'Titanic struggle' to get Obama reelected?
September 27th, 2011

'Titanic struggle' to get Obama reelected?

Looks like Axe is playing the expectations game in New Hampshire, proclaiming Obama's reelection bid will be a "titanic struggle."

CNN's Rachel Streitfeld has the story:

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) – In a blunt admission Tuesday, Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod acknowledged the president's re-election bid would be a "titanic struggle" in the face of the slumping economy and unpopular partisan gridlock in Washington.

"We had the wind at our back in 2008," he said. "We don't have the wind at our backs in this election. We have the wind in our face because the American people have the wind in their faces."

Axelrod told a New Hampshire audience the president was "on the right side of the struggle" and would ultimately triumph over his GOP competitors in 2012.

More HERE

Topics: Uncategorized

1. Saleem Noorali

We need more people like M. Moore. He has genuine love for this country. I feel Obama has a good heart and really wants to improve the lives of all American but we have bitter Repulicans who want to see him get destroyed. It is unfortunate that they care more about their seats and politics than the country. Americans wake up before it is too late.

September 27, 2011 at 1:20 pm |
  2. Justin

Obama never promised things would be easy. Also with a name like Barack Hussien Obama did we think it would be easy for him? Obama has my full support again. Those running for president in the GOP are horrible and would only make things worse not better. For the GOP crazy is better & its un- popular to have political expirence or to be smart. GOP supporters are ok with living in a fact free society where craziness & bible thumping are the norm. You hear alot of negative remarks about Obama these days mostly from the GOP. What is not taken into consideration is Obamas die hard supporters & trust me there are many of us. It doesnt take moderate independants into consideration either. Next year as the election gets closer we will start to raise our voice again. The voters that matter are not going to vote for someone like Perry at the end of the day. Obama or crazy. Obama 2012.

September 27, 2011 at 1:26 pm |
  3. Joe

Obama' an idiot!

September 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm |
    • jboh

Are you the idiot who is not really Joe, and not really a plumber?

September 28, 2011 at 7:30 am |
    • LOL

A) You are the idiot who probably doesn't even have a proper education as you say "Obama an idiot" like a moron who cannot spell properly.

B) Get out of your mother's basement and see the sunlight, it might burn for a while, but you'll get used to it.

C) Republitards are the only idiots in this country, How can you possibly support a bunch of idiots who flip flop every other day just to get elected and favor only the top 1% of the country and greedy corporations?

September 28, 2011 at 3:20 pm |
  4. GOP = LOL

Well, since the GOP has no candidate... Obama will get this one easy!

September 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
  5. ODIrony

Er um.... Someone did tell Mr Axelrod that the Titanic sank during its maiden voyage, didn't they? What a major-slip up of a comment! Set the DVRs for all the late show comedians tonight!

September 27, 2011 at 3:03 pm |
  6. Rick McDaniel

I have zero use for Axlerod, and his political games.

The people of this country simply have to ask themselves.......did Obama improve the country, or are you worse off now, than you were before?

The answer is pretty obvious, and no matter what your political party is, you should recognize that when you are worse off, you are better off to gamble with the alternative, than continue down the current path of failure.

September 27, 2011 at 3:05 pm |
    • Dem2012(2.0)

Actually, I am better off, so that argument does not hold for me. A bigger question is how to get the people who do not have a skillset/ education for the jobs that are currently available back to work. What job can you do if you only know manufacturing? And… BTW...there will be no more manufacturing jobs in the USA. China and India now have those jobs.

September 27, 2011 at 9:12 pm |
    • SiriusVH

Well, if Bush 2 had not destroyed the economy and if your little friends in Congress had not done their best to block every of Obama's moves, maybe, by now the economy might be better. Thanks for sinking the ship, you guys did a great job!

September 28, 2011 at 2:50 am |
      • John h

I could not have said it better. President Bush caused the problem and everybody wants to blame the current president. The real issue here is the Republican party and what they can put in their own pockets, the rich, Special Interest Groups, Wall Street, and the Lobyists, "and not what is best for the American people".

September 28, 2011 at 8:22 am |
      • Joe

@SiriusVH, Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and Executive Branch for two years. I'm no fan of GWB, but blaming Republicans for Obama "not getting things done" is a little misguided.

