Easter at the White House
April 8th, 2012

Easter at the White House

The Obama family decided to keep it local Sunday morning, walking just across Lafayette Park to St. John’s Episcopal Church for Easter services.

“Happy Easter, everybody” the president said on the way to church, holding hands with his younger daughter Sasha as he walked by the press pool.

During the service the Rector, Rev. Dr. Luis Leon spoke about the mystery of Easter and the resurrection, comparing it to the global economy, neither of which he said he understands. "You ruin it if you try to explain it," he said. "It can't be explained."

Music from a sound check ahead of Monday’s Easter egg roll could be heard on the White House North Lawn as the Obama family walked back from services. Unfortunately this writer is not hip enough with the tween scene to recognize the artist.

1. FIELD1stSGT

Remember the Muslims will not forgive you for backsliding.

April 8, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • chris

FIELD1stSGT. Wow I will not be suprise if you claim to be a Christian. Keep a life jacket handy just in case you drown in your hate. Have you consider the soverign God of the Bible who allowed Obama to became POTUS.

April 8, 2012 at 3:44 pm |

Hey LizCarter!

Here is an Easter Egg for all the Libs!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7w3ZEbC09k&w=640&h=360]

Oh,,, THERE IS No Easter in the Liberal's World,,,

They like Controlling Folks!

Watch the part about Brown Shirts,, Not Brown Folks,,,

Look up Brown Shirts and "Night of the Long Knives"....

You may want to go back to Freedom and your inaliegnable rights!!!

April 8, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
      • ANGY

AMEN!!!!

April 8, 2012 at 11:00 pm |
      • emskadittle

Jesus was the Original Liberal

April 8, 2012 at 11:03 pm |
    • LTNN7890

Gee ....... i cant believe the hatered in America , its really getting out of hand , what do people do just sit around dreaming this stuff up and bless the internet with all of these wild ASSUMPTIONS .

April 9, 2012 at 12:25 am |
      • 1FreeWorld

Is ERIC HOLDER a White Man with Glasses?

Look here NOW!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5p70YbRiPw&w=640&h=360]

Where is the Hate?

Is there Hate, in the TRUTH?

If you are going to SPEW HATE,,,,

Look in the Mirror....

Jean2009 and LizCarter,,,,

Show me where the HATE is!

Use 0ver 200 Words,,, NO SOUND BITES!

Sound Bites Like: You are a Hater and want Women in Hoodies, with Grills, on Date Night
        and there are no POOR FOLKS IN CHINA BURNING AMERICA'S COAL !!!!

April 10, 2012 at 6:19 pm |

Wanna see some Hate???

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLiJ4k5QPNs&w=640&h=360]

Jean2009 and LizCarter,,,, show me where I am a little bit about the HATE of the HOODIE NBP Party!

Red, and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in Jesus's Site
        Jesus loves the Children of the World!

(No Purples (S EI U's they are not really counted as they are beating up Black People!)

If you want HOPE AND CHANGE,,,,
        without HATE,,,,

NObama 2012

ABO = Anybody's Butt but Obama 2012

OMG 2012 = OBAMA MUST GO in 2012

Race Baiters love HATE!

April 10, 2012 at 7:22 pm |
      • 1FreeWorld

Wanna see some more HATE?

Look at the guy in the 4th part!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXOLGLkUhhM&w=640&h=360]

I am all for Peace,,,

Jean2009?
        Lisa Carter?
        Any Non-Ch-rist-ians want to speak up?

Go here if you are a DemocRAT and HATES Fox News..

Fox News IS NOT ALLOWED HERE!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk4E-B5LDkw&w=640&h=360]

Wanna See HATE????

Jean2009? LizCarter?

April 10, 2012 at 8:36 pm |

Jean2009???
        LizCarter???
        George of the Jungle?????

What do you have to say about Hate now????

Crickets Chirping,,,,

I am tapping my fingers waiting for your answers!

Crickets Chirping,,,,

I just love Spring and Summer!

Crickets Chirping,,,,

A lot of Crickets!

April 10, 2012 at 8:59 pm |
  2. Hall for Obama

God will not forgive you for lying. The Muslims don't have a hell or heaven to put you in but God does.

April 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • GetReal

It is a blatant lie to accuse President Obama of being a Muslim, Troll. For your information, Muslims believe in Heaven and Hell, just like Christians and Jews. My God says that he hates liars like you and will spew thee out of his mouth.

April 8, 2012 at 8:01 pm |
      • mikle

HE IS MUSLIM AND IT'S OK. WHAT IS NOT OK IS THE WAY HE GOVERN USA.

