New CNN poll has Obama beating entire GOP field
December 20th, 2011

New CNN poll has Obama beating entire GOP field

CNN's Paul Steinhauser has the latest CNN Poll numbers:

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama's numbers are on the rise in two important indicators of his reelection chances, according to a new national survey.

A CNN/ORC International Poll out Tuesday indicates the president's margins have increased against five possible Republican presidential challengers in hypothetical general election matchups and that Obama's approval rating is up five points since mid-November.

According to the poll, Obama leads former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney 52%-45% in a possible 2012 showdown. Romney, who's making his second bid for the GOP nomination, held a 51%-47% margin over the president in last month's survey. Obama also holds the same 52%-45% advantage over Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. Last month the president had a 51%-47% margin over Paul, who's making his third run for the White House.

Full Story HERE

Read full results (pdf).

Topics: Uncategorized

1. Whatever

Wow, finally some good news for the Ron Paul campaign. Republicans no longer need worry that Ron Paul could lose the election for them. Obviously, if you believe in CNN then by CNN has stating that all the GOP candidates fall short, the GOP might as well support the choice of the GOP constituency. So if the people pick Ron Paul, the RNC needs to back Ron Paul against Obama. No more excuses Republicans, get behind the choice of the people, Ron Paul!

December 20, 2011 at 6:12 pm |
    • Vigla

Yeah, Ron Paul will save us... He has absolutely no chance at becoming POTUS. NO CHANCE! It's hilarious how you folks keep pushing this guy on us and clearly no one is listening. LOL

December 26, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  2. Blinded by the republican lie

And they will go even higher...sending my donation tonight!!!

Obama/Biden 2012!!!!

December 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm |
    • greatscott

I already have!

December 20, 2011 at 7:40 pm |
  3. Legalize America

Ron Paul 2012, END the United States Corperation!

December 20, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
    • Vigla

Yep, let's elect the "every man for himself" candidate! Excellent choice!

December 26, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  4. Jenn

Whatsoever, I don't believe this poll.

December 20, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
    • Vigla

Whatsoever? lol... Obama will be re-elected. That much is certain. Just like Bush was re-elected in 2004 and it was one of the most things I EVER experienced. I was CERTAIN that foolwould be voted out and yet, he was re-elected. Barely, mind you, but re-elected nonetheless. If HE can be re-elected, Obama will win in a cake walk.

December 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
      • DanH

Use your food stamps to buy that cake walk.

January 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
  5. Dontbow

yea and we all know how good cn polls are. lol

December 20, 2011 at 8:32 pm |
  6. zigge

The WH propaganda machine is in full swing.

December 20, 2011 at 9:07 pm |
    • Peperone

Mr. Berg,I am sure you have been told this but still it bears repeating.Glen Beck nor Sarah Palin at the Restore Honor rally on Washington D.C. did not meiotnn about LTC Terry Lawkin and how he is literally putting his life and career on the line for this ????? who is in the office of the POTUSA. All of you listen to me if this man is put in prison for simply asking for the original long form birth certificate AND to prove in a court of law how is eliglable to be President when his father was not a US cizxten and his mother at the time of his birth was not old enough to confer citizenship to her son according to the immigration laws at his birth and to show how he could be still be eligible when his mother divorced her foreign born husband and married another person from another country and went to that country had her son citizenship changed. That ????????? must prove in a court of law that he is eliglable to be President according to the US Constitution.If not then LTC Terry Lawkin has a right and duty to disobey any order of movement from that person. Truly LTC Terry Lawkin has defended our US Constitution from enemies from within'. By God Grace that person will be removed from that office.IF NOT GOD WILL CHANGE THE FACE OF OUR MILITARY AND IT WILL SCARE THE ??? OUT OF US ALL THE ATTITUDES THEY WILL TAKE AND ACTIONS

August 1, 2012 at 5:41 am |
  7. Trace

The TeaBots heads are about to explode in T minus -3, -2, and....wait for it....wait for it.....TOTAL IMPLOSION

Listen geniuses, try to tell the american people that the Senate Republicans who are now saying those Crazed Special Needs House TeaBaggers are all in need of emergency labotomies, is not a Great reason to Support the only Adult in the Room / President Obama.

Good luck with that you guys! Most people can actually see in full living color the awesome stupidity that is now what represents the Republican Party

December 20, 2011 at 11:15 pm |
    • jean2009

ORC International, is the Opinion Research Corporation International which was originally founded in 1938 by Claude Robinson and George Gallup. Robinson was the first director of the Gallup poll. ORC International is a founding member of the Council of American Survey Research Organizations. If any organization can do respected polling this would be the group.

December 21, 2011 at 11:35 am |
  8. jerry

makes sense for a CNN pole...that is. bo is finished, the world knows it and so do thinking Americans.

