September 27th, 2011

Protester disrupts Obama event

An apparently-crazed protester interrupted President Obama Monday during a fundraiser at Los Angeles' House of Blues. Here's how official White House transcript reports what went down:

AUDIENCE MEMBER: The Christian God is the only true living God, the Creator of the heavens and the universe -

AUDIENCE: Booo - Four more years! Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!

THE PRESIDENT: Is that his jacket? Is that his jacket? Is that his jacket?

First of all, I agree Jesus Christ is the Lord. I believe in that. I do have a question, though. I think the young man may have left his jacket. (Laughter.) So make sure that he gets his jacket.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: That’s mine.

THE PRESIDENT: Oh, that’s yours? Hold on, hold on. It’s hers. (Laughter.) And I think somebody’s car keys are in there, too. See, we’re having all kinds of confusion here. Oh, goodness gracious. There you go. All right, I wasn’t sure. Don’t leave your jacket around like that. (Laughter.)

Well, listen, all right, where was I? It is good to be back in LA. (Applause.) Now, here’s the reason I’m here

One remark by the protester, according to the pool reporter present, that did not make it into the White House-released transcript: “Barrack Obama is the antichrist!"

Topics: Uncategorized

1. KatR

This is priceless. A protester calls Obama the anti-christ and Obama disproves it by showing Christlike concern for the guys jacket.

September 27, 2011 at 10:48 am |
    • love obama

fellows, it was staged. I am an out of work actor and went ahead and said my lines and Obama said his..wow! let me tell you what I did do later to get back at this jerk:
      I bought a very expensive plate at that dinner. Ate it. After 1/2 hour I farted and asked Barack to come over and say hello. I then asked him if he smelled a fire.
      I saw those ape like nostrils flare up and take a humongous wiff of my sh*t..he embarrassingly said: "No, but I think the cake is ready, though."
      I will tell my grand kids on how a president once smelled my sh*t.
      thank you.

September 27, 2011 at 7:53 pm |
      • skarphace

You really make me wish there was a 'report abuse' button on this forum.

September 28, 2011 at 1:20 pm |
      • Anthony Heyward

Your a moron, and I a racist. I hope when you die you come back as a black person so you can know what its like to experience veiled racism at the hands of nuts...you certifiable pig. I guess your choice of ape nostrils has nothing to do with race. I hope the next guy in office does something to really screw your finances and life up. Your on your way to hell...I promise.

September 28, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
      • Steve

you do realize you called him a moron and yourself a racist right? That is what you said. Just sayin. lol

October 4, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
  2. Brian

Obama is a horrible president.

September 27, 2011 at 11:22 am |
    • MDDon

I will take Obama any day over the last president or and of the candidates to run against him. At least he is intelligent.

September 28, 2011 at 10:02 am |
    • Vorps

He's better than anyone the GOP will produce in the next 8 years.

September 28, 2011 at 10:33 am |
  3. AmericanLady

This obnoxious protestor (let's call him what he is, he's not crazy) was shown up by a soft spoken Christian man. This president has repeatedly shown that his character is stronger than that of those who attack him.

September 27, 2011 at 1:01 pm |
    • AnAmericanmom

Christian President.. Hussein? Since when.. and what was that –Church– oh the Crazy house of Wright..

September 28, 2011 at 11:32 am |
      • skarphace

'Hussein'? Really? His middle name, which he did not choose himself, by the way, has an effect on what you think about him as a person? There is a name for people like you: bigot.

September 28, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
  4. Guardian

Correction: crazed protester interrupted a Crazed President Obama

September 27, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  5. surf's up2010

anyone who questions Obama is crazed...isn't that right CNN? haha... liberal media bias...that's why we have a community organizer as president...thanks for the 10% unemployment.

September 27, 2011 at 3:09 pm |
    • Yes It's Definitely All Obama's Fault

Debt Clock for 2000: US making money and paying off debts when Bush enters his first term

Debt Clock for 2004: US Budget Surplus replaced with US Budget Deficit of $404,024,575,000 (404 billion dollars and rising)

Debt Clock for 2008: Budge Deficit still around 400 billion, US Debt owed reaches 50 Trillion

Yep, this definitely looks like Obama's doing.

September 28, 2011 at 1:38 pm |
  6. TGD

Good the hear that the audience wants to give Jesus Christ four more years as "the only true living God". After all the crap that goes on here on Earth I wonder if he will take four more years. He might just hang it up and leave it to some other god.

September 27, 2011 at 3:20 pm |
  7. kate

Unfortunately, this is an excellent example of the profound ignorance of scripture that is rampant in the church today since Obama bears no resemblance to the Anti Christ. He would be universally popular, and obviously he's not.

Perhaps if these ignorant loudmouths spent a little more time studying scripture and living lives that are supposed to exemplify their purported faith, lives of kindness, love and mercy, and a little less time worrying about politics, they would be less of an embarrassment to the faith.

September 28, 2011 at 3:30 am |
    • shawn

I second your thoughts

September 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
  8. Al Ragucci

You forgot one reason many far right Christian conservatives might consider him the Antichrist-his skin color.

September 28, 2011 at 10:20 am |
    • skarphace

Yup. More and more I am coming to one conclusion: Evangelical = KKK.

