Obama and Bill Clinton together again but on the same page?
President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton at a campaign fundraiser in New York City Monday. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
June 5th, 2012

Obama and Bill Clinton together again but on the same page?

Appearing together at three high dollar, star-studded fundraisers in New York City Monday evening, President Barack Obama and former President Bill Clinton raised millions for Obama's campaign. They're on the same team but are they always reading from the same playbook? CNN White House correspondent Brianna Keilar has more on the curious relationship.

1. WEEZIE

I have always admired and respected President Clinton, but it seems as though he's stabbing President Obama in the back. I hope not because if it is so, I will lose all respect and admirastion for this man.

June 5, 2012 at 9:53 am |
    • Carole M

Bill Clinton is going by the rules of the 'Presidents Club' (great read btw) so I know what he is really up to. With no business backround of his own he was correct in complimenting Mr. Romney on his business career, but being of "the other party" he must now say that Romney's fiscal ideas are wrong even if he does not believe that in private.

June 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • Ron in California

I wonder does Monica admire him like you do?

June 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
      • Jay in NC

Maybe Bill gave O a box of cigars.

June 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  2. John

When I think of Clinton I think of Monica. He is not someone I could respect or admire.

June 5, 2012 at 11:31 am |
    • Name*Liz Carter

Monica?? Is that all you think about when you think of Clinton?? I'm sure even Hillary doesn't think about that fluzzey anymore! Why should it linger on your mind?? Are you guilty of the same act?? Pointing fingers usually tells the story!!

June 5, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
      • Ron in California

The Monica episode defined his presidency in the minds of many. Clinton did though govern from the center which made him much more effective than President Obama.

June 5, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
    • RealityBites

When I think of Clinton, I think of the blantant lies.he told while wagging his finger.
      Carter, Clinton and now Obama. LMAO!!

June 5, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
      • jean2009

When I think of George W. Bush, I think of him lying about WMD to wage an unnecessary war that cost 4,189 U.S. troops to lose their lives, and cost the American taxpayer $274 billion from 2003 to 2008. A war wages so war profiteering for the 1% could be achieved.

June 5, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
    • MarkGlicker

They are sort of embedded in the memory.

June 6, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  3. Boomer in Mo

I don't want them to be in lock step. That is what is wrong with politics today, especially the GOP. They are not allowed to think for themselves. When our Republican congressman comes home, and always when he is at public events, a "handler" is with him, obviously making sure he does not have an independent thought. Scary and dangerous for the nation.

June 5, 2012 at 11:56 am |
    • Name*Liz Carter

Well that is something to consider Boomer in Mo. Political views should vary on issues since they are individuals and are from different backgrounds and life experiences, but not to the detriment of the bigger scheme of things. My real problem is the probability of an ongoing possibility and potential of two-faced backstabbing and undermining that Clinton may be waging against the President. I don't trust him to have his back; not totally anyway. Clinton is a smooth talker and can drop subtle salt on him anytime he feels like it! It takes a trained ear sometimes to pick it up, but I have heard him do it! He and Hillary, who I believe would make a pretty good President in 2016, still have bruised feelings that he beat them last time, and they don't really like him. They don't fool me one bit.

June 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm |
      • Steveo

So you think:
        The Clintons can't be trusted
        The Clintons have bruised feelings
        The Clintons don't like the President
        Clinton is undermining the President
        The Clintons don't fool you

BUT Hiliary will make a good President in 2016?? You mean the same Hilary that you can't trust TODAY, has bruised feelings TODAY, doesn't fool you TODAY, and does not like the president TODAY will suddenly be trustworty to you in 2016? Really?

June 6, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
    • Ron in California

Yeah I know that to be true. Did you know that during the first week of a new Republican Congressman or Senator they are sent off to a reeducation camp. This is when they are brainwashed into the party line. They are subject to water boarding to make sure they toe the party line. Thanks for pointing this out I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I have more to say but I have to change my location before they come for me. Keep up the fight...don't forget to wear your foil hat

June 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
  4. Name*Liz Carter

Ok Ron in California,...LOL! I certainly won't forget to cover my head with a helmet or something 'cause that's what they want; to rent space in my head and I ain't having it!! RethugliKKKlans are good at buying space or renting space in the heads of a democratic society. In order to kill a 'mindset', you have to kill the head!! We live in a Democracy, not a Republic. As far as your remark that Clinton governed from the middle, Carter did too!! They just didn't like him because he was from the SOUTH. So therefore, anything he decided was considered backwards. Barack Obama has tried his best to reach across party-lines; he's reached across the isle on so many issues; it's just that there was no one on the other side willing to meet him in the middle!! Their message to him on everything is 'NO'!! Obama has been bashed so much for trying to work 'from the middle', he has angered much of his own base!! So what do you mean Clinton made a better President??

June 5, 2012 at 6:18 pm |
    • Steveo

@liz,

We live in a Democracy, not a Republic
      ---------------
      What?? Consider these words:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The United States is a REPUBLIC! Look it up

June 6, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
  5. Name*Liz Carter

See folks, I told you Clinton was going to undermine President Obama somehow!! He stood up there and said he thought the Bush Tax cuts should remain in place!! What else is he going to go against him on Healthcare, Medicare, Pensions, and Social Security?? They're already trying to cut out 'food stamps' to the needy!! Shutting down schools and firing teachers!!

June 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
  6. WIMPY38

Why does CNN ALWAYS delete my post when I critisize the Clintons?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 5, 2012 at 8:21 pm |
  7. Elizabeth

Maybe, that book, "Amateur" was right....

June 5, 2012 at 8:33 pm |
  8. dumvivamusvavamus

Maybe, that book, "Amateur" was right.... Perhaps should give that book a closer reading....

June 5, 2012 at 8:36 pm |