POTUS' Day Ahead: First Family marks MLK Day
January 16th, 2012

POTUS' Day Ahead: First Family marks MLK Day

It's a quiet day at the White House as the first family observes Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. On the schedule: the entire family will participate in a service event in Washington, DC later this morning. In the evening, the president and first lady will attend a reception at the Kennedy Center honoring Dr. King.

8:30AM Pool Call Time

9:50AM THE FIRST FAMILY participates in a service project
Washington, DC area
Travel Pool Coverage (Gather Time 9:10AM – North Doors of the Palm Room)

6:00PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY attend the Let Freedom Ring Celebration
Kennedy Center
Travel Pool Coverage (Gather Time 5:20PM – North Doors of the Palm Room)

1. icy

is this where michelle can get mad about the american flag again ?

January 16, 2012 at 8:52 am |
    • curtis

must be cold under that sheet?

January 16, 2012 at 9:57 am |
    • KatR

When did Ms. Obama get mad about the American flag?

January 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • jean2009

Please where is the source of your misinformation? Was there a prior incident? Or, are you just another brainwashed teapitty moron who believes any wild tale? The last option sounds more feasible.

January 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • jerry R

perhaps you are confusing her statement about finally be proud of America...since Barack was elected president... you must understand she grew up in the south side of chicago...not exactly the epicenter of true American pride and morality, as was the environment barack grew up in...

January 16, 2012 at 7:55 pm |
  2. Mike

icy.......... You are a very small minded person! Can we celibrate Dr. King without any jabs at the POTUS or his wife?

January 16, 2012 at 9:11 am |
  3. AlnC

To those who love truth, we offer a different understanding. Our understanding is not based on media reports but on the Word of God. People are outraged when they hear our message even though this country is founded on freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Why do people get angry when somebody presents their belief? Check out our website http://www.Hear-The-Truth.com

January 16, 2012 at 10:49 am |
  4. jerry R

ok...their biggest day of the year...supporting the marxist MLK...surprise!

January 16, 2012 at 10:49 am |
    • KatR

Do you label any individual with whom you disagree a marxist?

January 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
      • jean2009

@ Kat
        Taking into consideration that for today Jerky is not discussing booty and eyebrows. He is just a trailer trash Nazi who hasn't honed worthwhile skills past name calling.

January 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
      • jerry R

Do yourself a favor...study King.... you will find he was a marxist...but then to many of you thats not a bad thing...is it?

January 16, 2012 at 7:49 pm |
      • jerry R

@Jean.... I've never discussed eye brows.... now booty, thats another mater! hahaha

January 16, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
      • jerry R

just the Marxists.

January 16, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
  5. OBAMA2012

jerry r....i guess the r stands for redneck??? i bet you dont think labor day or 4th of july is a marxist day since im sure you celebrate it. Idiots are in every race and you sure are shining bright with your racist a** today. you probably live in a dump and are quick to point the finger at anyone who doesnt think the way you do. Back asswards!

January 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
    • jerry R

I think the Kennedys were scum bags...does that make me racist?

January 16, 2012 at 7:50 pm |
    • jerry R

You my little minded friend would be surprised if you knew who I am. I'm not a republican or democrat, or ever took a dime from anyone I didn't earn. I have close friends who are of many races and sexual orientation. I have supported, educated, and raised a family. I live in a fine home that is paid for and spend vacations on my yacht. I have traveled the world, on my own dime. I'm a combat decorated veteran. I grew up poor and I worked hard and I paid for my own education. I've earned the right to say my piece...so get over it!

January 16, 2012 at 8:03 pm |
  6. AMERICA 1st

Lets put up a Bugs Bunny statue next to the dead mans waste of tax dollars statue. At least Bugs Bunny represents something thats noteworthy! Laughs and great entertainment!

January 16, 2012 at 6:15 pm |
    • gew

Bugs Bunny is about your IQ...and what ? You understand a person's worth...I'm not betting on it...

January 17, 2012 at 12:05 am |