(CNN) – President Barack Obama's campaign agreed Wednesday to allow the Des Moines Register in Iowa to publish an interview with the president that was previously established as off-the-record.
A transcript of the interview was posted the morning after the newspaper's editor wrote in a blistering blog post Tuesday that representatives for Obama refused an on-the-record conversation with the newspaper's editorial board, which is preparing to endorse a candidate for president in the coming days.
I have voted Demoratic most of my adult life., however I am going to vote Republican next week. The reason I am doing this is because CNN.Com is so disgustingly pro left. It seems they are on the Obama payroll. I believe that Obama is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people. His assertions of trust and transparency is a joke. We know nothing about Obama because he envokes Exective Privlege as to his personal records and bypasses the Congress and Senate for programs such as Obamacare, czars etc.
People will use the stupidist reasons to vote against a party political. Proff is certainly in this comment. It makes absolutely no sense so I am wondering if a Republican in disquise wrote this. Either party member would be happy to hear a major website is biased in it's favor.BTW they all are already in case you aren't aware....lol....what a joke u r.
Obama gets to "approve" an off the record interview? Did Romney get to "approve" his 47% off the cuff comment? CNN – Where is the Obama Bengahzi cover up article? Deleting it doesn't make it NOT have happened!
Wolf Blitzer and Cnn news anchor both agree "there is a lot of good stuff in this interview with Obama" like it is up to them to decide. Please, report news and let the viewer decide.
More promises which he already promised the first time that he could have done easily in the first term. We all know once he gets the votes he won't do a thing.
LOL...But you want to vote for a guy who wont tell you anything. Romney doesn't have a plan. Not even a 5 point plan...lol And when he's asked what his plan is, he just agrees with President Obama...lol He want us to take his word for it. We all know he's Bush 2.0 & America won't fall for it again.
Obama 2012 folks!
It's better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around. Obama gave such lofty promises and kept very very few of them.
Thank you, obama 2012
Well in his first term he assumed congress wasn't going to make it their number one issue to make him a one term president. That sort of puts a damper on any laws you wish to pass, laws and budgets are made in congress not by the president. He enforces.
cmon now! You know our country was in extremely bad shape and all kinda crap kept happening to us. Obama didn't make any of it happen. If you were president you would not have done any better with what Oama was facing. People on the other side of the aisle who stubbornly fough everything he did.the best thing we ccan do for future presidents is cut the crap and quit looking for instant fixes.
DID OBAMA INHERIT A MESS? Updated 10/25/12
WHAT OBAMA INHERITED……………...WHAT WE HAVE NOW
AAA Credit Rating…………………………AA- Credit Rating
7.8% Unemployment…………………......7.8% Unemployment?????
$1.84 Gas/Gallon………………………….$3.84 Gas/Gallon
10 Trillion Debt……………………………..16+ Trillion $ Debt
2 Wars……………………………………. ..2 Wars
26 Weeks of unemployment…………......99 Weeks of unemployment
Annual Budget……………………………...NO ANNUAL BUDGET!
RELIGIOUS FREEDOM…………………...NO RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
RESPECT AROUND THE WORLD..........NO RESPECT!
A FRIEND IN EGYPT................................MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD
Avg. Time on Unemployment,19 Weeks..........Now 42 Weeks
Gross Debt. 72%....................................GDP. 106%
Median Income $55,000……………………$50,000
26 Million On food stamps…………………47 Million On food stamps
NO COVERUP...........................................BENGHAZI COVERUP!
FACTS DON’T LIE…………………………OBAMA DOES !!!
Retard alert... Run along mindless Faux Zombie, go turn on Rush for your news.
your a fool
All..or mostly numbers that doesn't take into account what he inherited. Of course, in your world whatever happened on day 1 was all his fault..including an economy that was collapsing for the next 6-8 months
You look at #s easy election for Romney
Kool-aid-police, if you don't like getting along with everyone and helping your fellow man go away. This country doesn't need moronic asinine people like yourself!
