen the GOP/TEAPARTY do is take the same old slogan from Former First Ladies Nancy Reagans' and Betty Fords' drug and alcohol rehab initiatives, and have driven it into the ground...'JUST SAY NO'! Even if we did like it at first, if we find out OBAMA likes it too...'JUST SAY NO' anyway! What a bunch of biggoted simpletons!

October 5, 2011 at 8:39 pm |
  9. Leatha

For those who oppose the President and his actions, get real and Be Still. He has fought a fight like none other, at every turn there is an obstacle to face or some turmoil of a crisis that has been boiling on the back burner for years and simply ignored or passed around. We have criticized his decisions fro the onset, has Any offered to solved any of our woes? Arm chair quarterbacks are a dime a dozens, if you really want to make change in our nation, stop electing the same personnel into office. Same folks same results.

October 6, 2011 at 1:48 am |
  10. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Leatha, good comment. I agree. We need to 'CHANGE' the laws, change the policies and change the CONGRESS everytime a new President is elected. He/she needs a new Congress to work with just like they bring in a new administration. Although, I do know Congress has worked with other Presidents whether they were DEM or REPUB, for the 'good of the nation', but when this 'particular' President stepped in, everything shut down! I wonder why!

October 8, 2011 at 5:37 pm |