POTUS Day Ahead: Rallying with unions
September 5th, 2011

POTUS Day Ahead: Rallying with unions

President Obama will mark Labor Day in Detroit, rallying with a pro-union crowd expected to number well into the thousands.  The speech comes at a fragile time for the president, with unemployment stubbornly standing pat above 9 percent, a new White House economic forecast predicting unemployment will stay above 6 percent until 2017, and an overwhelming belief among Americans that the country is in another recession.

The Labor Day trip also comes three days before the president will outline a new jobs program in front of a joint session of congress.  We'll see if he previews any of that speech today.

Obama's full schedule after the jump:

11:10 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives Joint Base Andrews
Travel Pool Coverage (Gather Time 9:30 AM – Joint Base Andrews, Virginia Gate)

11:10AM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route Newark, New Jersey**

Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport
Open Press

4:00PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Joint Base Andrews
Travel Pool Coverage

4:15PM THE PRESIDENT arrives The White House
South Lawn
Open Press (Gather Time 3:55 PM – North Doors of the Palm Room)

Topics: Daily Schedule

1. Wren Sharpbeak

"overwehling belif "?

Come on, CNN. Spell check it before publishing! In this day and age, that's just embarrassing.

September 5, 2011 at 8:49 am |
  2. Jay in NC

Labor unions do not create jobs. They siphon off wealth created by others.

September 5, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • jean

You sound like a "Minimum Wager"!!! Good luck with your Teabagger Party, your going to need it!!!! LOL

September 5, 2011 at 11:38 am |
      • Pete

Unions are the leaches on american companies When a company is forsed to hire incompetent people just because they are part of the union

September 6, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
      • The Central Scrutinizer

@jean: You hear voices when you read words typed by "Jay in NC"? You must be clairvoyant jean, because I don't hear any sounds when I READ the words "Jay in N" typed. Wow Jean (sorry ... I meant "jean") you are a true savant! What I DID notice is "Jay in NC" can properly construct a sentence. Quoting jean: "You sound like a "Minimum Wager"!!!". Tell the audience jean; just what does a "minimum wager" sound like (especially on a forum with no audio)? And what if "Jay in NC" IS a "Minimum Wager"? What of it? He can type a proper sentence with correct punctuation and spacing which is more than I can say about you. Jean <– (note the respect which you will not even afford yourself) you cannot form a simple sentence, therefore I sentence you to print out a single page of this forum, roll it into a pointy hat, scrawl D-U-N-C-E on the front (that's the part that faces forward), and WEAR IT IN PUBLIC (you're dismissed for now, but since Summer is over we have to hold you back a grade). BURP! (I can write it in COBOL too! I'm one of them thar' sum-mart Teamsters!)

September 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm |
    • Republicans elect and attract the not so smart

@Jay in NC,

Do you spend everyday, the entire day, proving how really deficient you are of the facts?

Where or when did you ever hear someone say Labor Unions create jobs? Ok, let me help you.....Labor unions began in the 1930's. That consortium of american workers, who by the way were building and supporting the war against Nazi Germany, became what is known as the middle class; a socio-economic group that is responsible for making america the greatest country on earth. If you don't believe me, read a text book on ....Economics or Business 101. I'm sure most of them provide this background for your learning consumption.

I know its hard for you to grasp the concept, but no, millionaires and billionaires were not what made this country great. It was the american workers / the unions. Here endeth the lesson, that at some point, you should have learned in grade school. Again our educational system has failed a large number of americans, and for that fact alone, we are all suffering

September 5, 2011 at 11:47 am |
      • Dick Rochester

At the time in American unions were formed, no system could have assimilated so many workers. They kinda sorta solved a problem at that time. However, now they have grown into a greedy monster. I think the entrepreneurs and the "millionaires and billionaires" probably did more for the country than the unions - they were leaders.

Yes, unions have done some good. Maybe they are 20% good - but they are 80% bad, at least in this century. They protect incompetence, they slow down modernization, they greedily skew the economy by creating imbalances in the economy. They drive jobs off-shore.

September 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
      • egm11

yes WORKERS made this country great. and by the way it was the american SOLDIER, who was by the way, non union that kept america free. unions created no jobs, unions created no wealth, unions created no companies or business. as a matter of fact have helped murder workers who didnt agree with them, created chaos and encouraged mob rule. wonderful organizations. unions have become the haven of criminal organizations and the tool of big government and their corrupt politicians. so is the balance there to say they are still useful, no, the are the world of obslete politicians and criminals. if unions were so wonderful, why are only about 12% of the working population members. unions need to have very close examination and prosecution. hoffa and that lard azz trumka up first.

September 6, 2011 at 9:56 am |
      • The Central Scrutinizer

@"Republicans elect and attract the not so smart" THAT'S what you've chosen as a screen-name? Obama and Dubya are just monochromatically opposite bookends – you REALLY think one is smarter than the other? Dumbass, wannabe, still-coming-up would be Chicago thug-in-training just got a lucky shot from a teleprompter at the 2008 Dem Convention – that's the long and short of it. Oh Yeah! Then Oprah called him BRILL-YUNT! and that cinched it for you Kool-Aid drinkers. McCain as an alternative? What alternative? Our National Narcissist whose dog's name spell out his own initials (BO) just got lucky and "got the part". Oh and "instructor", before you start "instructing" again I think you should check your own typing – let's have a mini-lesson: "Apply some logical and consistency to your argument. Its almost impossible to figure out your position from one sentence to the next". Did you mean to type "Apply some logic and consistency to your argument. It's almost impossible to figure out your position from one sentence to the next" Did you get it? Delete an "a" and an "l" and properly punctuate the word "It's". Oh, and this cannot be allowed to pass; everywhere in your paragraphs where you spelled "american" should have had an uppercase "A". Is your middle name Zinjanthropus? It was easy to trace the progression Dick was outlining ... easy unless you've had too much Obamunist Kool-Aid. This year, for the VERY first time, THIS Teamster did NOT put out the American flag on labor day. We once spelled it "Labor Day" but Dick is right – what was once the "kickin' mule" Teamster's Union is now a swayback worn out donkey with Kommie leaders whom you follow without question. LEMMING!!

September 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
    • Howard

Finally a truthful posting on the incredibly biased CNN website ... thank you Jay in NC !!!