Obama is very sly and deceptive. And the news story about the emails from Benghazi should be on the landing page as top news all day long. Our national security was breached by this administration – and our dignitaries murdured. Obama's behavior during that week, and up to now, is disgraceful! Going to Las Vegas campaigning, going on entertainment shows, not addressing our nation. He is not worthy to be president or Commander-in-Chief of our great nation.
Romney's no saint himself so what's your point? Romney looked very uncomfortable the other night talking foreign policy (sweating and turning red) so am I to believe that he would have handled anything any differently?
Romney is a dignified man who will have our nation's security as his number one priority. Obama was in Las Vegas the night our ambassador was tortured and murdered, and continually lied to the American people. This is outrageous! And speaking of the debate, the look on Obama's face was of disdain and hatred. It's the same face we have seen all over our televisions as he's screaming into microphones at podiums for the last four years. The dignity of the office of the president needs to return – through Romney.
You seem very clouded with what you are saying. And you really don't make sense. Sly and deceptive really?? You don't deserve to vote in my opinion. Facts, Check your facts and stop spitting lies. You and Romney are a match made in hell.
Donald Trump says he'll donate $5 million to the charity of Obama's choice if Obama will just release his college transcripts and passport applications. Seems like an easy $5mill to me. Anyone think Obama will do it?
Trumps bet is a ploy. He knows taht the process is not an over nighter so as soon as the President says yes then the clock starts ticking. Try again small businessman
OH REALLY? WHY NOT 5 MILLION TO CHARITY AND TO THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN WITH FULL ENDORSEMENT? IT IS PUT UP OR SHUT UP TIME FOR TRUMP. FORTUNATELY FOR HIM, NOBODY REALLY CARES.
ohhh...somebody cares when the President of the free world lies...belive me!
LIES ACCORDING TO DONALD TRUMP? LET ME CLARIFY. NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CARES.
It would be best to put that money into creating jobs. He is rich right? A job creator huh? How about he trickel that 5 mili on down to the 47% Romney & the GOP doesn't care for...lol (LOSERS)
Obama could always donate it to Planned Parenthood, Communist Party USA or one of his other favorite charities.
Obama doesn't care much about charity – so, no.
Come on people, Don Trump is as real as that hair piece. What about President Obama says that he lacks intelligence (nothing). All of you Bush2012(oops) I mean Romney 2012 supporters who have you heads in the clouds, need to get real. President Obama doesn't have to do anything but continue the great job that he is doing. He is for the people of this great nation and that's all that matters.
amazing the following hasn't made the clinton news network. obama knew. -" Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show.
The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks.
The brief emails also show how U.S. diplomats described the attack, even as it was still under way, to Washington."
again, obama proves to be a big fat liar.
Idiots! The President has information you and the media don't have. Do you think ANY US citizen...President or not would Not do what needed to be done?
Mean while his party just introduced a bill that could hide his presidential records if passed.....Hows that for transparency?
This narrcicist really believed he can control this media...he is soooo full of himself. Problem is, everything he has touched is falling appart, like many of us knew it would. Radical community organizers are good at creating emotion and division...and way out of their league when it comes to actually leading and real accomplishment. The obama experiement is over...Thank God!
Obama, Are you hiding something (Obviously is) or do you not like giving free money to charities.
Hussein Obama's plan, 4 more years of blame and no budget.
Why is Obama so heartless as to not give $5 Million to charity? What is Obama hiding?
Guilford Co. voters say ballot cast for Romney came up Obama on machine.
This a headline on one site. The dems are starting to cheat already.
Huusein Obama, why are you denying charities $5 million?? Why are you so heartless?
