Happy Birthday Mr. President
President Obama greets supporters Wednesday in Chicago at a fundraiser.
August 4th, 2011

Happy Birthday Mr. President

As the president celebrates his milestone 50th birthday today there is not much on his public schedule.  However a White House official tells CNN the president will take some time to celebrate with friends today at a Rose Garden birthday party.  The official says the cost of the party will be paid for by the family and not financed with public funds.

PRESIDENT OBAMA'S SCHEDULE:

10:30AM THE PRESIDENT receives the Presidential Daily Briefing/ Oval Office/ Closed Press

BRIEFING SCHEDULE: 12:00PM Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney

Topics: President Obama • The Buzz • The Family

« Previous entry
  1. jean

Happy Birthday,Mr.President!!!! Now is the time to get tough on the Gop/TP! Americas Real Problem! They have no respect for the Office of the President of the United States! 80% of the people Do!!! Obama 2012

August 4, 2011 at 8:54 am |
    • Jay in NC

"They have no respect for the Office of the President of the United States!" I will have to remember that the next time a progressive Liberal bashes President Bush.

August 4, 2011 at 9:18 am |
      • jean2009

Since when is stating facts bashing? President Bush's acts may not ALL have been deliberate, but they were devastating none the less. Not financing two wars was a horrible choice, and tax cuts for the wealthiest few were also not needed.... and made matters worse...and how about that $950 million of our tax dollars to guarantee each Iraqi citizen universal health care for life...Read Article 31 of the Iraqi Constitution which was written by the Bush Administration.

August 6, 2011 at 6:06 pm |
    • John

Let me first say Happy Birthday to the president.
      Jean, is there anything this president can do that would have you question his policies or his decisions? Just wondering. Any response without calling me, repubs or the Tea Party names would be appreciated. BTW, not that you asked, but Bush did many things I disagree with. For example, he did cocaine, he avoided Vietnam, he made millions on insider business deals and he, with the help from everyone in congress, got us into wars we couldn't afford. I could name a bunch more, but I await your response.

August 4, 2011 at 1:18 pm |
      • jean2009

@John....It seems we now have two Jeans...but hey I agree with her, not you. We seem to have two Johns one I agree with, and then there is you. I pretty much agree with the President....first I know he will have to compromise on some things; but in the end he will try to do what is best for the American people who are hurting and need help...not the fat-cats who don't need any help while they fleece the American working poor. I'm not as liberal as you think I am, nor am I as conservative as the radical-right wing nuts of today.

Happy Birthday Mr. President – Obama-Biden 2012

August 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm |
  2. KT in VA

Happy 50th Birthday, Mr. President!!! You are the Best and I'm praying for you and your family along with this country. I know you love this country and work hard to straighten all this mess but it will take a lot more than just 4 years...that being said I pray you get another term to try to fight for the little people like me.

August 4, 2011 at 9:29 am |
  3. Josie

Happy Birthday Mr. President. You've made it this far. I can't blame you for the ongoing situation since you didn't create it, nor can any one man fix it with four years time. Just do the best you can do and keep your head high. America will sink unless the American people stand up and speak as a solid voice. Can't we all just get along? Happy Birthday Sir!

August 4, 2011 at 9:50 am |
  4. Blackman in America

Happy #50 my President, hopefully it will be a great day for you. I continue to pray for you and your family. Continued blessing.

August 4, 2011 at 10:11 am |
  5. Love Them All

Enjoy Your Birthday Mr. President. Celebrate, Enjoy, Laugh Shoot Some Hoops Eat Great Food.

JUST HAVE SOME WELL DESERVED FUUUUUNNNNN........................SMILE

August 4, 2011 at 10:56 am |
  6. Dolores NYC

All the best wishes to you President Obama. You have been put through the ringer with opposing party. Just keep doing what you mean to do in your office. I support you and will continue to do so in 2012. Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy it with your beautiful family.

August 4, 2011 at 1:27 pm |
  7. Chelle, GA

Happy birthday Mr. President!!!

August 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
  8. Blackwomen in America

Happy Birthday Mr. President Obama. I truely wish you all the best and you are doing a excellent job in running this country and I stand behind you 100%. You WILL win another 4 year term in 2012. I promise you that.

August 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
  9. not-pure-bred 04

Happy Birthday, Mr. President! I am a big fan of yours and Michelle's. Keep plugging along. The non-believers will get it someday!

August 4, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  10. Queen Rene'CINCY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. PRESIDENT !!!! May God bless you and your family !! Both my daughters will be able to vote in the next election and they'll facebook all their friends. So you pretty much got it in the bag ! ;-0 Enjoy your day !!!!

August 4, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  11. Liz Carter in Georgia

Hi folks! Did you miss me? Well, I'M BAAACK!....However, I've been out of touch, off center and off the scene for a while.....well at least since the unexpected, sudden death of my oldest brother on July 19, who died of a massive heart attack. It was a painful shock to us all, and to everyone who knew him. He was a God-fearing, wonderful man who studied 'The Word' to show himself approved of God and Man. He knew that to be absent from the body was what it took to be present with the Lord. RIP my brother.

August 5, 2011 at 1:00 pm |
    • jean2009

Hi Liz, I'm sorry for your loss. We have been going through some of the same losses in our family....it is always so hard. It is good to see you back...I really wondered where you were. You take care.

August 6, 2011 at 12:04 pm |
  12. Liz Carter in Georgia

May God continue to bless, save and keep you as I hope you had a Happy 50th Birthday, Mr President; and May The Lord continue to bless you with many, many more.

August 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm |
  13. Liz Carter in Georgia

@jean2009; Thank you very much for your pleasant greeting and concern. I missed you and all of our soldiers too. I'm having to go back now and try to catch up on some threads of comments, but I'm glad to be back.

August 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm |
  14. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jay, we don't bash your 'President'. We only remind you and the rest of your BUSH 'ilk' of where the problems hanging over the US came to open manifestation and so obvious to layman, foreclosed on, hardworking, or once hardworking, retired, taxpaying American Citizens. It's obvious you folk have a selective memory and everytime you jump out to tear down my PRESIDENT, Barack Obama, we are always going to remind you where the 'buck started'! OBAMA was already genorous enough to accept the 'buck stops here'!

August 6, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
  15. Bob S Philadelphia , Pa

Get this PIECE OF GABRBAGE out of office while we still have a country to save what a WASTE OF SKIN he just can't find enough ways to WASTE tax payers money . He said when he was elected that he wanted to be judged on the economy in 4 years when election time comes around I'm sure glad he said that because the ECONOMY IS IN THE TANK and so will this PIECE OF GARBAGE what a WASTE OF SKIN get NOBAMA OUT IN 2012 ! ! ! ! !

November 21, 2011 at 9:02 am |