November 24th, 2011

What's for Thanksgiving dinner?

The White House has released today's Thanksgiving menu. Highlights include Oyster stuffing, sweet potatoes, and six pies choices.

Dinner:

• Sweet Potato Pie
• Huckleberry Pie
• Cherry Pie

Topics: Thanksgiving

Next entry »
  1. Me

Dinner sounds delicious. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

November 24, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
  2. Liz Carter in Georgia

Yes it does sound like some good eating. I hope you, your wife, family and friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Because of the grace of GOD, I did.

November 24, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
  3. m

Someone is stuffing their face in this down economy.

November 24, 2011 at 11:22 pm |
    • sara

I certainly did and Shared some too! Did you share? With you, this President and his family shouldn't eat on Thanksgiving? All the others ate well before him.

I even ate well during Reagan's recession when he passed out boxes of Gov'ment Cheese, Canned Beef and Pork and not to mention the Peanut butter after he shipped my job to China in the 1980's. You can't have remembered the "black and white" boxes and cans handed to you in storefront churches and other charitable organizations. We all said then, "trickled-down" will lead to the middle-class becoming poor and the rich will become richer. In other words, this is the "finale" of those policies. Help us return this country to it's glory and encourage your republican friends to admit, "Trickled-Down" was wrong for our country and you know this by the state that it's in now. Took a long time for all to see. NOW SEE.

November 25, 2011 at 11:41 am |
  4. Joey

As long as the Obama's eat well I guess that's all that matters. What about the record number on food stamps and unemployment? Another liberal hypocrisy!

November 25, 2011 at 5:28 am |
    • Jules

We ate well, too, as well as shared our abundance with those less fortunate. That is what the real liberals do, just like Jesus taught us.

November 25, 2011 at 10:43 am |
    • sara

You are pitiful. Did you share what God blessed you with?

November 25, 2011 at 11:31 am |
  5. Joey

Of course I did, I give 10% to charity year round and step it up to 15% during the holidays. I also volunteer to help feed the homeless. When you do this, even if you're barely making ends meet, the money always comes back to you in some way. It's called having faith in God. Liberals don't really believe this or there wouldn't be sooo many social programs. It's always better to give freely rather than having it taken away by the govt. Try it sometime.

November 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
    • jean2009

Then Joey I guess it can also be said that liberals (like me) also share our wealth and good fortune with the less fortunate year round....it doesn't take believing in a mythical being, just plain caring about our fellow man.

If I were you, I would also not forget that a great many good things can also be done with social programs. Food stamps puts food on the table for a lot of people who would otherwise go hungry. I'm glad whenever my tax dollars provides food, shelter, and something needed and useful....rather than war.

November 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
      • Steveo

Jean2009,

Sorry God is NOT Mythical!

November 25, 2011 at 7:32 pm |
    • Me

That first comment is mine. I had hoped people would just go with the nice WH story but no. I'm so glad, Joey, that according to you, I don't have to go ring the Salvation Army bell again tomorrow because I don't believe in God or have faith. I'm so glad that I don't have to stand there as it snows, saying Merry Christmas to those who give and those who don't alike. I won't have to don the Christmas tree costume just to induce people to plunk a penny in the bucket or just to give people a smile because we forget that this time of year is supposed to be happy. I'm so glad that I am no longer required to go try and help the needy anymore because I am a Democrat.

November 26, 2011 at 12:37 am |
      • Steveo

Me

In my opinion, you are addressing what is wrong with politics today, lack of civility and decency! I thank you for being there for those who need help. Politics has nothing t do with that. It only takes a good and decent heart! People give because they care. It is an issue of the heart, not a political one! As a note to Joey, don't think for s moment that everyone on the right has a belief in God and everyone on the left does not. My Dad is a pastor AND and a Democrat!

November 26, 2011 at 9:42 am |
  6. Liz Carter in Georgia

I agree with everything you said in your post Jean, except the part about 'mythical being'. I agree with Steveo...GOD is not mythical. HE is real. I know HE'S real; I feel HIM deep in my SOUL. BTW..I said HE because I believe HE'S a HE. I believe that HE created ADAM in HIS own image, which would make HIM male; not female which some try to argue! God IS! We had to come from something and I believe we came from 'THE' GODHEAD. HE IS....HE is the alpha and the omega...the beginning and the end. Thankyou GOD!

November 25, 2011 at 11:23 pm |
    • Steveo

Hey Sis. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Truth is...Every day is Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2011 at 9:43 am |
    • jean2009

@Liz in this country people have a right to believe as they wish....so do you...and so do I. Some of the kindest people I know don't. Maybe It can be summed up by saying, I believe in one less god than other people.

There is a world of difference between being moral and caring ...and being a fanatic who only cares for those who believe a certain thing, or a certain way. I guess it can be summed up, that I believe we as humans will do much better, by this planet and it's inhabitants, when we quit handing off reins to something other than ourselves as being the responsible entity. When we face the fact that we are responsible; then we can quit sitting on our duffs expecting some supreme power to waltz in and rectify things for us.

November 26, 2011 at 11:59 am |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

Joey...the reason there ARE so many social programs subsidized by government is because there aren't a lot of people that think like you do nor do what you say you do for others. Sara, that's exactly why Reagan had to re-institute gov'ment cheeze, canned pork and beef not to mention the peanut butter! People have lost all sense of responsibility of the less fortunate..Americans have lost their umption and compassion to aid in the welfare of its brotherman! Even JESUS didn't do that..HE served til the END!

November 25, 2011 at 11:44 pm |
  8. george of the jungle

Sounds like a good menu Only we had a pecan pie too. I just knew someone would complain because the first family had a thanksgiving dinner. Come on people enough already.

November 26, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
  9. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Jean...I agree with you. I know this is a country where freedom of religion or NOT prevails! Oh unless it's Islam...they seem to catch a whole lot of hell, which is biased and wrong. However, I was just voicing my own personal belief as you were when you made your belief known to us all AGAIN referring to the higher power as a 'mythical being'. That's all. You've let us know a 'few' times you weren't a person of faith and that certainly is your perogative, especially in America! No offense was intended.

November 26, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
  10. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Steveo, true...and I thank HIM every morning HE allows me to wake up, open my eyes, and still clothed with a fairly reasonable, cognizant mind. Truth is, that has nothing to do with politics period; Democrat nor Republican! Inependent, Progressive, Liberalism, nor Conservatism! Black nor White! Rich nor Poor! I know where my strength comes from! I will share it everyday in some way as long as I'm able. The 'last shall be first and the first shall be last..deny me before men, I'll deny you before my Father'

November 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm |
  11. Commission

I discovered your web page on faves.com bookmarking siteI like it and gave it a fave for you, I’ll be checking back regularly

February 27, 2012 at 12:24 pm |