December 20, 2011 at 11:24 pm |
    • sara

I'm a thinking 60 year old woman and He's NOT finished. He and America has unfinished work to do...without obstructions masquarading as Senators and Congressman. Sends my 25.00 every month.

December 21, 2011 at 1:49 am |
      • sallierais

Very sad. Does Obama's billion dollar was chest for re election really need your sad little contribution?
        Obama already accomplished his mission, which was to divide and destroy from within.
        He has refused for 6 months to even speak to GOP leaders...how's that for leadership??

January 11, 2012 at 6:44 pm |
    • nina

It's spelled 'poll', not 'pole'. Dummy.

December 21, 2011 at 8:08 am |
    • Vigla

Yes Jerry, stay delusional... Let's hear from you after Obama is re-elected easily. LOL. You have NO clue.

December 26, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
  9. Tina Texas

He will go higher still when people catch wind of the Republicans showing their true colors and not coming together and getting business done so the middle class taxes will not go up. If people vote for the Republicans come Nov they are crazy as their party that they think cares for their well being. NOT

December 21, 2011 at 12:10 am |
  10. obama

Obama has no chance against Ron Paul.

December 21, 2011 at 2:06 am |
    • jake

How old is Ron Paul? Will he make it to Nov if he somehow wins the nomination?
      If he's against government and works for government now how will he justify taking another government job?

December 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm |
    • Obama 2012

I would agree.........Ron wont be getting the nomination. Ha!!

January 11, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
  11. Joey

Politicians have their own pollsters that they pay good money for and are far more in depth than the network/newspaper ones. Watch how the politicians act and what they say and you'll know what their polls are telling them. Like everyone says, there's still a long way to go before election day and more ups and downs are going to happen. I'm sure Obama likes this poll but he knows it really doesn't mean much in the big picture. He'll trust his own pollsters not CNN.

December 21, 2011 at 4:39 am |
    • Trace

Oh yeah Joey Genius...there couldn't possibly be anyone that would support this president for trying to help the middle class. Rationality must be a bit diffuse for people like you. I am so grateful you represent the low info electorate, and therefore, not only a minority but soon to be extinct with the rest of the Tea-Roaches that need to be exterminated from the political discussion.

Ok, sorry I called you genius...That was unfair and certainly not a reasonable description of you

December 21, 2011 at 9:58 am |
  12. Larry

If Ron Paul does not make it to the general election, I guess I will have to vote for Obama again. Ron Paul 2012 or bust ! All of the others are clowns, and want to cut billions in a 10 or 15 yr span – If we don't cut a trillion each yr, we're not gonna make it, as a country, period. Every 1.5 yrs, the debt adds another trillion

December 21, 2011 at 4:58 am |
  13. Oh, Really?

Jimmy Carter led Ronald Reagan by a full 5 to 7 points right up to the election in 1976. In the end, people understood that liberalism doesn't create jobs or prosperity. All it creates is malaise.

All CNN does is route for Obama. What're they going to do when the Tea Party cleans his political clock again?

December 21, 2011 at 6:38 am |
    • Ramse Kfoury

Well, first you would have to find a smart politician within the Tea Party lol

January 4, 2012 at 10:33 am |
    • mike NY

If there Tea party were to win our country will suffer. Alll signs point to things getting better. I believe that the American voter will do what is best for the country and stay the course. Re elect the president and elect serious minded people elected to congress...enough with the clowns that have no solutions just soundbites.

January 11, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
    • Dean

So what happened with Clinton?

January 13, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  14. Jim

Obama media propaganda.

December 21, 2011 at 8:01 am |
  15. ritmocojo

The way the GObPers in the House are behaving we may not even have to have an election in 2012 as President Obama will win it before November of 2012. All thanks to the TPers.

December 21, 2011 at 8:49 am |
    • sallierais

Congressional leaders have begged Obama to meet with them. He REFUSES. Since July!

January 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm |
  16. Be Sane

OBAMA 2012!!!!!!!!!!! The best part of this whole Republican clown show is that they are doing it to themselves. Any middle class American who would vote republican is nuts!

December 21, 2011 at 8:59 am |
    • Trace

Amen...So let it be said, and So let it be done

December 21, 2011 at 10:00 am |
    • iab

The GOP has no respect for people of color, women, people with different sexual preferences, and poor less informed white people. In fact the GOP uses them, brainwashes them so much they vote against their own self interest.

