March 6th, 2012

Obama campaign sends Biden on the road

Washington (CNN)–Vice President Joe Biden will hit the campaign trail next week beginning with a high profile speech in the critical swing state of Ohio.  A Democratic campaign official tells CNN the vice president will deliver four speeches over the next several weeks to "frame the issues that will define the campaign."  The official, who did not wish to be identified as speaking about campaign strategy, declined to name the Ohio city where the vice president will deliver his remarks.  Mr. Biden has traveled around the country over the past months headlining private fundraising events for the Obama re-election campaign.

1. Howard

CHARACTER = When a man, like Mitt Romney, donates his inheritance to charity .....

CORRUPTION = When a man, like obama, uses the power of the state, to confiscate other people's hard earned money, squanders it, and finances loser companies, in exchange for political contributions, in an effort to get himself reelected.

March 6, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
    • not pure bred 04

Really? Look up character in the dictionary. Says nothing about monetary actions. Truthful, sincere and honest = Obama

March 6, 2012 at 9:18 pm |
      • John

Truthful? Sincere? Honest? Below are from the first year. We can list a bunch more from the 2nd and 3rd year.
        We've already saved or created 150,000 jobs.
        Number one, we inherited a $1.3 trillion deficit. … That wasn’t me.” – Congress, under Democratic control in 2007 and 2008, controlled the purse strings that led to the deficit Obama inherited.Obama supported the emergency bailout package in Bush’s final months — a package Democratic leaders wanted to make bigger.
        Cut Deficit in Half by end of first term.
        Health Care deals will be covered on C-span.
        No Earmarks in the $787 Billion Stimulus.
        I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.
        Guantanamo bay to be closed within a year.
        Won’t Raise taxes on those making less than 250,000 per year.
        Mr. Ayers as “a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” but “not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
        Didn’t know Jeremiah Wright was Radical.
        We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way.
        When a bill lands on my Desk, The American people will have 5 days to review it before I sign it.
        My father served in World War II.
        I don’t Have Lobbyists.
        Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.

March 7, 2012 at 8:47 am |
    • 2020

Get your head straight, sir. Unless you donate your social security, medicard or when you hit with a pre-existing condition when time dues, don't spit against the wind. It always come back to haunt you.

March 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm |
      • John

Are you talking to me? If you are, what the heck are you talking about?

March 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  2. george of the jungle

go get them Joe. This is a guy with real middle class values A patriot and a great dad and a good catholic. Yet he dosent' boast about any of it.

March 6, 2012 at 8:36 pm |
    • John

Right. He must be a "big F____ deal". I am surprised he is going because he said "I would tell members of my family, and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places right now. It's not that it's going to Mexico, it's that you are in a confined aircraft. When one person sneezes, it goes everywhere through the aircraft. That's me."
      Joe feels he is doing everything right and said "If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong."
      Does Joe really want to go? He said "Am I doing this again? ... My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts'." Why isn't BO going Joe? "Remember, I said it standing here, if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy." How do you feel about being VP Joe? "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be Vice President of the United States of America. Let's get that straight. She's a truly close personal friend. She is qualified to be President of the United States of America. She's easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she's first rate." WHo else will be with you Joe? "I'm told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up Chuck, let 'em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about. I'll tell you what, you're making everybody else stand up, though, pal." How do you really feel about BO Joe? "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."Where will you be going Joe? "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

March 7, 2012 at 7:18 am |
  3. Gaylon Barrow

Americans if you care about democracy then you had better wise up and not vote Obama back into the White House. He fully intends to destroy this nation making it a dictator nation.

March 6, 2012 at 9:02 pm |
    • not pure bred 04

Get serious! You;ve been drinking the Gingrich Kool-aid! Moron!

March 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm |
    • raj

Which country you live in dude ? Russia or what? Find it out first.

March 6, 2012 at 10:44 pm |
    • thereik1

Do you truly believe this? Would you have the courage to say this to him if you were given the opportunity to meet him? Or are you just a victim of life such that the idea Obama wants to 'destroy this nation' suits the mold you are in. Obama's political opponents are afraid of him. It's why they choose to malign him. It's also why none will be victorious against him.

March 7, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
      • John

You don't seem to get it. He openly states he wants to change America to something else.

March 7, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  4. Howard

Obama had better send Biden out on the road ... beg all his celebrity pals to contribute lots of money ... and hope the main stream media continues to make excuses for him ... because he can't run on his horrible record ... or, his failed policies

March 6, 2012 at 11:30 pm |
  5. Joey

This isn't even news, it's campaign season, of course they'll be out campaigning. Must be a slow day at CNN.

March 7, 2012 at 4:45 am |
  6. California Conservative

You people complained about Palin yet voted for Biden.

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!