September 23rd, 2011

Honduran president to pay Obama a visit

Just announced from the White House:

President Obama will host President Porfirio Lobo of Honduras at the White House on Wednesday, October 5. The President looks forward to discussing a broad range of bilateral and regional economic and security issues during their Oval Office meeting. The President also welcomes the opportunity to underscore the strong bonds of friendship between the American and Honduran people, as well as President Lobo’s efforts to restore democratic and constitutional order in Honduras and the country’s return to the Organization of American States earlier this year.

Topics: The News

1. Liz Carter in Georgia

YOU GO PRESIDENT OBAMA...Be all you can be! You're doing a great job as Commander-in-Chief. Ignore the haters, as you seem to also do well, and keep up the good work, Sir.

September 23, 2011 at 12:36 pm |
    • Joe

Obama dont give away the fort you Idiot Commander in chief my ass the guys a joke and the Military knows it

September 23, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
    • John

He is being all he can be – and to this point it isn't much. Just calling it like it is. SO from this article you see him doing good work good work? Please explain. May I could understand if he were simply a community organizer working in Hunduras. Oh well, at least they have "partially free press" down there. I guess more and more we are headed that way. Don't hear much of SolarGate or Government Gun Running in our press – what a surprise.

September 23, 2011 at 1:48 pm |
  2. Roger

The House will turn again in 2012 and Obama will be re-elected. That is if you want to keep a middle class in this country or at least what is left of it.

September 23, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
    • Nate

Live in fear much?

September 24, 2011 at 8:01 am |
  3. Liz Carter in Georgia

He is doing his job, for ONE thing! Ignoring you and all of your negative bashing against him as President of the United States! President Obama is out there, like every other President ought to have done or did do, trying to DRUM up more ECONOMIC opportunity 'BILATERALLY AND REGIONALLY' for this nation, America, and theirs! You would not have even questioned this movement or decision, had he been white! You're nothing but a racist American, who hates to see an African American man so intelligent!

September 23, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
    • John

What I agree with is that he is ignoring me and many Americans. As far as doing his job – he is ruining this country. If that is what his job is I guess he is doing it.

September 24, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
    • John

You constantly bring up race – would it surprise you to know I am a person of color? You are a true hater and racist, and from what I have seen in your comments in the past, a liar. But, I guess you fit right in with the lib crowd. You just can't understand people of color not agreeing with this guy – guess what – there are many of us out here. Stop drinking the cool aid. People like you are ruining this country by not questioning authority and following blindly.

September 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
      • James, AL

John, I am sure you have no idea of what the president is trying to do because of your statements. This is a true president for the people. We have not had one in decades. Because you see him pivoting left or right and listen to the media and republicans beat him for it, and then assume he must be doing something wrong, you are naive. If you truly are a person of color, then you should know how difficult it is to get recognition when you are right and get beat for the very hint of wrong-doing.

Given all the very, very perilous situations that he has had to deal with, I must say he has done a fantastic job as president. People like you need to look at where we were before he became president, and compare it to where we are. Everybody talk about how we need jobs, but few stop to think that we are not losing a half million jobs each month any more; for over fifty years, they were trying to change healthcare, now its done and we are scheduled to save almost a trillion dollars from it; and before President Obama, everybody fussed about our failing infrastructure and now he is trying to tackle it, but who is lifting a hand to support him. If a bridge collapses and someone gets hurt, President Obama will be the first one you will blame for not dealing with the infrastructure.

Bottom line John, give the man a freaking break!

September 24, 2011 at 1:57 pm |
      • Jay in NC

@ James, AL
        The initial claims for unemployment this week was 423,000. Almost 1/2 million people lost their jobs last week! Barry's policies have failed. You want to live in the past, well here and now people are suffering. Blame it on President Bush, blame it on the Republicans, so what. Your guy said he would fix the problem. Well, we are waiting...... ..... ....

Remember how he pushed the stimulus plan, claimed that unemployment would be below 8%, ha, was he wrong.

September 24, 2011 at 4:15 pm |
      • jean2009

@ James thank you for your thoughtful and wise comments.

September 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm |
  4. Drogo, who bit the dust

Wow, this meeting should really elevate Obama's standing on the world stage.

September 24, 2011 at 12:54 am |
  5. Liz Carter in Georgia

Thank you for your comment James, Al. @John, if you are a person of color who lives in this country, you wouldn't even have to question my comments. Call me a racist all you like Massuh John, I stick by my comments. Bottomline, your questioning of authority, all of a sudden, and finally awakened from your comas, is all about RACE! A person of color? What color? If you're claiming to be the one that I think you are, you and MICHAEL STEELE are the worst kind. You turn 'white supremists' into Pontius Pilates!

September 24, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
    • Jay in NC

So Liz, are you saying that the only reason you ever bash President Bush is because you do not like his race? The only difference between the two men is the color of their skin. You don't like white people, admit it.

September 24, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
      • jean2009

I have never seen Liz disrespect white people. She has disagreed with President Bush's failed policies which caused our current mess, but unlike you, she has not shown herself to be a racist.

September 24, 2011 at 6:45 pm |
  6. Liz Carter in Georgia

Thanks Jean. @Jay, No! I'm saying the only reason you and your ilk keep bashing, berating, denouncing, dismissing and disagreeing with PRESIDENT OBAMA is because you don't like his race! If the only difference between the two men is race, then what is your problem? Evidently, you enjoyed the BUSH years and thought he did such a good job, he's still your 'President'; 3 years after OBAMA was elected! So again, if the only difference between the two is the color of their skin..WHAT ELSE COULD BE YOUR PROBLEM?

September 24, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

Furthermore, I don't hate white people....I hate the twisted 'superior' minset of 'white supremasts'! Supremasts not only hate the so-labeled minority races...they even hate liberal 'white people' who support the righteousness of minority causes and the President! I also hate the continous and perpetual denial of its existance. I guess you and the rest of them think that if you keep calling me a racist, it will diminish the value of my comments on this blog; not working! OBAMA/BIDEN 2012! YES WE WILL AGAIN!

September 24, 2011 at 11:03 pm |