December 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
      • Patrice

Bill, #69, ha ha ha. Running a country, and all the ceinbat level departments, especially the really important ones, is far more complicated and a whole nuther animal, than a political campaign.The _team_ I was talking about was not necessarily his campaign team, but all his appointments for his administration, from his chief-of-staff on down, and the ceinbat level appointments, and all their people they are going to put in position.There are hundreds of people that a new president has to put into place, and those people are then in charge of hiring/appointment many more who are still outside of the civil-service positions.In other words, who are going to be his Cheneys, Rices, etc?And , Obama is _not_ that smart. He's got charisma, and a good campaign manager and _campaign_ staff, but smarts, in terms of intellect and knowledge, no.And Hillary is not all that bad-looking or fat for a woman her age. She's better looking than most single women her age that I know. Most single women in the church who are her age are fatter.I'm really really torn. I'm a die-hard conservative, and I'm seriously tempted to vote democrat in the general election, just so Republicans don't get the blame for the mess we're going to have in the next 4 years.Wouldn't be ironic if many democrats voted republican for same reasoning?Hmmm, would it be too morbid to hope that Romney is McCain's running mate, they win the general election, and then McCain soon throws one of his temper-trantrums and pops a blood-vessel in his brain?

July 30, 2012 at 5:51 am |
  17. TheAnt

I have read some of the comments and well I can smell fear a mile away I think the Republicans are getting nervous.

People it is not a win lose it is we must win for the country or has the Newt Gingrich way sunk in for all of America.

The GOP deserve this they really messed up if the tax break was for the weatthy they would have not even worried about the Democrats they would have lock steped themselves and done it.

Now they created their own mess and they will have to live with it PERIOD.

December 21, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
  18. Jessica

As an independent voter I would choose Paul over Obama.

But if Paul fails to secure the GOP nomination I will vote for Obama.

December 23, 2011 at 7:27 pm |
    • iab

Ron Paul is anti government period. Who do you folks think protect you from harm? Who do you call on for pure water, good roads, bridges, schools, inferior products from foreign countries that poison babies, dogs, etc? We need the government, the people in DC who want to destroy the government get paid by our tax $$s. They live off the govern, become millionaires while in Wash DC representing all Americans. Ron Paul is a little man with a Napoleon Complex. If their r no checks and balances which the constitution provides what do you think the 1% (group the GOP represents} would do? They would be in control.

America needs the checks and balances. Did Reagon's trickle down theory work? Did Bush's tax breaks for the wealthy provide jobs for the working class? Unemployment went from 4% to 8% under Bush. Read, check it out.

Just get the facts. 29 miners were killed, no union representation. 11 workers on oil rig in gulf killed due to NOT following rules and regs set up by fed. govern. READ FOLKS. Pres. O wants jobs for Americans but he wants them to be safe. He wants the pipe line from Canada to be safe for workers, people who live in the area and to protect the environment . When he stopped the drilling in the gulf he wanted proof of safety measures in place b/4 drilling again. He wants to protect Americans from the greedy ones so they lied and said Pres O was stopping people from working. If you as Americans continue to fail to conduct research, check factcheck.org u will continue to believe the wealthy who control everything you see and hear. We the people are the government and until each and every American realizes that we will be manipulated by the 1% because they believe in DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

December 26, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
  19. Dean

1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us
    If it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to
    Free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be
    Allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay
    Billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my rear end, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

December 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm |
    • Dean

I would ask you to not vote for Democrats because Democrats do not believe in any of the things you list in your comment.

January 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
  20. Paul

I predict Obama's poll numbers vs the various Republicans will continue to rise, as more people see the extreme positions many of them have taken, witness the continual flip-flopping of the top tier candidates on issues, and observe the internecine warfare during what promises to be a prolonged primary campaign which may not even be decided by the time of the convention, if it's split up enough.

December 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm |
  21. Marty

When Obama Tee-bows in front of the world to see, I might consider voting 4 him.
    Till then, Romney got my vote!!!

January 2, 2012 at 8:27 am |
    • sallierais

Obama would be on hands and knees bowing way before he would ever Te-Bow, afterall, it's what appeals to his left wing anti-American mentality

January 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm |
  22. Dadster

With millions out of work and where the Republicans main goal is to defeat President Obama, what else could the Republicans possibly expect? Maybe this is why they pander so hard to the richest in hopes of being able to buy their way into the White House. All the while they complain that the unemployed are receiving 99 weeks of unemployment but yet they fail to do anything about job creation other than duplicating Bush's cuts for the wealthiest.

January 5, 2012 at 10:32 am |
  23. Jordan

If Ron Paul doesnt get the nomination Im voting for Obama again.Romney is going to bankrupt this country like he did those companies.

January 7, 2012 at 11:53 pm |
  24. ade williams

jordan pls dont lost your vote . vote for obama. i am not american . but know one in the world want republicans. they have anything to offer you or any body , but there family

January 13, 2012 at 5:04 pm |