"Where The Wild Things Are"
U.S. President Barack Obama reads from the book "Where The Wild Things Are" with first lady Michelle Obama and his daughters Sasha and Malia during the White House Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn of the White House April 9, 2012
May 8th, 2012

"Where The Wild Things Are"

(CNN) - Maurice Sendak, author of the classic children's book "Where the Wild Things Are," has died, a spokeswoman for Harper Collins Publishers said Tuesday. He was 83.

The president and his family read the famous book to a group of kids at this year's Easter Egg Roll on the South Lawn.

Topics: Easter Egg Roll

« Previous entry
  1. John

RIP – you touched many people in a positive way.

May 8, 2012 at 11:53 am |
  2. Michael

He would choose a book with only 10 sentences!

May 8, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
  3. Kool-Aid Police

Obama happened to have read the book earlier and now that the author passes away you think it's news? Why don't you dig into the budget or report on something that affects all citizens? This is a 100% fluff piece.

May 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  4. John

CNN reports just enough...
    Have you ever noticed the headlines on the political page? Today it asks if Romney is a dork? More often than not it is pro left and anti-right (like it is today). I love it when people tell us how bias against BO CNN is...

May 8, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
  5. |Red head sex|Redhead getting fucked}

naturally like your web-site however you need to test the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the truth on the other hand I'll certainly come again again.

May 8, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  6. jerry

yes, interesting posting in the political section....Mr Sendak was a gay man, perhaps an effort to bring in a few gay voters to obama...I don't know. Much more to this man than his loose association to the obamas...kind of disgusting.

May 8, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
  7. Name*Liz Carter

You folk are the worst! Are you so hateful that you can't even appreciate the fact that the Obamas so happened to have read Sendaks book at the Easter Egg Roll?? Do you mean to tell us that you can't even accept the fact that even without knowing, it seemed to be a 'timely' selection?? A timely jesture?? Maurice Sendak was a great author and what I've read and heard a great American!! Are you jealous, evil SOBs so beligerent that you can't even give him his 'props', and Obama the forethoughtfulness for even reading it, without the knowledge?? What in the world is wrong with you kooks other than what I've always known, and you continue to deny!! You are some of the worst cases of Americans!! I really am ashamed of you!! People all over the world are reading your perpetual, denigrating crap!! @Jerry, so what?? Are you that homophobic to have to denounce the decedants lifestyle???; if it is true, it was his life; his choice!!! You claimed you are 'military'!! Would you have made that comment after the death of one of your buddies!! You folk are the worst!! Pathetic!!

May 8, 2012 at 11:41 pm |
    • John

Liz, I disagree with many of the comments here.
      I remember comments from you and other libs about Brightbart when he died. You libs can't have it both ways...

May 9, 2012 at 8:42 am |
      • Name*Liz Carter

@John, I didn't say a word that was negative about Breightbart when he died! However, Brietbart did a lot of harm to people with his nasty postings of lies! If any Libs did say anything about him, it couldn't have been anything other than something like, 'God doesn't like ugly'! Which is true!! Sendak was a great author, and I don't know of anyone he intentionally tried to hurt in his lifetime! He brought us happiness, love and brought us back to innocense and childhood pleasures. For you to try to make that comparison to Brietbarts death is ridiculous!! You are slipping John!! You need to give it up!! You act so childish sometimes!! As far as us having it both ways, when does that ever happen? The cons won't let us have it just one way!! It's NO WAY but the HIGHWAY, if it's not their WAY!! And that's been with EVERYTHING!!

May 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  8. magnetic water conditioner

I don't even know how I finished up right here, however I thought this submit was good. I don't recognize who you are but certainly you are going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren't already. Cheers!

May 9, 2012 at 12:29 am |
  9. llhtnbşklhyktr, iyinet 2012, seo yarışması

I'm extremely inspired together with your writing abilities and also with the structure in your weblog. Is that this a paid subject matter or did you modify it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it's uncommon to see a great blog like this one these days..

May 9, 2012 at 6:56 am |
  10. greg

Nice story followed by a bunch of baboons.

May 9, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • John

You do realize you just posted here...

May 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
  11. mulberry uk

Fantastic points altogether, you just received a new reader. What would you suggest about your put up that you simply made a few days ago? Any positive?

May 9, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  12. transmission fluid change

I will immediately grab your rss feed as I can't in finding your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me know in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

May 11, 2012 at 8:56 pm |