September 28, 2011 at 10:11 am |
    • jboh

Yeah, gamble on the TEA/GOP garbage that got us in this mess. You are an idiot.

September 28, 2011 at 7:31 am |
  7. Bob in Kansas City

An election is a 'Titanic struggle'?.......try telling that to those who made an ultimate sacrifice for those pompous asses in DC.

September 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm |
  8. California Conservative

OMG = Obama Must GO!!!!!!!!!!

September 27, 2011 at 3:16 pm |
    • jboh

Back to the White House for 4 more years. TEA trash should go in the garbage dump.

September 28, 2011 at 7:33 am |
      • California Conservative

So in your pea little brain anyone against Obama is "Tea trash"? Not going to spew blaming Bush and screaming racism anymore? Tactics have changed a bit?

Anyone voting for Obama clearly and obviously doesn't have a brain.

September 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
  9. Dem2012

Let's get real people.. The real Idiots is the House

September 27, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
    • mikle

100% agree.

September 28, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  10. Ordnry1

What choices do we have? Obama vs. Romney or Perry? Regardless of whoever wins the 2012 election, the country will not get better any time soon unless the Senate and Congress show genuine interest in the betterment of the citizens of this once great country rather than playing political games and promoting self interests. For better or worse, I am voting for Obama. The Republicans in the Congress failed to prove to me that they could do better for us than the Obama Administration.

September 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
  11. NW1000

What a boob.
    Comparing the Boob's campaign to the Titanic?
    Let's put an iceberg named Hillary out to sea...
    Do us ALL a favor.

September 27, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
  12. Jremo

Based on the republican candidates I say we're better off with Obama nuff said.

September 27, 2011 at 8:28 pm |
  13. Anthony Heyward

Obama's re-election will be a "titanic struggle" only because a majority of American voters are idiots. Yeah I said it.

September 27, 2011 at 9:10 pm |
    • C-Lo

You're absolutely correct. If the American People weren't idiots there would be no "re-election" struggle because he wouldn't have been elected the first time.

September 30, 2011 at 3:01 pm |
      • Anthony Heyward

and your exhibit A.

October 2, 2011 at 4:16 am |
  14. Sam the younger

Take my work for it Obama is history. We the people are sending a very LOUD message to Washington.

NO MORE TAXES INCREASES
    NO MORE SOCIAL SECURITY
    NO MORE MEDICARE
    NO MORE SPENDING MONEY WE DON'T HAVE
    NO MORE OBAMA.

September 28, 2011 at 11:24 am |
  15. byeobama

na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, GOODBYE BAMSTER!!

September 28, 2011 at 11:43 am |
  16. California Conservative

Obama IS the Titanic and the iceberg is truth, justic and the American way.

Obama's going DOWN!!!

September 28, 2011 at 12:01 pm |
  17. Ray E. Georgia

Well,
    There are some cute posts here. I will give you that Obama is trying. But things are still stagnated for the most part. Back when FDR was elected folks got lazy and put the Government in charge of their lives. BIG Social Programs were put in place and everything was supposed to be Hunky Dory. But it all went south. We are in no better shape than they were in the 1930's. If you want to be sucessful you had better start booking your own life because when push gets to shove, it's going to be everybody for himself. When the money runs out guess who will be left holding the bag? You! Blaming somebody else for you plight may sound good, but nobody is going to care except the liberals, who already spent all the other people's money. Savvy?

September 28, 2011 at 12:47 pm |
  18. Liz Carter in Georgia

C-Lo: OBAMA had been vetted just like everyone else up there was..he qualified as one of the best candidates in the whole group of them! Oh, but you say we American people were ALL idiots for voting for him, huh? We idiots will vote do it again! You'll choke on everyone of those words one day; if not maybe your children and grandchildren will have to...be careful of what you say because words always come back to kick you in the a**! You know they're mightier than sword! And C-Lo, you've really been wording!

