Obama applauds EU over Greece plan
Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas shakes hands with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, as EU leaders reach an agreement to solve Europe's debt crisis.
October 27th, 2011

Obama applauds EU over Greece plan

President Obama just issued the following statement on the deal the EU has made with Greece.

We welcome the important decisions made last night by the European Union which lay a critical foundation for a comprehensive solution to the Eurozone crisis. We look forward to the full development and rapid implementation of their plan. We will continue to support the EU and our European allies in their efforts to address this crisis as we work together to sustain the global recovery and put our people back to work.

Topics: The News

1. MTATL67

I am not sure if it irony or laughable that countries that have gone to war over the years killing millions of each other. A war that drug the entire world into their conflict can now come together to help out a member state but in this country Republicans have become such obstructionists that they would rather see millions of Americans out of work, thousands of business go under and communities go without teacher, fire fighter and police..and for what because they don't like the President.

October 27, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
    • steveo

Dems foot drug because they did not Bush either. Both sides do it, Both sides are culpable! Dems obstructed under Bush and they will obstruct under the next GOP president. Why? The right cannot bear to credit the left for much and the same is true the other way around and the people are stuck in the crossfire! Yet we keep voting the same folks in year in and year out! Maybe we are just as culpable!

October 27, 2011 at 1:43 pm |
      • marilyn

I am Demo, but I never remembered a time when the Republicans were this bad that they would rather watch their people starve and the country crash and burn just because they don't like the black president. They do not have to agree with the black president policies, but they do need to agree that the people need them to work together to save this country....even though it is not in their best interest. It was the Republicans who bankrupted the country who say the need to spend trillion of dollars on wars and destruction.......it is Obama who see the need to spend money on the people to save the country and economy.......

October 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm |
      • Steveo

Marilyn, Personally skin color is not my focus since I am black myself. I am focused on policy! I know not everybody thinks like me and yes there are those who focused on skin color! No one can deny that fact! I am concerned about the over spending, ESPECIALLY since a large portion of that spending is borrowed money! So yes, it started under Bush but it has exploded under Obama (whether he is black, blue,green or polka dotted).

You said "but they do need to agree that the people need them to work together to save this country....even though it is not in their best interest"

I am conflicted with your statement. First, I fully agree that those in DC need to work on saving this country. The second part of your statement bothers me. I interpret your statement as meaning it is not in the best interest of the GOP to save this country. IF that is what you mean, I am not so sure I can tell how strongly I disagree with that. It behooves us all to save this country. The problem is the GOP do not agree with the Dems on how to do it and vice versa. I fee we have too many people looking credit and political capital! ON BOTH SIDES ! Folks forgot how to compromise!

October 27, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
      • bwrits

Steveo, or whoever you are, you're full of it. You have no idea how credit and capitalism work, unless you are a part of either. If you have children, you'd better sav every dime for them. I promise you they will need it with your way of thinking because they will NOT be able to earn it under the Republicans regime.

October 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
      • steveo

bwrits

---------
        Pretty much laughable since Obama has almost spent more in three years than Bush in eight! As for your last sentence, I am saving now and we are under a DEM administration! I understand both parties are at fault. You have every right to keep cheerleading the Dems and blaming the GOP, if you like but reality says both parties are failing us! If you objectively read what I have written, I have said that over and over. Credit when credit is due (both sides) and calling out when calling out is due (both sides).

I am sure you will credit Clinton for growth in the economy, right? Clinton learned how to compromise with a GOP -led Congress! For rthat reason we had growth. Once again, BOTH parties!

October 28, 2011 at 10:10 am |
      • bwrits

I understand compromise and giving credit where credit is due. I would say GOP needs to pull head out of sand, but they know exactly what they're doing. TRYING to bringing Obama and this economy to its knees. McConnell on our President less than one year in office: "our number one goal is to make Obama a one term President." Not to work with the President to create jobs, not to help the uninsured have access to the same healthcare as himself (did you know there's a hospital on-site for Congress?"). Steadfastly refusing to let the Bush tax cuts expire is compromising? