Obama loses business voice with Bryson departure
June 21st, 2012

Obama loses business voice with Bryson departure

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) - John Bryson resigned his post as Commerce Secretary on Thursday, less than two weeks after an episode involving a seizure and a series of traffic accidents.

Bryson, a former energy industry CEO, had served in the position since October, and his departure leaves the Obama administration with one fewer private-sector luminary.

Bryson brought significant business experience to the Commerce Department, having served as CEO and chairman of the parent company of Southern California Edison for almost 20 years.

Bryson retired from Edison in 2008, and was working as a senior adviser at private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co at the time of his nomination.

Bryson's selection was widely viewed as an example of the Obama administration's efforts to improve its occasionally rocky relationship with the business community.

FULL POST

Topics: Commerce • President Obama

1. John

I am aganst what this administration is doing to this country at this point, but tis is beyond politics.
    Good luck to you Mr. Bryson. I hope your health issues are resolved.

June 21, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
  2. Frank Marshall Davis

As if Obama cared what the business world thought anyway?

June 21, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
    • DEcember 2012

SURE, THE NEXT TIME THEY ASK FOR A BAIL OUT THEY BETTER HOPE OBAMA CARES.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

June 21, 2012 at 8:39 pm |
      • 2020

SICK, SICK, SICK.

June 21, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
      • Fanta

– Your playroom is abdoarle! I have been looking for some way to organize toys and have been shocked at how expensive some of the toy sorter furniture can be. I was planning on heading to Ikea tomorrow to check out children's tables and chairs, but I may be picking up a few of these Expedit shelves as well. Did you attach them to the wall? My son climbs up everything so we may have to do that.

August 1, 2012 at 10:42 pm |
    • Semra

Kathryn Wood – I love this room, Jessica! I almost did an aialprne room for Henry after getting inspired by Pottery Barn's aialprne room. Is Bryson really into aialprnes? My dad is a pilot and has a little 2-seater plane over at the Greenwood Airport. If Bryson is interested I know he'd love to take you guys over to the airport so Bryson can see a real plane and sit in it (probably too young to go up for a flight!) when the weather gets nicer. My dad is retired and he loves to take all the neighborhood kids to see the plane! Hope Bryson enjoys his new room!

August 2, 2012 at 1:12 am |
  3. 2020

Thank you for our service Secretary Bryson. Your health is much more important to you, to your family. Take good care, and we pray for your recovery. Thank you.

June 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm |