Welcome Home First Family
January 4th, 2011

Welcome Home First Family

WHITE HOUSE (CNN)- Vacation is officially over for the First Family. They returned home from their two-week trip to Hawaii and it's clearly a little bit chillier in DC than in Kailua!

Topics: President Obama • The Family • White House

1. LIZ CARTER in GEORGIA

Dearest Mr President, Beautiful First Lady Obama & Daughters: I truly hope you had a wonderful, restful, meditative, loving CHRISTMAS vacation. You certainly did need and deserve it! I HOPE IT GAVE YOU SOME PRIVACY, SOLACE AND PEACE! If you're like I was when I worked, going back to work was one of the hardest things to do; dreading what I was going back to! Oftentimes, dreading what and who I had to face when I got back! Nothing changed while I was gone, but at least, I was charged up enough to GO BACK IN!

January 4, 2011 at 5:57 pm |
    • Jay in NC

For the past week you have been insisting that Barry worked during his vacation. Now you say he is 'going back to work.' Please make up your mind.

January 4, 2011 at 7:07 pm |
  2. sara

Welcome back, Mr. President and first family

January 4, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
  3. Jay in NC

To The First Date, please do not spend so much of our money on your personal pleasures. $120,000 is an excessive amount to fly your dog Bo to Hawaii.

January 4, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
    • Bernard

120 000 $ waouww !!!! sounds like a Palin's shopping spree in Canada.

January 5, 2011 at 10:40 am |
      • Howard

SARAH PALIN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012 !!!

January 10, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
    • vicki

Right on Jay you are realistic......keep up the good e-mail

January 5, 2011 at 1:31 pm |
    • damien

Why don't you be for real and stop lying on the president. I bet you didn't complain when the previous president took those long vacations of his (and so often) and I bet you didn't complain when he lied to get us in Iraq either and when he said the war would pay for itself but didn't.

January 5, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
      • Jay in NC

Do a little research and you will see that The First Date did fly on a different trip, at the cost to us taxpayers of $6,000 per hour. AF1 was just no good for her and dog Bo.

January 9, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
  4. Oh, geeze!!

Liz Carter in Georgia - you're comments are absolutely gagging. Puke!

January 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm |
  5. Liz Carter in Georgia

Here we go again, right? Yes, I said that he was working while on vacation; and yes, I may have been insistant when I said it, because I was fed up with everybody screaming at him, to 'get his butt back to work'! Here he was, on a CHRISTMAS break or vacation, like every other president has been, and he keeps being disrepected like this from you haters! I don't have to make up my mind; it's already made up! He worked on vacation; CNNs Ed Henry told you that, and now he's 'gone back to work'! THAT TOO HARD?

January 4, 2011 at 10:42 pm |
    • vicki

How do you know if he worked on his vacation? Were you there holding the candle? I doubt, you are so ignorant is not even funny responding to your stupid e-mail. Think of all us Americans that dont have a job.......we dont go to Hawaii to celebrate our Xmas...think again.

January 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
    • Jay in NC

I have searched and can not find where anyone said 'get his butt back to work'. You were the one that said that this president works harder than any president. That he was even working during his vacation. I am only asking you to clarify your claims. If he is working OK, if not then why welcome him back to work? You have made a lot of claims like that the First Date will pay any expense for her dog Bo. I can not find any record or announcement that they are paying the money back. Again it is Barry's defenders that are making claims that I am just asking for proof.

January 6, 2011 at 9:09 pm |
  6. Rosie

Perhaps Michelle should consider consulting a stylist. The sight of her stepping off air force one in her stained white leggings encasing her enormous thighs was kind of disgusting for a First Lady.

January 5, 2011 at 7:54 am |
  7. justin

Michelle came off the plane in skin tight pants with stuff spilled down her leg, she is NO Jackie O

January 5, 2011 at 9:07 am |
    • deb0155

You are so right on about that ! Michele Obama is nothing but a "Jackie want a be.!!

January 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
  8. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay in NC; As I said before, you are petty! Do I have to 'clarify' or re-clarify my claim to you, anymore than I already have? I guess that was too hard! I said that the president did work while on his vacation, (in the hotel or rental house in HAWAII) and NOW, he has gone back to work, (in his office, the WEST WING in WASHINGTON, DC) Normally, most people who are 'on work call' or on a working vacation tend to reference 'going back to work', as going back into the office or workplace! DO YOU GET IT NOW?

January 6, 2011 at 11:21 pm |
  9. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay in NC; I did NOT claim that THE FIRST LADY WILL pay the for THEIR dog, BO's charges and expenses! Since it seemed to be such a major concern to you, after all of the money that's been stolen; sent here and yonder for the past 10 years; I said I BELIEVED that the OBAMAS would be personally responsible for all of the dogs shot and traveling charges, especially since THEY chose to take him to HAWAII. As far as the proof you need from 'Barry's defenders', just keep looking up, more will be revealed!

January 7, 2011 at 12:15 am |
  10. Liz Carter in Georgia

Oh yes, Jay; you didn't go back far enough in your research! You WILL find that quote 'get your butt back to work' from another hating, vendictive blogger, somewhere around the Dec 23-26, whenever, PRESIDENT OBAMA finally got to leave. If I remember correctly, it was a woman.

January 7, 2011 at 12:32 am |
  11. Carol P from Hollis

Please give the President the respect he deserves. He is the President of the United States of America for crying out loud.
    He worked during his vacation in case if you didn't know.

Thank you.

January 7, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  12. Liz Carter in Georgia

I don't have to do research! CNN told us she had to go earlier to get the dog innoculated to the standard that was necessary for him to enter HAWAII! I never said she didn't go ahead of the PRESIDENT on another flight with the dog. All I said was, whatever the charges were relating to the dog, they PROBABLY had to pay out of their own pockets! My GOD! Even if WE DID pay that cost, Ooooh! a onetime $6000 bill vs close to a billion dollars per week in IRAQ, we've been paying! You're hateful and petty, period!

January 10, 2011 at 8:27 am |
  13. Liz Carter in Georgia

'AF1 was no good for her and dog BO'. Slanderous, Stupid, but Hilarious! What First Lady wouldn't rather go on her Christmas vacation, with her husband to HAWAII, in AIR FORCE ONE? L O L!!

January 10, 2011 at 8:38 am |
  14. Liz Carter in Georgia

@deb0115; Michelle never even professed to be a Jackie. The media periodically, early on the media did what they always have tried to do, and that's to compare Michelle to other previous FIRST LADIES! They compared their wardrobes and jewelry, as simular is all! She was asked once, early on which previous FIRST LADY did she really admire; Michelle replied Jackie Kennedy! She gave her explanation as to why; her ability to maintain he homelife and protect her children, etc., but a 'Jackie want to be'? No way!

January 10, 2011 at 11:53 am |
  15. Kristen

Liz from Georgia, i couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe people are seriously complaining about the beautiful first family taking a christmas vacation...seriously. They just want something to argue about apparently

January 10, 2011 at 6:46 pm |
  16. CathyJ

not much is allowed to post on CNN that is unfavorable to the Obama's especially against Michele. Free speech is quickly disappearing from CNN and other on line news sources. careful people. net neutrality is non existent. Someone could write lengthy negative crap against the Palin's

January 10, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
  17. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Oh, Geeze!! That's funny! LOL! But here's a Tip: Get you some milk of magnesia! I've found that it helps me to settle my nervous stomach when I get STUNG by the truth! The truth hurts! Believe me! I know!

January 10, 2011 at 11:42 pm |
  18. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Kristen; Yes! They do want to argue and question everything the OBAMAS do, inside and outside of the WHITEHOUSE! The first thing is, they can't wrap their heads around the fact, that it's a black family in there anyway! My GOD! We're having to pay for them to fly in AIRFORCE ONE? And their dog too? Going to HAWAII on vacation? Why couldn't he just catch a BUS and go to CHICAGO?! It's nothing but envy, stemmed from biggotry, pure and simple! It's also covert racism, hidden under a big political smokescreen!

January 11, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  19. Liz Carter in Georgia

@vicki, I am SO sorry that you and many other AMERICANS are without employment and livelihoods and I do understand why you're upset. But did you know that unemployment didn't begin it's RISE under this president? It continued to rise these last 2 years, but he didn't create the demize of AMERICAN citizens livelihoods; all he's been trying to do is correct the problem! Did you think BUSH or any other ex-president should not have taken a CHRISTMAS vacation because of unemployment in AMERICA? I DON'T THINK SO!

January 14, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
  20. Liz Carter in Georgia

@vickie; No I wasn't 'there holding a candle'; but I was sure he was aware that his 'haters' at the least, EXPECTED that he be working and not having too much fun! 'No way should he have a good time and we can't'! I felt he worked on vacation in my spirit! And I was right, according to the media! They verified my discernment. I may be funny to you, but I'm no where near ignorant. Deciphering your not-so-intelligent 'email' to me, was lots of fun! I figured it out though! You don't have to try it again! LOL!

January 14, 2011 at 6:08 pm |