September 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
    • egm11

that speech by hoffa yesterday was very reminiscent of little meeting that took place in berlin and hamburg in the 30s. hoffas little army of "brownshirts" marching for their furher, oops, president. what kind of leader is obama? he IS NOT, never has been. obama is nothing more than a little third world wanna be. he will buy votes anyway he can and if he cannot he will steal them.

September 6, 2011 at 9:47 am |
  3. nuff said

He needs to do more than preview his jobs speech he needs to leak the whole thing. If he is smart he will include many of the Repub ideas beating them to the punch and neutralizing any attacks. He also needs to put a 3-5 year moratorium on ALL new regulations since he was elected including Obamacare. And if he really wants a dramatic impact he should announce he is NOT running in 2012 to focus on jobs jobs jobs!!

September 5, 2011 at 11:24 am |
  4. Liz Carter in Georgia

Yes, I agree. The American worker/unions are exactly who made this country great. We also are the ones who substantiated the 'trickled-up' economics that made the millionaires and billionaires, 'millionaires' and 'billionaires'! Jay, unions never 'created jobs'! One of Americas' main union functions was to oversee 'fair play' of job policy for all employees and to make sure they weren't fired from those jobs without reasonable cause. Republicans certainly do elect and attract the not so smart! LOL!

September 5, 2011 at 1:10 pm |
  5. Howard

OH ... I SEE THE HABITUALY BLINDLY DEVOTED OBAMA CHEERLEADERS, JEAN AND LIZ, ARE STILL KISSING THEIR MESSIAH'S AS S AD NAUSEAM !!!

September 5, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
    • jean

@Howard----- Its called "Intelligence" That at which "You are Lacking"! Get you Ged man, its not as hard as you "Think". Tea Lunatic!! LOL Confederate Flag Flying, Your Messiah????

September 6, 2011 at 7:51 am |
      • Pete

Unions did not build this Country It was the dreamers with a vision an Idea had guts and took chances
        Unions are what is screwing up this country Look at the auto Unions they are starting to realize they screwed things up
        Merit raises not gaurateed raises and Benifits is what is going to grow this country
        get rid of the lazy Bastards that want somthing for nothing

September 6, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
  6. Dick Rochester

Labor Unions are part of the problem. They are as greedy as any corporation. They have driven jobs off-shore. They wants infinite wages for infinitesimal work. They want lavish pensions.

Is it better to pay one union worker $50 per hour or 2 workers for $25/hour? Let the market decide wages. Union workers waste human talent because they become trapped by the pension and seniority handcuffs - unable to do something better for society.

Obama didn't bailout the auto companies. He bailed out the unions. I disagree with both and I simply don't buy anything coming from unionized industry - I'd rather buy foreign, in protest.

September 5, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
    • Republicans elect and attract the not so smart

@ Dick

Apply some logical and consistency to your argument. Its almost impossible to figure out your position from one sentence to the next.

You start by saying unions facilitated "capitalism" and tremendous growth in America; making this the greatest nation in the history of the world.

And then almost immediately thereafter, you contradict yourself by saying "now the Union is Greedy", and the million and billionaires that were created by those union workers are not? Uhhh...What???? If greed is good, is it only good for the rich and not for others? Shouldn't someone want better for themselves and their families. That's not only what makes americans great but is extremely patriotic.

It must be stated, you are a total contradiction in every sense of the word. But we have to say this, quit you appear to be of the crowd that says union workers deserve nothing and should accept crumbs .

I say, THAT IS HIGHLY UN-AMERICAN

September 5, 2011 at 9:44 pm |
    • Pete

If you and I are doing the same job and I bust my ass and produce more but get the same raise as you why should I bust my ass
      If your a teacher and you Suck as one why can't you be fired after working as a teacher 6 years
      Teaches get great Benifets in the back end I don;t feel sorry for anyone that only works 9 months out of the year and gets paid for 12

September 6, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

@Howard, I refuse to allow you to make me lose my 'blessings', but I truly do hope you know whose ASSES you can kiss 'ad nauseum'! God please forgive me, but I'm still flesh right now! Did you hear me Howard? Back at ya' Ok? I can only invite you to that same part you claimed we kiss of our 'Messiah aka OBAMA'! You're one spiteful, jealous biggot! FYI, my only personal MESSIAH is LORD JESUS the CHRIST; and HE doesn't even offer me HIS ass to kiss! OBAMA certainly hasn't! You've gone a little bit too far!

September 5, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  8. Free Man

UNION THUGS Ever dealt with union thugs? I have. “You do not seem to understand who we are! Your car could just happen to catch on fire; or your wife could be the victim of a “random” rape”. I encountered similar creatures in Vietnam. They attach themselves to you and suck your blood but other than that they are good for nothing.

September 6, 2011 at 7:33 am |
  9. Liz Carter in Georgia

Are you ensenuating or claiming that the requirement criterion for union membership is incompetancy and non-productiveness? If so, I think you have been sorely mislead.

September 6, 2011 at 1:45 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

@Liz Carter in Georgia: Are you "ensenuating" you don't know how to spell *insinuating*? You ARE openly admitting you have no concept of how to construct a proper sentence using appropriate grammar and selection of words which apply directly to your subject matter, thereby creating proper context – "criterion"? It works (barely), but the word you are/were seeking is "criteria". I am sorry that you "mis lead"; unfortunately lead proved unhealthy and they took it out of paint years ago (obviously not before you chewed that same lead-laden paint off the doorjambs of your parent's home (OH! Did you mean to type "misled"?). Just which union do you belong to Liz? Misspellers Local 666? I've belonged to three unions and I still hold an active Teamster's card and I can tell you firsthand that EVERY union I've belonged to sucked my dues and gave me NOTHING? Most retirees simply leave the Teamster's but I thought I'd remain part of "The Loyal Brotherhood" so I paid to keep my status active – now the Teamster's (Hoffa? Hoffa? Bueller? Anyone?) are playing "cat-'n-mouse" with MY retirement. I can't count the times my Teamster "brothers" took me off on the side and chided me for working too hard and/or too fast. They told me I was "cheating" another Teamster out of a job. Let's get it out in the open –> They literally told me to "slow down" which anyone would agree means my productivity would be lower. My coworkers hid from management and sloughed whenever they had an opportunity. Me? I thought the deal I had made with the company I worked for was they would pay me "X" amount of USDs in return for "X" amount of physical output. Obviously I needed to go to "Teamster's Re-educatilon Kamp". I agree with "Free Man" in that I personally saw longshoreman (Union "brothers") icepick the tires of my boss's BMW while rank-and-file Teamsters held picket signs over all his windows so he couldn't see who was stabbing his tires. Why did this take place? Because our union (TEAMSTER'S UNION) contract did not require the undocumentted (let's get serious ... ILLEGAL) workers who pushed the dumpsters out to the curb to be in the union. The Teamster's Local decided they'd like to get dues from those three workers too (as if their lives' weren't hard enough). Juelga! Juelga! was the clarion-call of the misled <– (note the spelling Liz?) of the barely-able-to-speak-English Teamsters as they impaled the radiators of trucks from a company which declined (refused) to join the Teamster's union. Just one problem; the miscreants must have gone to the same school Liz attended because they vandalized 18 trucks from a company which HAD a fully active contract with the Teamsters – the dunces weren't even on the correct street! Ford had to hire the Pinkerton's Agency to keep gun-toting, club-wielding union thugs away from their gates and I've seen multiple purple-shirted SEIU workers beating opponents in the streets of what we once called America. I know that "Amerika" would not be a misspelling for YOU Liz – it's your dream! One more thing Liz – iz ur spell-check-urr wurking?

