POTUS Schedule: Friday, June 10 2011
June 10th, 2011

POTUS Schedule: Friday, June 10 2011

Summer Fridays have hit the White House - it appears to be a quiet day ahead as the president has no public events scheduled and no press briefing is planned. At 4:00 p.m., the entire Obama family will depart for Camp David.

Full Schedule:

EDT

10:00AM: In-Town Travel Pool Call Time

4:00PM: THE FIRST FAMILY departs the White House en route Camp David
South Lawn

Topics: Daily Schedule

Next entry »
« Previous entry
  1. John

Really? How can the president have a slower day of work scheduled than I do? So why doesn't he walk a little ways and get involved with budget talks?

June 10, 2011 at 8:19 am |
    • Notfooled

Why do you complain only about President Obama? What about Congress who seems to be more off then on? The House is supposed to be bringing bills to the floor to be voted on and then off to the Senate. Then President Obama can sign it into law or veto it. You see any bills of importance being signed in the last five and a half months? The House is worthless and we all know who leads it.

June 11, 2011 at 4:52 am |
  2. Liz Carter in Georgia

How can the President have a slower day of work scheduled than you? Who're you Jealous John? Many presidents have had slower days than you AT CAMP DAVID! Now I realize and have realized for quite a long time that people like you expect to work this President like a 'slave', and judging by your nasty posts, soooo want to be his 'slave-drivers'! Everytime the man stops to draw a breath, you scream...who told you to stop working? Go back to work N-word, in your biggoted hearts! We're through 'slaving' OK?

June 10, 2011 at 11:30 am |
    • John

Again with a racist comment from you. What world are you living in that a president of this country "has a slow day"? This man works for us. I know you have a difficult time picking up on that concept. It has nothing to do with being jealous. He wanted the job – it is a 4 year term. Obviously you do not check out his schedule on a regular basis. He has driven this country into the ground with the "progressive agenda". He has taken many, many, many vacations, golf days, basketball events, football events, family trips, lavish parties/dinners all on you and me.
      Jean 2009 – stupidity is giving someone credit for a post they did not do, as you have done. You libs are killing this country and independents like me have had enough of the bulls@it. We are done being a silent majority.

June 10, 2011 at 3:18 pm |
      • Jay in NC

John, I have tried to deal with Liz for months. Whenever anyone complains about the president she calls them a racist. Often in her overzealous defense of Barry she will use racist terms. Like one time she said to me that 'black men work harder than white men.' She also will often says that she is just pointing out racism. Oh, well, she may never see the irony of it all. The best thing you can do is ignore her. Best of luck.

June 10, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
      • James, AL

John, I am an independent too, but I do not see things the way you do. President Obama has literally, saved this country from an impending depression, however, you do not want to look at all that he has done help the country revive, you stick to the talking points that the economy is having a slow revival. This mess did not happen overnight and it will not be repaired overnight. Regardless to who the president may be

This progressive agenda you speak of; lets not forget that for the previous eight years prior to President Obama, we had policies going so far right and hurting people like crazy that it takes a president that understands that there is a need for some policies that favor the people, your progressive agenda, to bring us back within striking distance of the happy middle. The republicans have allowed the corporations to pillage us like crazy, take the money and put it into banks oversees instead of hiring people. So, your 'progressive agenda' is nothing more than the correction of the far right republican agenda.l

June 12, 2011 at 11:36 pm |
      • John

James, what will your comments be when we fall into depression within the next year? it could have been a bigger one? The progressive agenda is not working. We now have more people taking from the governmnet than are putting in. Talk all you want about the Bush agenda, but I think we will take 5% unemployment, $1.83 a gallon and our governmnet spending about 7 billion less. I didn't even mention food prices, or the housing crisis, or the fact that we are now in 2 wars ,1 "not war" and we are looking to get into another war or not war in Syria. Take a look at this presidents schedule for the past week, which is typical for this guy. Tell me if you want someone like this working for you if you owned a business. Your company would go under quickly.

June 13, 2011 at 10:47 am |
    • Howard

LIZ CARTER OF GEORGIA ... YOU'RE A RACIST ... THAT'S RIGHT ... LIZ ... YOU'RE A RACIST !!!

June 10, 2011 at 7:02 pm |
    • afhcpoobah

The race card ?....REALLY........ COME ON ..... DON'T insult your intelligence ! How are things down in dixie ? Yeah they are that way here too. I would imagine it to be the same everywhere. People out of work,no jobs ! People out of homes, homeless! I'M calling the bank on Monday to let them know I will be on a sabbatical and if they would just hang in there for awhile things will get better all by themselves. CAUSE GOD KNOWS NOBODY IS GOING TO DO ANYTHING to CHANGE it

June 10, 2011 at 11:00 pm |
    • Howard

HERE IS OBAMA'S RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

SAVE AMERICA ... DUMP OBAMA !!!

June 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
      • James, AL

Howard, I would literally have to see President Obama saying that in the context you just put it in to believe it. I is not his character to speak like that. So please tell me, where can I go see this video of the president saying such a thing.

June 12, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
  3. jean2009

Nothing he can do at the White House that can't be done at Camp David. It is just another location for the President to be on call 24/7.

@John from what I've noticed you don't work all you do is post stupidity. Like that misinformation you posted about Wikipedia not being accurate information. I think you better check the rules and policies for posting to Wikipedia. Wikipedia pages have and editor (sometimes more than one) and if what is posted is inaccurate, or is disagreed to by the other editors for that particular subject.... the inaccurate entry will be deleted by vote of the editors for that particular topic. In plain English, that means if you post to Wikipedia you better know the subject matter and be accurate in what you post.

June 10, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  4. California Conservative

This is the equivelant to MSLSD's "soup of the day".

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN.

June 10, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
  5. Liz Carter in Georgia

Racist comment? Is that all it is? Nope! I don't think so John; it's just one more 'racist observation'! Oh yeah, I WILL continue to pull it out from under it's camouflaged rhetorical covering whenever I see it! OK? Rather than to just get honest and accept the obvious truth, that maybe the society could TRULY begin to work through it, some people just throw back on the person by calling him or her a racist for pointing out it's 'half-buried' appearances in most of the conservative blogoshere and media!

June 10, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
  6. Liz Carter in Georgia

BTW, John, I stand by my comment because it is true. A fool could see you snidely and sarcasticly asked, how can the president have a slower day of work than YOU do?!? What do you do? What are you comparing his scheduled work day to? Why are you doing it? I doubt you complained so easily about the Bush vacations and breaks at CRAWFORD or CAMP DAVID! Nor any other president for that matter. I reminded you that there have been many presidents who have had laid back days at Camp David or wherever they decided!

June 10, 2011 at 5:56 pm |
    • Howard

SAVE AMERICA ... DUMP OBAMA !!!

June 10, 2011 at 6:59 pm |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

Yes. OBAMA did throw his 'hat in the ring'. He asked the nation to vote for him for PRESIDENT! The same went for everyone else who ran for that office. To tell you the truth, I said to many of my friends, family and others, after he announced his plan to run for the presidency, that I really felt sorry for anybody who'd have to go into the OVAL OFFICE and pick up behind GWB. That person would be set up as the scapegoat and fall guy, especially Barack Obama. That observation is proving to be true everyday.

June 10, 2011 at 7:01 pm |
  8. Liz Carter in Georgia

Every president who's passed through the OVAL OFFICE should've been working for us, but it seems they were far and few in between! It's called corruption and greed. Many worked for a small group of AMERICANS; the wealthy ones, not 'us' unless you're one of them! The last one certainly wasn't working for us. His 'conservative agenda' is what's run this country into the ground! Obamas' 'progressive agenda' is what's hitting and sometimes missing in attempts to try to bring the country back out of the ground.

June 10, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  9. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Howard and Jay, whatever floats your boats! Hope that denial makes you both feel better. If you like it, I love it! OBAMA/BIDEN 2012!

June 10, 2011 at 7:50 pm |
  10. afhcpoobah

WOW and WOW LIZZZZ CARTER in GEORGIA WOW 1 in order to fail you must first make an attempt 2 What has HE done as PRESIDENT 3 HE can/should make every day count , HE WANTED IT,HE HAS IT AND now refuses to wield it [POWER] AT LEAST WITH ALL OTHER PRESIDENTS we can say they tried

June 10, 2011 at 11:18 pm |
  11. Liz Carter in Georgia

@afhcpoobah, 'How You Doin'? Did you know that empty wagons roll the loudest? 'AT LEAST WITH ALL OTHER PRESIDENTS we can say they tried?!? They tried what? I know they tried and succeeded in making sure the rich stayed rich. What else? Furthermore, if we still ended up with one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel, hanging over a cliff and all other presidents were trying, I guess they should have stayed on vacation! LOL! Look at the state of the nation they left OBAMA to TRY to deal with!

June 11, 2011 at 12:35 am |
  12. Liz Carter in Georgia

Oh yeah, Dixie is still Dixie! We have a few 'quota makers' in charge or at least sitting in the old 'Masters' seats and I guess I have to thank GOD for those small blessings too, but Dixie is still Dixie! Jim Crowe and Willie Lynch maybe gone on to their rewards, but their sons and daughters still covertly run Dixie. Our lawyer down here is Jimmy Jr. He has a 'distinguished' law practice; and Billy Jr sits on the bench as the chief judge! The KKK still meets up on Stone Mountain! You asked me didn't you?

June 11, 2011 at 1:04 am |