April 8, 2012 at 9:47 pm |
      • Steveo

Wrong! John 3:16 declares God loves the WORLD! What He hates is the sin and NOT the sinner!

April 9, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
  3. Diane Keichinger

To FIELD1stSGT Good thing your not GOD. But I guess you know every christian, what about you.You need to pray and pray hard, because your igorant, and you ain't no christian maybe your a secret muslim.

April 8, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • GetReal

Field1stSGT is not even an American soldier, either. More likely a backwoods, anti-gov extremist. You fooled me once Field1stSGT, but never again.

April 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
    • RonJon

Diane Keichinger, Please use correct grammar. You said:"Good thing your not God." The word YOUR is a possessive pronoun, not a contraction for you are. You should use "you're." The word Christian should be capitalized. "You ain't no christian"? I really think ttat you need to be more careful when you write. If you were a student of mine you would fail for those incorrect usages in your message.

April 8, 2012 at 9:08 pm |
    • jean2009

1st Fieldidiot is a member of some Klan paintball backwoods outfit that runs around weekends shooting each other with paint balls.

April 9, 2012 at 6:35 pm |
  4. mary

Michelle and now-grown daughters are beautiful. I can't get over how Malia and Sasha have grown!

April 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
  5. not pure bred 04

What a shame we can't even enjoy our president with his family on Easter Sunday. The hatred is palpable. What goes around comes around!

April 8, 2012 at 6:47 pm |
    • al

Too bad he allowed cameras to take his picture as he went to church. That makes it a political event and no longer subject to the rule of "hands off the family" decorum. Bet after he's home driving his Volt next year he won't be strolling to church at all.

April 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
  6. 1FreeWorld

I am just thinking,,,,,

Here would be Sasha's Brother,,, walking with them as they crossed the street,,,
    to attend Church

If the person in the White House had a son,,, it would look just like the President's son.

The person in the picture has a GRILL.
    A Grill is Gold Colored TEETH.

I am hoping All 5 of the Obumers have a Grill,, or at least accept Grills as a way of life,,,

What is the purpose of a Grill?
    or even a Hoodie?
    Do Asians, Latinos, Italians, Eskimos, Russians,,,, etc,,,, wear Grills and/or Hoodies?
    Does the president's Daughters wear Grills, and or Hoodies?
    On Date Night, does Michelle wear a Grill, and or Hoodie?
    Just wondering...

I am wondering if Jean2009 has a Grill, and if she wears her Grill and Hoodie when she is out Styling at the Super Market !!!!????

I would like to see Sasha in a Hoodie,,, or a Burka,,, or a/an Hijab.

April 8, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
    • reauxbot

happy easter!

April 8, 2012 at 11:36 pm |
    • Ben

It is interesting that you see freedom as a tool for you to put others down. All you have succeded in doing is show the world how insignificantly small you and your views are. I hope someday, you will grow up and step out of the box in which your mind is trapped.

April 9, 2012 at 12:17 am |

Ben, Ben, Ben,

What in my post was putting people down?

If you are against Burkas and Hijabs, you are against a lot of people!
        If you are against Grills and Hoodies, you are against a lot of people!

It is IN your Heart where you see my post as putting people down~!

A lot of Folks go out Styling in Hoodies, Grills, and Burkas!

BTW, "Insignifigantly Small" can also mean LARGER than Needed!

April 9, 2012 at 7:37 pm |
    • Nippy

Put the shut to the Up!! This is what's wrong with America today too many stereotypes. We need to stop making comparisons of different ethnic groups, compared to what some may do, of that same group. We should look at people based on their character, and not the color of their skin, or follow stereotyping of people that the world subscribes to.

April 9, 2012 at 10:09 am |

Nippy, Nippy, Nippy!

What in the world are you talking about?

What does
        "This is what's wrong with America today too many stereotypes."
        mean?

You are missing some words!

Is a "stereotype" a good or bad thing?

You must have a lot of hatred in your soul....

Are all Liberals Bad because most Liberals do not like Conservatives?
        Or are you just Stereotyping?

Are folks with tattoos bad?
        Do you stereotype Tattoo'ed folks?

Most United States Marines have a tattoo that says "Death before Dishonor".
        The United States Marines are a MIX of Folks!

Keep up with your Hatred for my America and our Melting Pot of Different Conservative Folks!

April 9, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
    • lisa2010

MAN, GET A LIFE AND MOVE ON, THE HATRED IN YOU IS SHOWING THROUGH YOUR SOUL... GOD FORGIVE YOU, AND HAPPY EASTER!!!! and happy easter to the obama's...