September 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm |
  10. Liz Carter in Georgia

@The Central Scrutinizer; Oooops...sorry! Thanks for the critique of my spelling and sentence structure. I'll have to accept that, as I try to do better. However, as long as you get the message intent of my comments, that's all that I'm concerned with at this time. Misspellers Local 666? LOL! I won't mention the name of the union I belonged to, but it certainly didn't include those demonic numbers! I was a member for 32 years; until I retired! They didn't bother my pension. Yours must be a 'Local 666'! LOL!

September 7, 2011 at 4:39 am |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

@Liz Carter in Georgia: Liz, you're a good sport and actually it was Local 630 on Stanford in Los Angeles but the Local's numerical designation may as well be 666. We had an election and when "brothers" would ask me I told them "Barney is dirty – if you vote for him he's going to screw us". Well, "Barney" was Hispanic as were most of my Teamster brothers so consequently "Barney" got elected. On the day of the election Barney's provocatively dressed 18 year-old daughter was INSIDE the hall cheerleading and ginning up the vote for her father. She noticed I had a nice watch and accused me of being "in the pocket" of the company I worked for. I told her "Just for that comment, I'm voting for the "mayate" (a Hispanic-origin pejorative for "Black person"). I was going to vote for the Black candidate anyway because I felt he was the most honest and trustworthy. With Local 630 having an overwhelmingly Hispanic majority-membership I'm sure you can guess that "Vota Para Barney" won the day (and the election). The following week Barney's daughter was working inside our Local behind the very counter where I went to do my union business – acting like SHE ran the place. The junkie-son of our newly elected Local President was picking weeds from cracks in the sidewalk in front of our union hall and he was pulling full Teamster wages just like I did, except I had to work for my check. These were blatant cases of nepotism; a practice strictly prohibited in our bylaws. Within a month "Barney" had moved to a new home in an affluent neighborhood, had a new pool and spa built, and was driving a brand-new black Cadillac. Half the time his son could be seen driving as Barney rode in the back. THAT ... is the Teamster's Union I know. I contacted several upper-level union reps including some whose contact info I gleaned from that stupid magazine they printed to show me what kind of suits union big-wigs bought with my dues. NOT ONE of the union reps I contacted EVER got back to me in any way, shape or form. Funny – I never got even one of those letters back so I knew they were making it to the addresses. Liz, isn't it obvious the practices I complained about are simply SOP for the modern-day Teamsters and isn't it obvious upper-management simply looked the other way? Hey! So long as they were getting THEIR "envelopes", who gives a flying-truck about a rank-and-file dues-paying pawn-level member? THAT is what the modern-day Teamster's have degenerated into and THAT is simply the truth. Sorry to be such a "School Marm" about your grammar and spelling but I get so tired of posters who are trying to win arguments based on what they believe sound like cogent, informed ideas, yet they type like billhillies who accidentally found themselves sitting in front of "one of them thar' 'putin' machines". I went to rural public schools and I can speak and write well so when I see someone implying another poster is somehow deficient, yet the "scolder" can't even master her/his own native language, it irritates me. Oh, and Liz: Thanks for not making this political as so many posters in CNN's forums are wont to do. They call others names like "Teabaggers" which is a pejorative term akin to the "N-word". I'm not from or a member of the Tea Party but they've managed to establish a caucaus haven't they. The BCC and their blind followers seem to think only THEY should have a caucus. I regularly see the "CNN regulars" on this post trying to "shoo" opposing posters away from CNN forums. Sounds like "lock-step" to me. Whether my Teamster's Local was 630 or 666, if forums were enumerated these CNN forums would be 1984. They tune into Ted Turner's networks and do as they are told. I was what would be called a "liberal" once – I changed my mind, of my own accord, using logic and knowledge accumulated over my years. It's my PRIVILEGE! I live in America. On the day when I MUST think exactly like others think, I will live in Amerika – a place I doubt I'll like. There is no free speech on CNN forums and if I REALLY wanted to experience oppression I'd start posting on Media Matters or some other Soros shell-organization. If it is accolades and "rah-rahs" you seek, simply stay on this forum and keep spouting the unconvincing babble that comes from Jay Carney's lips. My personal dream-sequence? Jay Carney in a flak-jacket and helmet with a week's rations on his belt and a rifle and sidearm (Okay, Okay! We'll give him the weapons manuals too!). Next we spend millions of taxpayer dollars flying Jay Carney to the most active warzone President Obama currently has us involved in (under the guise of a "U.N. led-action") and drop Jay Carney in a foxhole. After 30 days we return to see if there is a shred of Jay Carney left – if he is alive we fly him back to DC, clean him up and put him back in his old job. I doubt Jay Carney could mow my lawn straight – he definitely hasn't earned the right to stand in front of cameras and lie to me. I think it's obvious that I tend to "go long" but let me say "Thank You Liz"; thank you for NOT being one of Ted Turner's Toadies and having an honest conversation with me. To you TTTs (Toadies for short) "A census-taker once tried to test me ... "!

September 7, 2011 at 2:52 pm |
  11. Liz Carter in Georgia

Given the description you just gave us of what your Teamsters Local 630 aka 666 has degenerated down to, it rather sounds to me just like the same mold of which the GOP has taken hold. AMERICA is of no consequence to them 'so long as they get THEIR envelopes'! AMERIKA is certainly out of the question..off the screen; been scrubbed, deleted and put out to pasteur! As long as their corporate paymasters continue to contribute to their payrolls...the rich will get richer and the poor will keep getting poorer.