September 28, 2011 at 1:07 pm |
      • Anthony Heyward

So happy someone said it, its the truth. All of sudden a president gets called an Ape, tar baby, the antichrist. The first lady gets depicted as a fat mammified woman eating fried chicken and suddenly middle america sprouts up with the Tea Party and "wants their country back" as one crazed woman said at a rally. When did you lose your country, the economy has been tanking way before Obama took office. So ask the question, what did some of these bigits lose since January of 2009. I'll answer it too, perhaps they have simply lost their minds.

September 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
  9. Patrick Campbell

I am glad Obama became president so all the racists and nuts in the United States are
    coming out of the woodworks and exposing themselves.Thank god there are more people with common sense.
    We need to bundle up all the nut crackers and send them to exile.

September 28, 2011 at 10:23 am |
    • shawn

wyoming ? 🙂

September 28, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
  10. CowboyToo

If evangelicals would only read their bible, they would know that the antichrist cannot possibly be Barack Obama.
    The description in the bible doesn't fit him at all. These people are ignorant.

September 28, 2011 at 11:04 am |
    • skarphace

I wouldn't say that they are ignorant. I would say that they are purposefully using the bible to further their own white supremist agenda. This agenda has one purpose when it comes to Obama: to make our President look so bad that American voters never make the mistake of voting a non-pure-white man into the Presidency again.

This is why they keep saying 'Obama is a horrible President' over and over. Not because it is true, but because they feel that if they say it often enough other people will come to believe it is true.

September 28, 2011 at 1:16 pm |
  11. ogalsnorf

I am one of those Bible thumping right wing conservatives. And no, Obama is not the anti-Christ. Obama is clueless. I do not believe the man understands anything that is going on around him or the path he is being lead down. Now that my sound unkind but I have hope he will wake up and see what is happening. Any true study of eschatology will tell you that the anti-christ will not be revealed until that seven year deal is made with Isreal. And it is my personal thought that the anti-christ will be younger and unmarried.

September 28, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  12. Rem

Christians have been given the task to go and preach the word that people may be saved and come to the knowledge of the true and living God. There is nothing anyone can do to stop the will of God or the scriptures from being fulfilled. Let us stop all speculations and be occupied in the task committed to our hands. God is love ( though He hates sin, evil) and does not want anyone to perish.

September 28, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
  13. skarphace

Our current President has had to put up with more crap than any previous President, and he has taken it with dignity. I do not agree with all of his policy decisions, but I definitely respect the man.

Crap about his name, crap about his birth place, crap about him being a socialist/communist, crap about his 'Kenyan Economics', crap about him hating America, crap about him being the 'Messiah', crap about him being a Muslim and going to a school that taught jihad, crap about him being antisematic, crap about him being racist against his own race, crap about him being the antichrist, the list could go on and on.

When it all comes down to it, though, these 'evangelicals' still do not have the courage to come right out and say what they really hate him for: his race. They cannot stand the fact that our country is being led by someone who is not lilly white. The rest of us know better, though, and can see these 'evangelicals' for what they really are: white supremists.

September 28, 2011 at 12:45 pm |
    • noXcuses

amen.....i dont agree with all of his policies, but that surely does not make him hitler....lol

September 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm |
  14. lidonit

I am appalled by such racist paranoid hatred against this president. I knew he would have a difficult time, but I never expected that so many leaders in our country would take this kind of vitriol and use it for fuel to run the flames of their political gains. Folks at GOP debates applauding death for a man with out health insurance and booing a gay soldier.
    If we think there can not be another holocaust, remember words from Elie Wiesel's book, "Night."
    "the story of how a cultured people turned to genocide, and how the rest of the worl, also composed of cultured people, remained silent in the face of genocide." Hatred builds up slowly but will spread quickly if not contained.

September 28, 2011 at 1:14 pm |
    • skarphace

I actually think that in the long run all this overt racism is a good thing. Think of it as a festering wound. If left alone the wound will get more infected and the subject could die. The only way to treat this kind of wound is to open it up, clean it out, sterilize it, and dress it.

We are in the 'open it up' phase. When this kind of racism is in the open it can be fought. Now comes the painful process, which is to clean it out. Unfortunately, it looks like we are out of analgesics. I wish us all well.

September 28, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  15. Jonathan

Look, I'm not commenting on the content of this article or on the event. I never comment on these things but I really wanted to share something on this one. Coverage of this topic is so far behind that it is laughable. Either Mr. Mooney has only recently become aware that some radical evangicals are publicly calling Obama the Antichrist or he has only recently felt compelled to share it. Either way, this topic is older than Mr. Obama's presidency.

September 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm |
  16. Liz Carter in Georgia

Right AmericaLady! @scarphase; I've been blowing that warning trumpet out on this 'whiteblogs' about the racism being spewed from one end to the other; cowardly hidden under the covering of greed and politics for 3 years! I've been blasted over and over by 'racists enthusiasts' and devils' advocates for even having the gall to point it out. They've flipped the script on me by calling me a racist, angry because I stand up to its' ugly face! This whole dog & pony show conspiracy reaks of racism and biggotry.

September 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
  17. Fantical Christians

What is up with the religious right? They act so unchristian it is amazing. They pluck only portions of the bible to thrust onto the rest of the nation and think that is okay. But if they looked at their own sleves, they would find themselves very unchristian.

September 29, 2011 at 10:14 am |