October 4, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
    • C-Lo

"been wording?" Sorry liz, don't know what that means, please explain. If you mean "offensive" take a look in the mirror at your "teabagger" comments et al. You know where I stand. I am against big gov't and Obama has been the epitomy of big gov't. Libs love big gov't. I am afraid my children and grandchildren are going to "choke" on the massive debts we are mounting on them by the second.

as far as the idiots comment, Anthony said the majority of Americans are idiots, and I mearly agreed with him, as it took a majority to vote Obama in (same logic, different outcome). I think the left was as fooled by Obama as the right was by Bush and I've state my disapproval of the specific programs of each and why, but to reitterate, it was foolish to bring in a relatively young, inexperienced "leader" if you felt the country was in such bad shape. Maybe it harkend back to the Kennedy era, I don't know. What I do know is that if a company is struggling, you don't replace the CEO with a customer service agent, you look for someone with leadership experience. Obama has not done the job you so deeply want to credit him with. I don't deny that the it takes longer than a couple years to get a country on track, but there is no progress at all in that direction. If it was a grease fire when Bush left, Obama's solution has been to throw water on it to put it out.

Is that "wording" enough? (sorry a little snide).

October 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
    • C-Lo

And I hope you take notice too, Liz, that I don't "jump on the bandwagon" with things like his "vacations," CBC, million$ busses, etc.

October 4, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
  19. Liz Carter in Georgia

Yes, I have noticed you weren't that petty as to whine and cry about his vacations, his wife and familys' trips and his uses of Air Force One and Marine One; as well as the media so-called million dollar busses and CBC. I say to you, thankyou on behalf of Americas' First Family and the Democratic Administration for that little blessing, however, I used 'wording' in its' relation to 'swording'. GET IT? The 'word' is mightier than the 'sword'? Meaning words carry more power than the sword! Get it C-Lo? LOL!

October 5, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
    • C-Lo

Ah...didn't get the connection, now I do. And I won't deny that I have been "wording." And that's what some of this banter lends itself to. If you could see me when I'm typing some of those responses, I've got a S**t eatin' grin on my face because I know it's going to ruffle some feathers!

October 5, 2011 at 4:30 pm |
  20. Liz Carter in Georgia

...As far as your agreement with Anthony, that's your choice but I was talking to you. When you agree with what a 'teabagger' has said...you said it too! I don't believe that most American voters are 'idiots'. If you say we were, you're wrong! Ooops! Sorry! We may have been 'idiots' back during the time we let BUSH steal the race from GORE and allowed the Supreme Court to hand him over to us on a Silver Platter! We may not totally be recovering from that 'idiotic' period for a while now! So get used to it!

October 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
    • C-Lo

You didn't follow that "dialog" between Anthony and myself quite right, I think. I understood Anthony to say that Obama would not be facing a challenge if, in his opinion, the majority of Americans weren't idiots, i.e. non-idiots would be voting for O, making him anti-Lipton. I pointed out the fact that the majority of Americans voted for O, so by default, per his statement, that makes voting for O an idiotic choice by his "logic" making me a pro-Luzianne.

From what I remember about Anthony (haven't gone back to look) I think he's further left than you.

Also, Liz, still wating to see your comparison of O to Paul...have you posted that?

These comments and more brought to you by Celestial Seasonings.:-)

October 5, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
      • C-Lo

P.S. that exchange with Anthony was part of my snideness coming out, kind of like a check-raise in poker.

October 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
  21. Liz Carter in Georgia

Oh as far as my 'teabagger' comment...sorry, but don't you GOP/Teapartyers make fun of our partys' name too? 'DemoNcrats' Libtards, etc. Yep..sometimes we do come back at you with our versions of your party names too you know. LOL!.

October 5, 2011 at 5:02 pm |
    • C-Lo

Yeah, there's 3rd graders everywhere! I try to avoid it, but sometimes just can't. Usually, what I find, though is that doing so just reinforces the brick walls we are all putting up, and reduces the ability to have an open dialog. Example–the Solyndra story with Jim, DK (i think) and myself discussing Ron Paul. There was another I had with, Ronald or Richard, maybe I loose track. And many that I've had with you. But those are the discussions I pine for. Hard to find amid all the "noise" on these blogs.

October 5, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  22. Liz Carter in Georgia

Yes...I answered your question to me about Ron Paul. After a little more thought I agreed with you. I will have to look back on my hand-held device and find the date and time to point you to it, or since you can see a full screen of entries, maybe it will be easier for you to look it up. I can only see one thread at a time.

October 10, 2011 at 6:42 pm |