April 9, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
      • 1FreeWorld

Man, I hate when this happens!

I missed my opportunity to wish,,,
        all the Members of the Muslim Brotherhood, and
        Athiests and,
        OWS'ers,,
        Israelies and Iranians,,,,
        a Happy Easter....

To all the Members of the Brotherhood, Non-believers, Fellow Judeos and Infidels,,,

Happy belated Easter,,,

Especially, A BIG SHOUT OUT for EASTER BLESSINGS, to the 12th Imam!

I am in great hopes that PEOPLE
        will finally Open Their Eyes and
        get away from BIG GOVERNMENT Tyranny,,,

and get back to the LOVE OF MAN and Mankind!

God Bless IRAN, the 12th Imam, and the USA!

April 9, 2012 at 9:01 pm |
    • LivinginVA

My daughter, who looks like a fine Irish lass, loves hoodies.

April 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
    • jean2009

I haven't a clue as to what a grill is...but no, I don't have gold (yellow) colored teeth...at 77 years old 95% of my teeth are still my own and what few crowns I have are Cerec. Which means I see my dentist often enough to not unnecessarily be losing teeth.

Frankly I find your whole rant what is your usual racist and unkind M.O. toward anyone who isn't another member of your KKK racist trailer park rednecks.

April 9, 2012 at 9:02 pm |

Jean, Jean, Jean,,,,

Check out:

for a Liberal take on what Grills are,,,

At your age,,, you may want a grill,,,, But I suspect not,, as it may take away from your pretty Smile!

What I am finding is most DemocRATS,,,, err,, in your case,,, Democrats,,,
        do not know what is actually happening in the USA...

Current DemocRATS are not,,
        YOUR PARENTS Democrats!

Current Rats are Commies, etc.

I am very happy that you take good care of your teeth!
        Very important,,, as Heart Attacks and other diseases are related to Teeth Problems!

Do you want your Children and Grand-Children to live like
        those in North Korea, China, East Germany, or
        Detroit, Harlem, Watts in LA?

I hope all your Grand Children are Educated and are willing to work,,,
        and not SUCK off the Teat of the Tyrannical Government!

If they work, they will be paying a lot of THEIR EARNINGS
        as TAXES for folks that
        wear Grills, or are Lazy, or are Un-Educated, or are with Lots of Children without a Job,,,, ETC!

I want to thank your Children and Grand Children for my Retirement,,,,

I am just a little younger than you (wink).

April 9, 2012 at 9:32 pm |

Jean, Jean, Jean,,,

I am not KKK,,,

I am not New Black Panther Party,

I am not against anybody other than those that HATE!

If you continue to associate me with the KKK,,,

I will start to associate you with the NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY!

BLACK PANTHERS and KKKs are Extreamists,,,

Constitutional Conservatives

LOVE ALL PEOPLE that respect our
        Rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness,,,

as OUR INALIENABLE RIGHTS,,,

FROM GOD,,,

Our Creator.

Thank you God!

April 9, 2012 at 9:39 pm |

I hear the KKK wears Hoodies,,,,

Does the New Black Panther Party like Hoodies?

Does the White House's Occupyer's Pseudo-Son wear Hoodies?

BTW,,,, I am not in the KKK, nor am I a member of the New Black Panther Party, nor do live in a trailer park!

From now on,,, you are a Racist or a Race Baiter!

Quit accusing folks before you have the facts,,,,

ALL OF wHoussHinee Obumber's worshipers are RACISTS!

Just ask Jean2009, the BEFORE-THE-FACTS-ARE-KNOWN, Accuser-in-Chief

April 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm |
      • jean2009

1 Free amazing since all you seem to promote is hate and greed. Hate for anyone less fortunate and that is where we differ.
        No such thing as clean coal, you may want to call it clean but that is totally inaccurate.
        My children work, my grandchildren work...but then I find almost everyone given the opportunity will work.

April 10, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  7. mikle

He is bad president and bad lawyer.

April 8, 2012 at 9:44 pm |
    • Ben

I wonder what you will say about Reagan who made a deal to delay the release of American hostage from Iran for his political convenience. How about GWB, who lied to the nation to fight a war of convenience. Where does bad figure in when you consider over 100,000 Iraq's dead, and about 5.000 American life lost to republican war waged to enrich the war mongers within the republican party.
      If bad means saving the economy the republican party destroyed, then Obama is bad.
      If bad means killing Osama Bin Ladden, then Obama is bad.
      If bad means, keeping America safe, something the GOP could not do, then Obama is bad.
      If bad means doing away with pre-existing condition for children, thus allowing them to get the healthcare that they need, then Obama is bad.
      Certainly, if bad means standing up for women, and womens interest, then Obama is very bad.