September 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

@Liz (voted for Jimmy) Carter in Georgia: From the description of the events which transpired at my Teamster's Local you find (think you've found) some way to extrapolate <– (see dictionary) my experience into "it rather sounds to me just like the same mold of which the GOP has taken hold". Why don't you just go back to the old saw "It was Bush's fault!". You use the shameful actions of the Teamsters et-al to reflect badly on the GOP? I see that in your world "follow your bias" has replaced "follow the facts". Don't be inane Liz <– (see dictionary), nearly EVERYONE from either side of the aisle has been "taking the envelope" since there has been a U.S. Congress. John Kerry has the wealth of the Ketchup Queen behind him yet he's got to hide/moor his boat (his NEWEST boat) in another state to avoid paying ... TAXES? Have you ever driven through the Virginias? Better bring your GPS unit along because everything is named after "The Honorable Robert C. Byrd". Bridges, turnpikes, observatories, birdbaths, you name it and there's a good chance you'll find Byrd's name on it. Do I believe that Republicans have done the same thing with "pork projects"? Sure I do, because I'm not politically lame enough to blindly stand behind ANYONE regardless of their actions. The only reason I used those two examples is because Kerry's sailboat (and it IS majestic) has been in the news this year and secondly, because had it not been for GPS I would have made a wrong turn when I was driving through the Blue Ridge mountain range (I live in California). Roads, highways, landmarks and monuments dedicated to a member of congress who organized his own chapter of the KKK and as its founder became their leader? As for your statement to wit: "AMERIKA is certainly out of the question..off the screen; been scrubbed, deleted and put out to pasteur". Pasteur was a person Liz, not a place, although if we follow your logic cows eat in a "pasture" and Louis (Louie in your vernacular), Louis Pasteur developed the process of "pasteurization" which led to milk with trace amounts of bacteria in it. Anyone complacent enough to believe that "Amerika" is not a real-life modern-day possibility deserves to be in the re-education kamp they will inevitably inhabit. History holds the truth as to which party opposed the "Black Vote" and which party didn't want women to vote. Once Blacks and Women gained the rights to vote ("RATS!" said the Democrats) the Democratic agenda changed to fooling Blacks and Women into thinking that voting "D" would somehow benefit both groups. Let's jump over your spelling and grammatical gaffs and get some real-life, truthful history in you Liz. http://www.black-and-right.com/the-democrat-race-lie/ Me? I've defended JFK for some of his actions and I continually raiiled against "Dubya" during his Presidency. Tammy Bruce for President! Yeah, I'm a registered Republican yet I say again "Tammy Bruce for President!". Look into her history and find out what NOW (National Organization for Women) (sic) did to Tammy simply for speaking her mind. Who are the brain-police Liz? Go look in the mirror where the answer to that question will stare you right in the face – YOU ... are the brain-police. Open-minded at all Liz? Didn't think so – just another Demo-bot doing the bidding of your Demo-gogueing dem·a·gogues. Who (which party) wrote the language for and implemented the Jim Crow laws Liz? Which party fought vehemently to oppose desegregation? Which party allowed illiterate Whites to vote while educated blacks (AND WOMEN) were NOT allowed to vote. Oh, but now "they've changed"! Why it's .. it's ... MAGIC! The segregationists are your friends now! Why? Simply because they told you so (not to mention they want to trick you out of your vote). Boiled down Liz I'm not beholden to either party, I answer to America. When I see self-identified Black Panthers holding clubs outside of ANY American polling-place it makes my blood boil and if it was the KKK (all founding members were Democrats) or the Aryan Brotherhood, or the Crips or the White Lowriders I'd be just as angry. When ANYONE stands between ANY American and their natural-born right to vote their own mind my thoughts wander fondly back to the days of "frontier justice". Mess with the vote – "fall" in a mote! (Ooops! It was an accident). Violence-inciting Demon-cratic party. The Nazis had the "brown-shirts" and the SEIU has the "purple-shirts". Different century – same strategy: "Join us or pay the price of physical injury". Liz, go buy something made of Gore-Tex and pick up some Heinz Ketchup so those two poor, poor families can eat tonight. Liz ... I came from very humble beginnings – my ancestors were "stewards of the soil" yet I rose up worked in restaurants, dug ditches and built L-1011 aircraft. I drove trucks, owned my own trucking business, retired a Teamster (where's my money?) and RE-tasked myself to become a mainframe programmer. I did all that with my OWN money – not a single helping-hand from the U.S. Government, regardless of party affiliation. A Black friend of mine just rented a storefront and opened a guitar shop – I was hoping for him but as it turns out any fears I might have had were allayed as his business still succeeds to this very day. If you want lessons with "the master" (no pun intended) you have to make an appointment – otherwise you will take lessons from one of his well trained students. He took NO government grants and used no "programs" yet he makes his bills and has a home nicer than mine. How Liz? How could this be? An unassisted Black man makes his business work all on his own? Preposterous! If your kid (White or Black) comes up to you and says "I'm going to be a musician!" most parents turn their heads and silently say "Lord, let it NOT be the drums!". Well this motivated, naturally-skilled Black man MADE IT! He followed his dream, made it his work, made it pay off and it's still working. Ssshhhh! Keep it a secret Liz – other Blacks might find out they can make it on their own and they might start voting for a party that hopes for the same goal. Again Liz – blaming the GOP for what happened in my Democratically-weighted Teamster's chapter? Keep winding that propeller on your forehead and your rubber-band will snap Liz. hyperdictionary.com (you're quite welcome) and get some history under your belt before you make a fool of yourself. You want to rail against someone for oppression? I'm all for it Liz! Read your history lessons, then go sit in the corner. Please come back to us when you get over the withdrawals from "Toxic Lie Syndrome". The Truth is Out There. Naaahh <– (improper English) Liz will never let go of the Democrat swaddling-cloth she has clung to since birth. They pee on your shoes and tell you it's raining – no new trick from politicians of either party, but look down Liz ... your shoes are wet! Forget about "sides" and just be an American. And before anyone calls me a "troll" this is THE first political forum I've ever participated in and I find it fraught with self-appointed moderators whom think they can tell people to "leave". Yeah! There's your "Freedom of Speech". Normally I go to computer and programmer oriented forums – they argue too but at least ideology doesn't rule the conversation (alas, the platform-wars rage on). As for THIS "realm"? The party of Lincoln vs. the party of Jim Crow, segregation and the KKK? Is that a real hard choice? Hurry Liz! Fresh Kool-Aid for picketers! Das cheerleaders vill be given extra rations. Oh Yeah! Hoffa just gave you marching orders; he said (verbatim) "Take them OUT!" Find me Liz! Take me out – do his bidding for it is BO's bidding by proxy. (BO ... isn't that his children's dog's name? NARCISSIST! Barrack Obama believes he IS America – neither of the two Bushes, nor Bill Clinton, nor Reagan nor JFK was ever "America". No American President ever was, yet this President seeks to remold America in his own image which is ... Amerika. When ex-KGB director Vladimir Putin tells an American President he is ruining the tenants which helped defeat Communism and advises him (over two years ago) to "Get out of Afghanistan" and that American President doesn't listen ... well, you be the judge.

September 7, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
  12. Liz Carter in Georgia

Scrutinizer; I tried to appease you in your initial tirade at me for the simple reason that we do have freedom of speech, thought, and opinion in America; well at least so far! I accepted your pompous, arrogant, narcissistic 'beatdown' against my grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and even took a step back to re-analyse my own posted opinion! However, I see right now you really think you are the moderator-in-chief on this CNN blog, and you just got here! I see now you may just be a crazy troll! GEEEZ!

September 8, 2011 at 12:56 am |
  13. Liz Carter in Georgia

Scrutinizer; I also want to say Yes, I voted for Jimmy Carter and I'm not nor have I ever been ashamed of that fact! He was a great President as far as I could see; no worse than any of the rest of them! Mr Scrutinizer, I even voted for the great hollywood actor Ronald Reagan, so don't tel me about 'sides'! Yes, I'm a registered Democrat, just like you say you are a Republican! However, I listen and research the man; recently, the woman who's running for office! So you don't know me! I don't KISS A** now!!

September 8, 2011 at 1:12 am |
  14. Liz Carter in Georgia

Scrutinizer; I was born in a family of Democrats and Republicans. My father and uncles were Democrats; my mother and most of the women in the family were Republicans. I know the difference, and was taught to watch, learn, and listen before I made a decision! You can't judge me! How do you sound telling me I'm wrong for extrapolating the GOP with what YOU said your local union was doing? That was MY opinion! While I read your whole tirade about them, YES, I thought about the GOP and the MOB! SO WHAT?

September 8, 2011 at 1:32 am |
  15. Liz Carter in Georgia

BTW, History...I'm a history buff; my mother 94, who's afflicted with alzheimers was a member of the GEORGIA HISTORICAL SOCIETY. She taught us the importance of history and made sure we studied closely our own BLACK HISTORY, as we were being taught in the public schools 'AMERICAN HISTORY'. She said to us often..'How do you know where you're going, when you dont know where you came from'? I was born and raised, marched and demonstrated in one of AMERICAS' historical 'hot spots'! Tell ME about black history?

September 8, 2011 at 1:50 am |
  16. Liz Carter in Georgia

Scrutinizer; I know d*** well that there's greed in WASHINGTON on both sides, but I also know since they put out a list a while ago, of who had recieved what from certain corporations/companies. I know it wasn't the whole story, but it was what was 'released' and of course the GOP won that total hands down! So that says something right there! Don't get mad at me for it..get mad at them! BTW, I have often complained about those few weak, paid-off, bought-out Democrats! They're also a thorn in OBAMAS' side!

September 8, 2011 at 2:04 am |
  17. Liz Carter in Georgia

..You named Byrd and John Kerry and his wifes' wealth...so what? What about McCains' Budwieser Beer wife? Jealous? What about the little Republican man from ALASKA who had all that going on out there, and died in the plane crash..as a matter of fact there was a documentary shown last year of all of the CONGRESS members who were getting paid by lobbyists of special interests and 'pork' monies for so called projects! You need to do your history!..I'd venture to say 3 out of every 5 were Republicans, Ok?

September 8, 2011 at 2:29 am |
  18. Liz Carter in Georgia

BTW, I wouldn't go here, but 'School Marm', I think you may need to start critiquing your own posts..'many posters in CNNs' forums are wont to do'? Shouldn't that be ALL WANT to do? 'I'm not from or a member of the Teaparty'? Better structure is I'm neither from, nor am I a member of the Teaparty. Misspelled words: 'billhillies'>hillbillies, 'raiiled'>railed, 'caucaus'>caucus, 'gaffs'>gaffes, 'Kamp'>camp. SEE! Just human, that's all, Mr English professor. LOL! Ok, pasteur should be pasture. Feel better?

September 8, 2011 at 3:13 am |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