The Des Moines Register has become nothing other than a right wing rag since David Yepsen left. They allow Romney hit pieces as letters to the editor, written by Romney employees. The other day there was a letter that called Dallas Center-Grimes high school cafeteria food tasteless and disgusting. This letter was written by a lady who work in Romney's Waukee office. The intent was to bash Tom Vilsack and Michelle Obama. She pretended to know the lunch ladies there and how they hate the new federal regs for schools. In fact, nothing could be farther from the truth. I know, my wife is the district chef. They do a fabulous job and all of the people who work for her are very proud of the job they do. They do not appreciate Mitt Romney's campaign using them and denigrating the hard work they do.
Sounds like you've had your fill of kool-aid today.
Does anyone else think this whole "off the record" chain of events was planned by the Obama campaign? Everything he said in the interview is agreeable to independent voters. When people think that Obama thought his comments would never be made public, he must have been really telling it like it is, so now he seems like a guy who really wants to get things accomplished. I think the Obama campaign planned the whole thing. Every news outlet is carrying the story, and I think that's just what his campaign strategists hoped would happen.
Stu, where are you from. No way is the Des Moines Register conservative, at least not it's polls.
THIS CLEARLY SHOWS WHY YOU ARE A REPUBLITARD.
POLLS SHOULD NOT BE CONSERVATIVE, LIBERAL, OR EXTRATERRESTRIAL. THEY ARE JUST POLLS.
Polls are NOT just polls. Whether we want to admit it, we are. And yes I am a Republican, and proud of it. I wouldn't become a Democrat for all of Obama's deficit money.
NOBODY WANTS YOU TO BE ANYTHING. NOBODY WOULD WANT YOU TOO BECAUSE OF YOUR UTTER STUPIDITY.
IF YOU THINK THESE POLLS ARE PARTISAN, THEN THE POLLS HAVE LOST THEIR MEANING. IT'S LIKE SAYING FOX NEWS POLLS WERE LIBERAL BECAUSE THEY SHOWED OBAMA IN THE LEAD FOR 2 WEEKS! YOU CANNOT BE MORE RIDICULOUS.
I mean they are, not we are. We are nothing except people, other than that, nothing incommon... By the way, do you think Chris Matthews is bipartisan too?
TO ANSWER YOUR ONE COHERENT QUESTION, CHRIS MATTHEWS IS A FLAMING LIBERAL AND A PRETTY OBNOXIOUS ONE AT THAT.
Our people in Libya were killed 7 long hours after the attack...and we know they were despirately asking for help, where was it? Where was obama? We also know before help could be sent there obama had to order it? Where was the help? Impeach obama, clinton, and the sec of defense...NOW!
This is old hat for clinton...remember the Rose Law firm? The missing records that mysteriously turned up in the white house...many of which were missing? This was after Vince Foster, the white house council (known to be one of the leading attorneys in the country) killed himself rather than continue the coverup and defense of his old friend hillray clinton....old hat! She was faced with a number of federal charges..fraud, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice among them... old hat indeed! Same old clinton same old game.
I’m seriously leaning toward Romney, except for these few nagging doubts, can some of you help with them. I’ve listed them below:
• His parents were on welfare, doesn’t that make them part of the 47% of Americans that are dependent on the government? You know those people who are perpetually on the dole?
• I’m very confused on the Massachusetts’s health care vs. the Obama care. First Romney touted it as a model for the US and now he claims it’s not. No wonder I’m confused. Of course the Obama plan addresses health care for your kids just out of college and for those with pre-existing conditions and stops that bankruptcy thing for serious illness.
• If we can’t afford health care for our people, why is Congress getting those super plans for free? I don’t think I’m the only one who thinks their incompetent so why do they deserve these perks?
• Come to think of it, I was on the board of a small non-profit nursing home. After our residents ran out of their assets and Medicare, we kept them in our facility with their meager Medicaid allowances. So since so many thousands of people in their last days will be tossed out on the street under Romney’s plan, can they move into his place?
• While I’m on the health system, I am curious about Medicaid in Massachusetts. While podiatry services are no longer paid for, too bad you diabetics, they do still pay for a front tooth (forget the rest, Pablum anyone?)replacement for job seekers. This is one of the better states, so in light of this, why would anyone be pushing for state control of health care?
• I’m still troubled about the 13.9% income tax paid by Romney in his only released tax return. And he wants the gross tax dropped another 20%, so what does that mean to the final net income tax paid, 0%?
• Romney’s Dad was proud to release 12 years of income tax returns while running for president. So why doesn’t Mitt do the same? I’ve been trying to hold my nose and ignore it, but that stench is pretty bad.
• Some people may be happy Romney has so much in those off shore accounts of his, I’m sure the Cayman islanders appreciate it. So how does that help us Americans?
• With Bain Capital, isn’t a big chunk of their money offshore as well? Yeah I know Mitt doesn’t run the day-to-day operations. So why should I believe he has no influence with the management?
• One thing I really like about Mitt is his 401K, while I thought I was doing pretty well with mine, there’s no way I could come even close to the $121M he is thought to have. Can we all have insider trading information or is that just for a select few?
• I’m confused about all these government giveaways. I hear what Mitt says now and how proud he is of his Utah Olympics, but why did us tax payers have to bail him out to the tune of 2.7 billion dollars. How much did each of us tax payers pay? Nobody even sent me a ticket to thank me, did you get a ticket?
• I also have a few qualms about the Pro-Life stance. So if we can’t afford national health and are tossing it back to the insurance companies and the continuous higher rates, less service mantra and the max limit that we can so easily hit, isn’t that tantamount to pro misery and death. Oh yeah and bankruptcy along the way? And for the children, with cutbacks to healthcare and education isn’t that the same kind of thing. I’d feel more comfortable if Mitt pushes simply pro-birth. It would be a lot more accurate.
• I’m also a bit perplexed about the Social Security / Medicare reform. Now Paul Ryan has been in Congress since 1996. It wasn’t a secret that we needed reform, it was just Congress and Ryan ignored it. To put it bluntly YOU GUYS SPENT THE MONEY! These funds were a piggybank to all sorts of stupid things. Now the idea is a voucher system for those 55 and under. SO isn’t this one of those “Hey guys, here’s your $1.98, good luck with health care!” And then the over 55 crowd will have all of those other happy voters screaming “Cut those old F*rts off!” So how it this helpful for us voters?
• And I’m still pissed off that all of those bankers and Wall Street types, and even those investment companies put us into this depression and were never prosecuted. So how is removing any those regulations put in to protect from it happening again going to be good for the country?
• By the way with those foreign trip faux pas, explain again how Mitt is going to lead the world?
• Unfortunately my Dad died before I was two and left us with no money. I never realized everyone else who had a Dad could expect their Dads to give them money to start a business. Is this really true or is this one of those silver spooned guys who is clueless about the rest of us?
• And won’t it be hard to tell China, “You need to be fairer to America”. Is our threat going to be “Or else we’ll take some of the tax incentives away from some off-shoring companies, but not Bain. So what can you do to make my, uh, Bain’s bottom line better? ”.
• If US Corporations are so over taxed why is GE paying nothing in income taxes? Well, a new year is coming, maybe this year.
• So if elected president how will Mitt handle the muting of Pakistan’s Taliban criticism? “Well in our country I endorsed Republican U.S. Senate candidate, Richard Mourdock, who leaves pregnancy from rape, is ordained by God. Hey he’s a good man. I’ll tell you what I won’t complain about your Taliban and don’t you say anything about my American Taliban. Do you have any good deals on Burkas? I’ll put you in contact with Bain Investments.”
• While breaking the financial back of this country, former Vice-President Dick Cheney famously said, "Deficits don't matter." So after being one of the chief architects of our depression, so why did he host a Romney fundraiser?
• And those pesky autoworkers, suppliers and all those other businesses and workers helped by the bailout. I do agree with Mitt on this, who cares about them. What kind of return on investment are we talking about anyhow?
Does anyone have some sensible answers?
Some research....Obama's REAL record.