April 9, 2012 at 12:29 am |
      • LTNN7890

Go Ben ............ i knew if i read enough of these remarks i would find someone on here makeing a sinceble remark .

April 9, 2012 at 12:37 am |
      • Nippy

Amen Ben, I could could not have said it better myself. The Republicans and their followers have nothing else to say, no scandal to follow, no controversy to expound on, just follow the talking points and hope everyone is paying attention to all the negative talk, and not the real problems we're facing in America...

April 9, 2012 at 10:17 am |
      • lisa2010

thank u "Gentle Ben", i wonder what's the republican's definition for 'GOOD'!!!!Seems to be kinda, backwards...if Romney becomes president, he'll be a PUPPET FOR THE TEA PARTY BOOMERS, WHERE'S THE FREEDOM THERE, WHERE YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICES....WHO WILL BACK UP THE MIDDLE AND LOW INCOME CLASS???? The rich will be richer and the poor will be poorer!!!! and our country will be opened up to every terroists know to all!!!

April 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
      • jean2009

Thank you Ben, you are right.

If bad means making it possible for more people to have health insurance coverage, then I thank the president for being bad.
        If bad means supporting fair and equal wages for women (Lilly Ledbetter), then I thank the president for being bad.
        If bad means wanting to pursue every alternative method and means to get us off foreign oil, then I thank the president for being bad.
        If bad means wanting to cut the bloat of tax-break welfare for the rich (oil and farm subsidies)...then I thank the president for being bad.
        If bad means allowing women the rights to make personal choices for their own bodies, then I thank the president for being bad.
        If bad means providing the support to bring down Gaddhafi, then I thank the president for being bad.
        If bad means helping save the automotive industry in this country, (an industry which provides hundreds of thousands of jobs) is bad, then I thank the president for being bad.

I guess the GOP-teapotty people truly do not know the meaning of bad...or their intentions for America are not based on knowing what is good.

April 9, 2012 at 8:25 pm |
      • 1FreeWorld

Yes, Let us get off our Dependancy on Foreign Oil!

God Bless you Jean2009!

DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!!! In the USA!

Yes, Right here in the USA!

In the Gulf Of Mexico, off the coasts of Texas, Luisiana, Alabama, and Florida,
        In Alaska, and
        Off the coast of Virgina, NC, SC, and Georgia,
        and within the USA on FEDERAL LANDS!!!!!

BRING JOBS BACK TO the USA and TO THE US Citizens!

Keep our Dollars in the USA and HELP us to Feed our Poor!

Let's stop shipping Coal to China and continue supplying our USA Generators with,,,,
        Drum Roll,,,
        COAL from the USA, and let us keep the American Jobs too, that go with it,,,,
        so that the POOR can
        AFFORD ENERGY TO HEAT and COOL THEIR HOMES and BUSINESSES!
        And drive their Cars with affordable, HOME-GROWN OIL!

You Go Girl!

DRILL BABY DRILL and Help Us get OFF of our Dependancy of FOREIGN OIL!

April 9, 2012 at 8:43 pm |
      • jean2009

I was thinking we should concentrate on going green since going green cuts pollution....wind turbines, solar, and wave technology....be environmentally friendly....GO GREEN!

April 9, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
      • jean2009

Besides there is no such thing as clean coal.

April 9, 2012 at 9:14 pm |

So,,,,

we are selling the Dirty Coal to China,,,

to burn Dirty Coal in China,,,,,

instead of using the USA High-Technological CLEAN BURNING COAL with-in the USA?

Maybe we can sell the Coal to North Korea and Russia also???

North Korea and Russia and China
        HAVE GREAT RULES that are stopping Dirty Coal Burning,,,,

While they save TONS of Money, INSTEAD OF THE POOR IN THE UNITED STATES!

DRILL BABY DRILL!

MINE BABY MINE!

Quit selling our Resources to CHINA, North Korea, RUSSIA, VENEZUELA, CUBA,,, etc,,,,

And help the Poor in the USA!

They need it,,,

I suspect the Poor in the USA would like to work in the Coal Mines and the Drilling Rigs so they can pay for
        Food, Heat, Cooling,,, and Transportation!

