Local interviews for the president today
June 11th, 2012

Local interviews for the president today

We, the national press corps won't see the president today but many of the television watching public will. As this administration has done before, they have invited local TV stations from around the country to spend a day at the White House. The day includes a tour of the White House, a tour of the kitchen garden and interviews with hometown administration officials. But the real draw is a sitdown interview with President Obama.

The local markets that snagged an in iterview are Roanoke, Virginia, Jacksonville, Florida, Greenville, South Carolina, Sioux City, Iowa, Green Bay, Wisconsin, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Reno, Nevada, and Fresno, California.

Full schedule after the jump

9:30AM In-Town Pool Call Time

9:30AM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT receive the Presidential Daily Briefing. Oval Office

10:50AM THE PRESIDENT participates in interviews with local TV anchors from across the country. Cabinet Room

12:30PM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT meet for lunc. Private Dining Room

4:00PM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT meet with Treasury Secretary Geithner.Oval Office

4:30PM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT meet with Secretary of Defense Panetta. Oval Office

Briefing Schedule
1:15PM Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney

1. Severely Moderate

So when will they Rmoney talk to the press?
    Of course, his handlers will not allow him speak his mind since he has no agenda except criticism.

June 11, 2012 at 9:20 am |
    • John

He had an interview with Time (Mark Halperin) on May 23. I assume the dem talking points are a little behind. The press openly wants Obama. If I were advising Romney I would tell him not to meet with any of them.

June 11, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  2. RealityBites

Perhaps Emily would enlighten us as to which questions did not make it through the W.H.sensorship?

June 11, 2012 at 11:06 am |
  3. judy

Good question when will we see mitt on talk shows other than fox? The money pacs backing him are keeping close tabs so he won't go off script. The man has no balls of his own or ideas either. AS governor he stunk and as far as the olympics. Give us a break , He went and borrowed money from the government to get them out of debt. Remember thats the government that he calls to big and wants to cut. I guess less police firemen and teachers is not as important as having the olympics in utah. Gee wonder why? Obama 2012 Foeward.

June 11, 2012 at 11:18 am |
    • John

may 23rd with Time.
      You are wrong, he did not borrow money. It was given to the Olympics as it is evey Olympic year. BTW, Police andFire Fighters were exempt from the WI laws. They were a small % of the overall union workers. There are more pencil pushers in the unions than anything else. Those dems talking points i.e. police, firefighters, sick children, the elderly, etc.. are laughed at by people who are paying attention. Given the elections in WI, I would say more and more people are paying attention...

June 11, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
    • Kool-Aid Police

Splash some cold water on your face and take out the smelling salts judy. Reality can be a fun place if you ever care to join the rest of us.

June 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
    • jerry

ignorant fool.

June 11, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
    • jean2009

@ John It was a $1.3 billion pork-barrel, earmark, bailout to corporate welfare...since no Olympics have ever turned a profit....Thank the American taxpayer for bailing out Mr. Romney's behind....and he has the nerve to whine about GM....Hey Mitt where are all those permanent jobs you created in Salt Lake? Didn't they go bye bye like all those jobs you shipped overseas. Even Ron Paul got that one right.

June 11, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  4. jerry

Mitt Romney will talk to the press when he wishes...obama has had about three real press interviews in the past four years...never a real hard face to face question and answer session....funny how you left wing nuts are on Romney about this when you support the biggest empty suit ever to sit in the While House. We can't pick up a news paper or turn on the TV without seeing this obama baffoon in controlled media exercise and you want more of it from Mr Romney...funny. How about some substance and honesty for a change...a fresh breath of air for a change...NOBAMA 2012!

June 11, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
    • jean2009

@ Jerry the Real Buffoon....
      Really here is a partial list...
      Obama-Biden 2012-FORWARD!

June 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  5. jean2009

ABC News President Obama press interview 5.9.2012
    White House Press Conference on the economy 6.8.2012
    ABC News President Obama press interview 1.26.2012
    CBS News press interview 12.11.2011
    White House Press Conference 4.29.2009
    PBS News Hour 4.29.2009 First 100 Days.
    NATO press conference 5.21.2012
    Jimmy Fallon show-4.25.2012
    Discusses Climate Change with Rolling Stone 4.26.2012
    PBS News Hour 7.22.2011
    CBS 60 Minutes...11.7.2010
    CBS Katie Couric Interview 2.7.2010
    ABC-Diane Sawyer Interview 1.25.2010
    Fox News Interview 11.18.2009

And those are just a few of the many interviews.

June 11, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
    • Osama

Bill, I strongly digrsaee. Even though I absolutely hate the Clintons I'd vote for Hilary in a second because she's extremely knowlegable and more importantly pragmatic. So she wouldn't do anything extreme. Obama I'm convinced would. Both Obama and McCain remind me of Bush in that. Likewise while I don't like Romney much I think he'd have been a great pick for President although I'd probably have picked Clinton above him for reasons I'll not go into here.The point being I'm not at all convinced the best choice of what was available was made in either primary. I will say though that something both parties face is that good people aren't running. And I think the press is responsible for a lot of that.While it is true that many of the last few years have been lesser of two evils with the choice often being hard (Bush/Kery; Bush/Gore; Clinton/Dole) it hasn't always been that way. I think Reagan was an exciting candidate and that was in my lifetime. I think Bush I was as well. And I think that the Bush I / Clinton election was a pretty exciting and compelling election more or less screwed up by an insane Texas billionaire. (Please, please can we get instant runoff voting so that these 3rd party candidates don't throw the race)

September 7, 2012 at 7:12 pm |