Liz, never did I mean to type or mis-type the word "want" – "wont' (NOT "won't") is a real word and I used it in the context which I intended. The non-word "billhillies" is a colloquialism I invented years ago just because it sounds funnier than "hillbillies". Try it Liz – go off in a quiet place and say "billhilly" and you'll find the corners of your mouth going upwards (you might even smile). You got me on "gaff"; it's not a word I use often so I left off the essential "e". Mea Culpa, however "gaff" is an actual word which describes a pole with a hook – normally used to pull fish into boats. As for Mssr's Byrd and Kerry I never used them for the same example. In referring to Byrd I was pointing out that a multitude of pork-projects were built-then-named after a founding member of a KKK chapter – how nice for Virginia! In the case of my reference to Kerry I was simply pointing out that he's very pro-tax, yet he hides his boat to avoid paying ... TAXES! Hmmm ... seems like taxes are good for Liz and TCS (The Central Scrutinizer) but Mssr. Kerry would just as soon be exempt from the same taxes he expects you and I to pay. My point being John Kerry can easily afford to pay taxes on his yacht, and well he should if he expects Liz and TCS to pay taxes on their automobiles. Verbatim quote from Liz: "What about McCains' Budwieser Beer wife?" I've already expressed my disdain and disregard for John McCain in this very forum (twice I think?). I could care less if his wife inherited a brewery fortune so long as they pay their taxes. In fact if someone were looking to make light sport of John McCain it could be said "He married UP!". During the McCain/Obama Presidential race (names in alphabetical order, not order of my personal preference), back on topic, during that race I referred to John McCain as "Droopy" because he looked-and-spoke like Droopy the cartoon dog. You asked a one word question Liz – you typed "Jealous?". No Liz, I'm not jealous, I don't mind at all when people elevate themselves – good for them! One last comment on the spelling issue – look on your keyboard and you'll see how far the "C" is from the "K". Do you REALLY think I misspelled "camp" as "kamp"? It's a JOKE Liz – lighten up a little. You left out that I typed "re-education kamp". If you Liz, were in a "camp" designed to "re-educate" you, don't you think it would most likely say "Re-Education Kamp" over the gates? I'm going to give you credit for posting under the same name (however I cannot prove that). In the two weeks I've been reading this compromised "1600 Report" I've noticed the same people posting under different names; basically "stacking the deck" with "Rah-Rah commentary". The very fact that CNN allows posters to change their names invites this type of double-triple-quadruple posting and CNN knows this. This practice is on it's face dishonest and the truth of my words will probably get my post deleted. When people sign up to comment they should choose a screen-name and that one name should be tied to their email address. Until that is implemented this will never be an honest forum, but then Ted never intended for it to be honest. Oh, and Liz – lest you think I'm dodging, you DID catch me on two other misspellings but if you read my posts you'll notice I regularly scold and correct MYSELF. Your tone (Liz) is getting progressively more terse – you must be a "progressive". One of my favorite movies was-and-is The Color Purple but I have one problem with that movie – based on a book written by a Black woman, directed by a Jew, a star-studded mostly Black cast ... and NO Academy Awards?!!!!? Hollywood RACISTS! All those cast member (IMHO) gave it their ALL and gave Oscar-worthy performances – I'd venture to say the pinnacle performances of their careers. Oprah? A simply amazing display of acting prowess I never suspected she was capable of. Those actors (and that movie) deserved their Academy awards. Of course Silence of The Lambs is one of my all-time favorites too so YMMV. Lastly Liz, you quoted me and asked a question: "Ok, pasteur should be pasture. Feel better?". Yes Liz, I do feel better – I've had a long-running credo which says "I learn something new every day". Today you taught me my eyes have degenerated to the point where I need to increase the font-size on my browser – I said "I need to", I didn't say I DID it. I'm stubbornly avoiding it while I lie to myself and pretend I'm not getting old. I learned = I'm happy. You learned to spell "pasture" so yes ... I "Feel better" Liz. Oh! As I type I'm watching the POTUS talk about American products stamped "Made in USA". Hmmm... The Chrysler PT Cruiser? The one they unfurled the American flag in front of on national TV? Made ENTIRELY (every piece and part) in Saltillo, Mexico. The Chrysler Town-and-Country van? Their TV ads say "Imported from Detroit" when in fact the vans are made in Windsor, Ontario, CANADA! All but the nicest appointed Dodge trucks are made in Mexico. Even if you buy a "Made in USA" Dodge truck the frame was hydroformed in Canada, shipped by rail to Mexico where sub-assembly takes place, then shipped back to Detroit. GM is set to open their seventh (7th!) plant in Mexico. President Obama's economic advisor Jeffrey Immelt just relocated GE's medical and aviation production to CHINA! That's the POTUS's idea of "Made in USA"? GE paid NO taxes last year – GEEEEEEEEE! My Toyota was made in Georgetown, Kentucky and I recently had to rent cars in Salt Lake City. I rented a Chrysler 300 (Gangsta' Wanna-Bentley, short-doored JUNK!), a Chevrolet Malibu (manual driver's seat controls? REALLY?), and a Chevrolet Equinox. The Equinox was a "passable" SUV but though the vehicles seemed to be the same size on the outside, I can put 30% more luggage in my Wife's 4Runner. Why should I feel any empathy for a bunch of overpaid, overpensioned spoiled babies (That's YOU UAW) while the cars their companies produce come from ANYWHERE BUT the USA? Fiat just bought Chrysler – Fiat last sold cars in the USA in the late 70's and their reputation for unreliability was their demise. Yeah, Obama's going to make Apple make all their hardware in the USA – in a dream! The very microphones President Obama was speaking through WEREN'T made in the USA,. They are Shure microphones made in Mexico. Go USA! "Made in USA" Let BO put his money where his mic is! (Note to Liz: "mic" is a recording industry abbreviation for microphone – the usage of the word "mike" would be incorrect.) At least BO didn't settle for the cheapie Shures made in China. Oh and LIz ... a person with 14 posts on THIS forum alone is calling ME a troll? You've been at the mirror again Liz.

September 8, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  19. Liz Carter in Georgia

One more thing.. you say my venacular? If I remember correctly, LOUIS PASTEUR was French, therefore it probably would be pronounced 'LOUIE'. So if it's anybodys venacular, it seems to me it would be the Frenchs', not mine! Where did you get that Vladamir Putin told President Obama to get out of AFGHANISTAN, and he wasn't listening?..Was it some clowns lying talking point? MY OPINION if it's true is, had he made the decison to do that on Putins' opinion, Oh No! He's letting outsiders tell him what to do?!?

September 8, 2011 at 3:50 am |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

Well Lilz, I must admit I've mixed stories – it was Mikhail Gorbachev who advised BO to get out of Afghanistan, but it was Putin who told the POTUS that the very concepts he (the POTUS) was trying to erase were those that defeated the former Soviet Union. That was more than a year ago but it may as well have been a week ago as Putin changes his criticisms of the U.S. of A. on a daily basis. I admit the "Louie" reference was a barb, but if you can't spell "pasture", and realize that fact, then the least you can do is take a barb graciously. In one of my posts I misspelled "subterfuge" so I'll barb myself – there – I took the barb ....Ow-eeee! I'm in pain! I need a government program now! Perhaps Mr. Hoffa can help me (Naaah ... I already tried that "dead donkey"). Liz, the team of dual-shoed a**-kickin' mules who once signified the Teamster's Union we once knew havve long since been sold to the dog-food factory. Fat-asses in immaculately tailored suits run around doing busy work (when you can see them) and wear felt donkey ears to keep you voting "properly". They RUN you Liz – nobody runs me. "Dubya" made a few good decisions (advisors?) but he was in essence a consummate dumbass. McCain? Dumbass! Obama? Dumbass!

