Clintonites
January 21st, 2011

Poll: Is a Clinton 'third term' a bad thing?

Newt Gingrich is calling it Bill Clinton’s “third term”—all the Clintonistas now in top spots at the Obama White House. After struggling over how to deal with a stubborn economy—as well as stubborn Republicans—the president has turned to some of the familiar faces who helped Bill Clinton win the day dealing with both. Is Barack Obama hoping some of the Clinton magic will rub off?

Nobody can forget that super-charged moment when Bill Clinton came back to the White House—after the November “shellacking”—to give Mr. Obama some of his famous political advice. Ever since– the pundits have been buzzing with comparisons—talk of “triangulation” and “deficit politics”—but how much is the Clinton influence shaping the president’s next moves? And is that good or bad? Tell us what you think….

Topics: People • President Clinton • President Obama • The Buzz • The Visuals

« Previous entry
  1. Liz Carter in Georgia

No! I don't think it's a bad thing. I thought CLINTON took care of the nation very well! He was faced with some of the same issues as PRESIDENT OBAMA is facing today, like the healthcare bill. Hillary was trying to get healthcare in place way back then! The GOP didn't want it then, like they don't want it now; the money; they're in the insurance companies pockets! They KNEW if they hadn't let it come to fruition under a white president, they be damned if they would allow a black president get that credit!

January 22, 2011 at 7:58 pm |
  2. Liz Carter in Georgia

I believe CLINTON would make a good president again! He is a great statesman and diplomat! He is a former president who also knows who the 'enemies' are and has the ability to shake'em up with his experience as well as intelligence! He is a white man who knows exactly who he is and can melt down those evil strongholds with his smooth, silver tongue! You know 'us whites have to stick together'! 'As long as we didn't let that N get the credit'! Hey, the world knows there won't be as much WHIPLASH then!

January 22, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
  3. Liz Carter in Georgia

I believe that everything that OBAMA has done or will do would have been done the exact same way had a white president initiated that agenda; except it would have gone over without all of the hate, tirade, vitriol, propaganda, lies, and confusion. We would have been happy that he did whatever he did to keep us from going all the way under; would be rallying around that president in hopes that everything else he does is beneficial and prosperous for us all in the end, whether it turns out to be or not!

January 22, 2011 at 9:18 pm |
  4. Liz Carter in Georgia

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA is a younger version of WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON, the lates JOHN FITZGERALD KENNEDY and yes, ABRAHAM LINCOLN as an knowledgeable statesman, intelligent diplomat and president. He's just not the 'right' color! I remember when the question was asked, 'IS AMERICA READY FOR A BLACK PRESIDENT?' SHAMEFULLY, From what I have seen and heard, NOT YET! NO WAY!

January 22, 2011 at 9:32 pm |
  5. Jay in NC

Barry is the 5th youngest president. Theodore Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Ulysses S. Grant, then Barry. Facts have no meaning to you LIz.

The 'right' color? There you go again with your divisive hate speech.

January 23, 2011 at 6:16 am |
  6. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, truth means a lot to me; and the truth is, I know, as do many others who choose not to say it, or may be working against it from another angle, that this president and his family is being HANDLED like this because he is black. We are DIVIDED! We have been DIVIDED! And it SEEMS, we will always be DIVIDED! OH, the Civil War has been won, LAWS against civil rights and discrimination have been put in place, but there are many hearts that have not changed! Laws don't change hearts and mindsets! Hate speech?

January 23, 2011 at 8:45 am |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, the only hate about my speech is I hate to have to speak it! I believe in my whole heart that those who have appraised it as a 'divisive hate speech' are the ones who know it's the truth. They are the ones who want to put a 'negative label' on the truth and try to discourage me from even the mention of it! Hit dogs holler! I plan to hit that dog every time comes this way. The good thing is, he can't sneak up on me under the cloak of politics, patriotism, nor under any other cover! I will call him out!

January 23, 2011 at 9:15 am |
  8. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, I wasn't comparing PRESIDENT OBAMAs' age with the others I named; I was comparing his character, his knowledge, his intelligence! I wasn't listing the youngest previous presidents to enter the office! I was making comparisons of their statures! You and 'facts' have me wrong this time!

January 23, 2011 at 9:24 am |
    • Jay in NC

Liz quote of the day "BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA is a younger version of WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON."

January 23, 2011 at 12:31 pm |
  9. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, What is your problem? I explained to you that I was not making comparisons of their age; now nor when they entered the WHITEHOUSE! I know there's a big difference in the ages of PRESIDENT OBAMA and FORMER PRESIDENT CLINTON! Clinton's a year or two older than myself! However, I told you I was only speaking of their mindsets; character, intelligence and knowledge, and now I will have to say their genuine desire to see the best for AMERICA and all of it's citizens! You simply refuse to get it! Fine, Jay!

January 23, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
    • Jay in NC

Oh, I see, by saying 'younger version' you are saying that Barry mindset is younger; character younger, intelligence is younger and knowledge is younger. Well, we found something else we agree on Liz. Barry is less than Clinton. Keep up the good work.

January 23, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
  10. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, All of the previous presidents that I named are the ones that I feel President Obama is most like! I didn't say his being younger in age, meant he was less in those things, but that's what you mean! That's what you want to say, so that's fine! I'm through with it.

January 24, 2011 at 2:20 am |