Morning Briefing: Wall Street still hearts Obama?
October 20th, 2011

Morning Briefing: Wall Street still hearts Obama?

Obama still popular on Wall Street? [WashPost]

Does he have a Maxine Waters problem? [POLITICO]

Biden gets a bit testy [POLITICO]

Perry v. Romney: It’s getting personal [NYTimes]

Is Romney’s support broader than it seems? [WSJ]

GOP doesn’t know how to deal with Cain [POLITICO]

But he likes his ‘my guns and my bible [HuffPost]

And Perry takes a page from his playbook [WashPost]

1. Billy Boy

...really????? hahahahaha I think I would love the guy that gave a crapload of money stolen from a lot of stupid people to me & my wall street buddies...yup....that's like winning the lotto....hahahahahahahha

October 20, 2011 at 9:24 am |
  2. Jason Demidoff

Has CNN mentioned ANYWHERE on its site today that Ron Paul has raised almost $3 mil in the past 24 hours??? Not that i can see!!!

October 20, 2011 at 1:32 pm |
  3. Howard

Instead of protesting on Wall Street, these clueless occupiers should be protesting at the White House ... but, since obama has joined Chavez, Amadinajad, the Communist party, and the Nazi party, in supporting these freeloading malcontents, who are turning the streets of America into open sewers, they are inspired to do his bidding, as the newest group of obama stooges.

October 20, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
    • MTATL67

Did not know freedom of speech was communistic or Nazism or anti-American. The Republicans booed a soldier sitting in Iraq defending their freedom to boo him. They chanted "Let him die" when asked about helping someone who did not have insurance and you are calling protesters Communists and Nazi’s. That’s funny. Expressing the your rights guaranteed to you under the constitution is most patriotic.

October 20, 2011 at 2:10 pm |
    • Trace

Howard,

Do you or Jay have EVER HAVE A sensible point to make? Listening to you and your buddy in slime (Jay) is like listening to a broken record. Never once do either of you exclaim the great ideas or virtues of any one of the Re-Dumblican candidates running for president. Oh that's right...Those idiots have NO Redeeming qualities. So you two just spout of your disrepect for the president. If that's a life, its not much of one, that's for sure.

Don't you feel stupid when you make those Hank Williams remarks? That idiot was too dumb to realize Americans arent interested in hearing stupid, uninformed, redneck hatred of the president (i.e. communist, muslim, Nazi) So he's now unemployed.

It takes un-american people to carry around the faux news bumper sticker slogans. And as for me and mine, we're proud to be americans and we pull for the home team. How about the two of you?

October 21, 2011 at 12:34 am |
  4. Howard's Brain

I don't know why I reference words like communist, nazi, etc. I guess it's just that I really can't think for myself and usually just spout what Rush tells me.

October 20, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
  5. Jay in NC

Remember who said “I will change our bankruptcy laws to make it easier for families to stay in their homes,” When it came down to it The president sided with big banks, Wall Street, not the American people. This administration coined the phrase "to big to fail." Barry is the 1%

October 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
  6. george of the jungle

THe president makes less than most of the repos running for president. So Jay again you have no clue as to what you are talking about, And Howard you are just a jerk what more can be said. Obama Biden 2012

October 20, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

Am I missing something? 'When it came down to it The president sided with the banks'?!? So even if I did sign on to your deceptive perception of how former President Bush as well as President Obama has HAD to do to avoid a total disaster and the certain fall of the AMERICAN FINANCIAL EMPIRE, why does that prove or say that bankruptcy laws WEREN'T made easier, so people could stay in their houses? Who said the criteria for filing hadn't been loosened? OBAMA CAN'T MAKE PEOPLE FILE YOU KNOW! You have to file!

October 21, 2011 at 6:47 am |
    • Jay in NC

Liz, "criteria loosened" is not the same as "easier for families to stay in their homes".

Consider this from the Huffington Post

Rep. Dennis Cardoza (D-Calif.) said Obama’s approach to the foreclosure crisis has been "an absolute failure" and predicted it will continue to drag down the economy unless he changes tack.

"For the life of me, I can't figure out why a community organizer who says he cares about families, who says he cares about communities, has just turned his back on one of the biggest problems in America,” said Cardoza, who co-chairs the Democratic Caucus Housing Stabilization Task Force. "The way they get defensive when you point out it's been a failure just underscores to me they don't have a clue about what to do."

October 21, 2011 at 8:12 am |
  8. Liz Carter in Georgia

'CRITERIA FOR FILING HADN'T BEEN LOOSENED'?....Don't try to twist my comment into something that suits your anger, dismissiveness, and disrespect of OBAMA. Thanks for your Huffingtonpost article, but I still stick by my comment. 'Easier for families to stay in their homes'. ALL I was saying was that WHY DOES THAT PROVE OR SAY THAT BANKRUPTSY LAWS WEREN'T MADE EASIER, SO PEOPLE COULD STAY IN THEIR HOUSES'! I know that was his mission. That's still what I believe Pres OBAMA is trying to do, no matter what.

November 2, 2011 at 7:52 pm |