September 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
  20. Liz Carter in Georgia

Scrutinizer; I do truly have to address the unfair remark you made against Democrats as if they were the only ones against women voters and the black vote. None of those 'supremasts' in Congress back then wanted the voting rights passed for white women, nor the black people. IT WAS STILL 'A MANS' WORLD'...A WHITE MANS' WORLD; no matter what the party was! Nobody wanted that 'glass ceiling broken'! The DIXIECRAT/JIM CROW mindset infiltrated both parties! DEMS and REPUBS! They're the ones who didn't want it!

September 8, 2011 at 4:17 am |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

Liz, I'm going to agree with you in your contention that Democrats were not "the only ones" but it's a documented fact that the majority of those opposing the Black vote and Women's right to vote WERE Democrats. Sorry Liz, I don't write history, I simply read it and I don't manipulate it to fit "what I wiish had happened". It's a shameful past for all involved and I'm sure there were Republicans who voted against those to minority's rights to vote, but statistically, Democrats OWN that past (Lester Maddox anyone?). They run, they dodge, they deflect, they deny, they'll do anything to run from that past but there were eye witnesses who documented the travesty – sorry Liz, but "way back when" your party were mainstream racists. White Republicans were killed trying to set up voter registration for Blacks. Movies made in Hollywood (GEE! I wonder how THEY vote?) always gloss over that fact and I've seen a couple of movies that intimate the Southern poll-workers were ALL Democrats (HAAAHHH!). Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey cannot change history by making movies and the movie "Mississippi Burning" was a fictitious Hollywood accounting (version?) of a real-life tragedy. The plot of "Mississippi Burning" would have us believe the KKK had all but evaporated until some "brave liberals" fought against rednecks (purposefully intimated to be Republicans), and that the acts of these "brave liberals" sparked a rebirth of the KKK. THAT ... is simply revisionist. The facts are the KKK was alive and well and they had a known (and feared) presence in the Deep South. Look up the "Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission" and the "White Citizens' Council", then look up their members and their political-party affiliations (HOW THEY REGISTERED TO VOTE – AS DEMOCRATS). Liz, search your cranium and ask yourself if you really believe there were a bunch of white redneck Republicans running around in the woods with white hoods while having meetings with, and aligning themselves with both the "Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission" and the "White Citizens' Council". Republicans didn't even bother to challenge a Democrat incumbent in most Deep South districts. In fact in many Deep South states there were no Republican primaries until the mid-to-late 60's. Hmmm ... let's tally that up: hardly any Republicans in office when the oppression was ongoing, yet Democrats hang that millstone (THEIR millstone) around other's necks? What a weak and failed dodge of responsibility. Buck up there little Democrats – ya' gotta own your past. It won't hurt (much), I had to sit through 8 years of "Dubya" so hold your noses, tilt your collective heads back, and take a dollop of the medicine your Deep-South-Democrat predecessors brewed for you – it's YOURS ... OWN IT! Don't like it? Well I don't like being associated with slave-traders of yore simply because I'm white. The Dutch had the monopoly on slave-trading and black tribes captured and sold other black tribes to the Dutch. My "people" came through Ellis Island and I'm not Dutch. Isn't this a post about unions Liz? Well, in my last mainframe programming job I was (to be QUITE accurate) accosted by SEIU Representatives who offered me "monetary incentives" if I could sway my CIO to unionize our department. I was polite and let the SEIU people sit at my table as I ate lunch in the cafeteria – I held my powder but they were putting the pressure on so hard that I was on the verge of flicking a spoonful of Cobb Salad on their collective lapels (Huh-huh-huh ... you said ... "collective"). Yeah, I was "lunch-raped" against my will by the SEIU whom I tried to give an even chance to be civil – since my answer was a flat "no" they became agitated, contentious, and were it not for surveillance cameras they'd have been wearing my salad. They were overbearing, threatening THUGS (Gee, they must have been descendants of Deep-South segregationists – same tactics!). To revisit my Teamster's experience, my local held a "kangaroo vote" wherein they locked the doors to the hall and had a vote with "select" members" only. The result? They merged the dockworkers with the grocery clerks and brought our minimum starting wage from $11.78 down to just $7.80. Next, they allowed the (quite rich) business owners hire "new-hires" at $7.80 with a probationary period of 90 days. The "produce house" owners were allowed to hire and work employees for 89 days (that's just one (1) day under 90), then lay them off. After one day at home they'd call them back to work for ... you guessed it ... $7.80! That's right – these immigrants were NEVER going to be allowed to make 90 days so they could never vest time for retirement and never rise to a higher wage level. Local 630 is a BIG Teamster's concern in Los Angeles, yet "The International Brotherhood" oversaw and did not intervene (brother? hood? KKK? Bueller? Anyone?). My experience with the Teamster's is not isolated – the Teamster's Union has simply changed – money rules the day (AND policies) with today's Teamster's union. Democrats peeing on the shoes of minorities while whispering in their ears "(It's Raining!). Is this surprising? Deep-South or Southern California, it looks like the times they AIN'T a'changin. Black, Hispanic, who's next? The Asians? A). Convince them they're oppressed. B). Convince them Democrats are the only people who care about or could ever help them. C). Get their all-important DUES! D). Opress them or just look the other way while they are being oppressed as an ethnic group. E). Identify another ethnic group to dupe and start back at step A). Rope-a-Dope, Dupe-a-Group, it's all fakery and a means to an end. As with all Kommies, the end justifies the means. I've met Democrats who've told me "My family has always voted Democrat – straight ticket, and so do my kids". Well no such influence formed my political views – my Aunt and cousins were members of C.O.R.E. and wouldn't eat grapes when Cesar Chavez was marching. My Uncle (liberal anthropology professor) was watching the Watts riots on TV in the faculty lounge and saw my Aunt marching down Alameda Avenue with my pre-teen cousins in tow. He left work and raced down to 'riot central" and got them out of there. My Aunt (to my dismay) was made an honorary member of the Black Panthers. THAT'S the background I hail from Liz and I didn't let either political leanings within my family influence me – I watched, listened, and acted accordingly. Although I signed up for the Vietnam draft I also hung with a group of self-described "war protesters". They vandalized a National Guard Armory, vandalized (graffiti) opponent's campaign signs and spray-painted the windows of opponent's campaign headquarters. They were by any definition of the word "vandals". Conversely I knew my Dad was a staunch conservative and I didn't eat his pablum either. I saw faults with both sides and formed my own "hybrid" belief system. I don't follow anyone blindly, and with Obama you can bet I'm keeping my eyes open. I could care less what color the man is and care (just a little) less about what he says. It's what he actually does, and he's done some rotten things to date. If what he does doesn't poll well he makes up some excuse that he didn't mean "that" or "blah-blah and they don't know the whole story". Or he puts "lawnmower boy" Jay Carney out there to say "The President wasn't on stage and didn't hear the comments made by Mister Hoffa". Yeah Jay! We believe that! (NOT!) We're expected to believe the POTUS didn't have a sit-down with Hoffa pre-event? We're expected to believe he was busy watching iCarly while Hoffa spoke? Balderdash and supterfuge! Finally to your fact-barren statement "None of those 'supremasts' in Congress back then wanted the voting rights passed for white women, nor the black people": Spelling lesson first? OK! It's "supremists" Liz – you'll need to spell it properly so you can look up the Congressional voting statistics (both house and senate) to see just how "those supremasts" (sic) voted. I'll break the news to you gently Liz – there were almost NO elected Republicans in the South during the period you cite, which leaves us only one reality – Southern Democratic members in both branches voted in a landslide majority to maintain segregation. Tell us Liz, if there were no elected Republicans to vote how the "mindset infiltrated both parties"? Ohhh ... I gotcha' BUSH DID IT! The Women's right to vote? – settled a year before Liz. Forget history, believe what you'd prefer to believe (in Wonderland) and by all means don't miss your Kool-Aid ration. It contains special ingredients to "get your mind right". "What we have here, is failure to cogitate" (apologies to Cool Hand Luke). Continue on Lemmings.

