August 3rd, 2012
07:57 AM ET
The president is in the White House all day but that doesn't mean he won't he talking about one of his favorite campaign issues..taxes. According to a White House release, President Obama will be joined in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building by middle class families who will be "affected if Republicans in Congress continue to hold their tax cuts hostage by insisting on massive tax cuts for the very wealthiest individuals." The President will once again call on Congress extend the "Bush-era" tax cuts for 98 percent of Americans and not to extend the tax cuts for the other 2 percent who make over $250,000 dollars a year.
No briefing scheduled for today.
10:00AM In-Town Pool Call Time
10:30AM THE PRESIDENT and THE VICE PRESIDENT receive the Presidential Daily Briefing. Oval Office
11:00AM THE PRESIDENT meets with senior advisors. Oval Office
11:45AM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks on the need for Congress to act to ensure that taxes don’t go up on 98 percent of Americans at the beginning of next year. Eisenhower Executive Office Building, South Court Auditorium
From around the web