Can we get a replay of the CASH for CLUNKERS so we can keep Used Cars from the Poor in the USA????

ASK THEM,,, they like that they cannot pay for a used car,,,, JUST LIKE CUBA!

April 9, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
  8. LTNN7890

President Obama and his family are decent people ,he's been office for three years now , if he were dirty we would all know it by now , there are committee's of Republicans that hunt day and night for a slip up by our president , and when they cant find anything to go after him on they will make something up. Its terrible the way society has painted an ugly face on everything they dont agree with .

April 9, 2012 at 12:32 am |
    • jean2009

That is what really burns them up nothing...nada...zip...zilch...so all they do is whine about Easter egg hunts and race stuff...which makes them sound absolutely like the idiots they are.

April 9, 2012 at 8:35 pm |
  9. Ben

Happy easter to you Mr. President and your family. To every one out their, I say a happy easter to you all. I saw the president's weekly message, it was a great easter message to all Americans. I wonder what kind of easter message the GOP had for their weekly response to the president's message in this holyweek?

April 9, 2012 at 12:36 am |
  10. J.V.Hodgson

In this important christian time of year I am appalled to see the hate mails rolling around like the bad eggs they must be. celebrate this happy time of year and let your hate have a rest for a few days.
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

April 9, 2012 at 1:13 am |
  11. Carol Lucic

Happy Eater to our dear President and his family. All Jesus asks of us is to love one and other. That is all, pretty simple. I am glad you are our President , pretty simple. Lots of love to your family, Carol

April 9, 2012 at 2:30 am |
  12. Irma in North Carolina

All these haters on here need to go over to fox and do their commenting there, they would welcome you. Hope god has something in store for all these haters on here.

April 9, 2012 at 7:04 am |
    • Steveo

Where do you suggest the liberal haters go?

April 9, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
      • 1FreeWorld

The Liberals need to get to work!

Just watch:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJDudUpct0&w=640&h=360]

Where do Middle-of-the-Road Constitutional Conservatives go to learn how to do this!

Can we get the Universities to show Students how to Investigate and give them Credit?

April 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
  13. Guess What

phot op obama

April 9, 2012 at 7:10 am |
    • Norma Vessels

To Guess What ... our president did not ask the Press to take pictures of him and his family walking to church! They're always hanging around, looking for something to happen so they can snap a winning picture for their newspaper!! What's wrong with you.

April 9, 2012 at 8:39 am |
      • al

Oh, norma. The press pool just happened to all be gathered out on the north lawn of the White House on Easter morning. Just a coincidence, like all of the air molecules in the room rushing to one side, suffocating the people on the other side. Blind chance, that's what it was.

His press secretary told them where he was gonna be so they could get good publicity shots for the perpetual campaign.

April 9, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
      • jean2009

@al
        Do you mean like standing on the deck of a carrier with a sign that says "Mission Accomplished" when nothing had been done?
        Or like Bush going to church in Beijing?
        [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXsaUY1Sg1s&w=640&h=390]

April 9, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
  14. Nippy

Of all the hate that is out there in America, let me say this. This is one of the reasons Christ went to Calvary, (now I know some out there won't believe this, and some won't understand), to save a sin-sick world like ours. We need to stop all the hateful rhetoric and follow Jesus' example as he hung on the Cross...FATHER, FORGIVE THEM, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO...

April 9, 2012 at 10:27 am |
  15. DEcember 2012

To all you haters out there: Christ may forgive you but the Easter Bunny won't!

April 9, 2012 at 10:52 am |
    • al

Will Obama be buying his Volt in December, 2012, so he can get the tax credit in 2012 before he's unemployed in 2013?

April 9, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  16. Bill Ayers

Obama is merely the front man for the new world order. Our organization is gaining control over the entire world and you wont even know until it's too late. There is nothing that can stop us, you are all helpless........Muhuhahahahahaha

April 9, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
  17. george of the jungle

God bless America God Bless our President God bless the first family. Why would anyone in their right mind vote for a repo after reading all the comments posted here today. We don't want any of you in possions of power ruining our great country. Obama 2012

April 10, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • Steveo

First half of your post, we have agreement! I didn't vote for him but I do pray for him. That is what the Bible instructs Christians to do! As for the second half of your post, no agreement. You seem to forget that when Bush was in office blogs were filled with left wing hate! None of this is new, it is sad but not new! Sometimes politics is a mean spirited and vicious cycle! I don't excuse it but that is the truth!

April 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  18. Camerons Yuuhiv

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Opera. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Many thanks

August 9, 2012 at 5:54 am |