September 8, 2011 at 11:54 am |
      • Liberals are losers

Screw the Unions as they have the coubtry
        those greedy Bastards are killing the nation
        the Auto workers are trying to get on track
        they realized they screwed up

September 8, 2011 at 12:54 pm |
  21. Liz Carter in Georgia

TCS; I told you I was posting from my cell phone. I'm unable to do but so many characters per entry. In order to complete my posts, I have to start over with a new one until I'm finished. DOES THAT BOTHER YOU? I still say you're a troll because ONE of your posted 'documentarys' takes up the same amount of room, if not more, as all 14 of mine! LOL! BTW, the word is supremacist, not 'supremists'! My spelling WAS closer; I did say 'supremasts'! The ideology's even refered to as White 'Supremacy'! Supremists?!

September 9, 2011 at 12:48 am |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

"My spelling WAS closer"; What's next Liz? Nyaaah-nyaah-nyah-nyaaaaah!? I graciously accepted when you caught me slipping on my spelling but you're STILL going back to look for more "gaffes"? Let's hear what you think of Longview? Can you find any fault there? There's what the defenders of the unions SAY about unions, then there's what those same unions actually DO.

September 9, 2011 at 11:00 pm |
  22. Liz Carter in Georgia

TSC; I wanted to reply or respond to a few more of your claims, but I really don't believe it will be considered nor accepted by arrogance, selfishness, pompousness, narcissisticness, genious/insanity, perfectionist, 'know-it-allness'. So the only thing I will say to you is, thank you for your service to this country and may you find some peace. May the Lord bless, save, keep and use you for the furtherance and building of HIS kingdom in heaven, as we've been trying to do here on Earth. Goodbye!

September 9, 2011 at 7:32 am |
    • The Central Scrutinizer

Let us merge our mutual hope that all people can find peace and set aside a few moments to think of yours and my 500 (plus-or-minus) "union brothers" who redecorated the railway yard in Longview, Washington today. What are they planning to do with the broken glass? Make a Lonshormen's Logo mosaic? Workers who are trained in stringent safety procedures cutting the brakelines on trains? VERY prudent and mature – when someone's home/s are crushed I'm sure the union's motives will trump any lives lost. Timing is everything; THERE ... is your modern-day longshoremen brothers of Teamsters. I just read history – they wrote it themselves. Nice talking to you "Union Sister". (BTW, none of the above has anything to do with my "arrogance, selfishness, pompousness, narcissisticness, genious/insanity, perfectionist, 'know-it-allness'" – what I wrote is just today's news. CAUTION: The aforementioned story may not be available on CNN.)

September 9, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
  23. The Central Scrutinizer

The leadoff in this story reads: "President Obama will mark Labor Day in Detroit, rallying with a pro-union crowd ". (t appears the rallying cry of "The Community Organizer In Chief" was heard loud and clear by the Longshoreman's Union in Seattle, WA. "Six guards were trapped for a couple of hours after at least 500 Longshoremen broke down gates about 4:30 a.m. and smashed windows in the guard shack. Most of the protesters returned to their union hall after cutting train brake lines and spilling grain from a car at the EGT terminal. They also pushed a private security vehicle into a ditch" (Source: komonews.com). This story is four (4!) days old, yet I searched CNN's Website repeatedly and never found a single mention of the incident. CNN had "boots on the ground" reporters in the immediate area – how else could they have published their story titled: "In post-9/11 America, no one is untouched"? The fact is CNN chooses NOT to cover stories which could (WOULD) reflect negatively on labor unions. The irony in Longview? The company the Longshoremen were striking against HAD a working contract with the Operator's Union which is an affilate of the Longshoreman's and the Teamster's union. Union-on-Union violence! Quite fitting methinks. I'm expecting CNN to insert a reference and back-date the story so they can "pretend" that "Ted's Non-News Network" is not biased in favor of the labor unions. The "Union-Moonies" on this forum act like Henry Ford was just milling around a vacant lot aimlessly until a "UAW Brother" put his arm on Henry's shoulder and said "Hank, why don't you conceive a self-propelled internal-combustion powered vehicle and we, the UAW, shall build it"! I personally do not prefer Ford vehicles but they were one of the last to go union and they didn't take any bailout money – BRAVO! In this ecomomy the Longshoremen are dumping grain people could be eating and vandalizing million-dollar equipment they "say" they want to work on? When will they get to work on that equipment? When it is finally repaired. And they "say" they're "saving jobs". How many people could have worked on those trains the next day had they not been vandalized? How many railway, grainery and food-processing workers didn't work (or get paid) because the Longshoreman's Union gave the order to "feed the seagulls"? Shouldn't the POTUS be condemning those actions publicly? He was probably getting fitted for new basketball-and-golf shoes – obviously he has more important business. Besides, when the criminal actions of unions serve to support the President's agenda I'm sure he sees it as serendipity and simply looks the other way. Carrying a union-card does not excuse ANYONE from being identified as a THUG, nor does it excuse your actions. THUGS!

September 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm |