White House reveals details for Easter Egg roll
Eggs for this year's White House Easter Egg Roll
March 28th, 2011

White House reveals details for Easter Egg roll

Washington (CNN) - With environmental stewardship and health and wellness among its themes, the White House released the details of the annual White House Easter Egg Roll Monday, and unveiled the design of the commemorative egg.

The eggs, which come in four different pastel colors and bear a stamped signature of the President and First lady, were again made with “certified hardwood,” the White House said in a written statement. With the goal of minimizing waste and environmental impact, the White House said the packaging for the eggs will be made from certified paperboard that uses no wood fibers from controversial sources, is easily recyclable, and features vegetable oil-based inks and a water-based coating.

The National Park Foundation, which produces and sells the White House Easter Egg, gives them as a souvenir to all children 12 and under who participate in the Easter Egg Roll on the White House South Lawn.
Under the theme, “Get Up and Go!,” the event will take place April 25, with all the activities focused on ways for children to lead healthy and active lives.

1. john

Hey anti-birthers – here is one for you. I think BO is a citizen, but none of us know for sure – not even you.
    My dad was born in Portugal. He came here when he was a month old. His birth was listed in the paper, he attended school here. He went back to Portugal when he was 13. He came back when he was 26. My family just found out he was not a US citizen.

March 29, 2011 at 11:26 am |
    • john

BTW, what does it have to do w/this story – nothing. I just like posting comments about other subjects when I see stupid stories on the CNN website.

March 29, 2011 at 11:28 am |
    • McCain-in-4

Yawn – yet another jerk who would rather spoil what is a wonderful story. Pitiful and pathetic!

March 29, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
      • john

Yet another lib calling people names.
        "A wonderful story"? About wooden eggs? Only a lib...

March 30, 2011 at 8:38 am |
    • emmy skadittle

troll: his birth was listed in the paper by a hospital he wasn't born in, I don't think so

March 31, 2011 at 9:37 am |
  2. ReverendG

Birthers conveniently forget that John McCain was born in Panama. Also, I think Sarah Palin was born in Russia. None of us know for sure – not even you.
    My dad was born on Mars. He came here when he was a month old. His birth was listed in the paper, he attended school here. He went back to Mars when he was 13. He came back when he was 26. My family just found out he was not a US citizen. This means NO ONE is a US Citizen!!!1 Aliens!
    Stupid libs with their opinions and pointless anecdotes.

March 31, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
  3. ReverendG

Also, Obama is a terrorist. My dad was a terrorist. He attacked this country and its freedoms when he was a month old. His attack was listed in the paper, he threatened his school here. He went back to Kenya, Indonesia when he was 13. He attacked again when he was 26. My family just found out he was a terrorist.

March 31, 2011 at 1:54 pm |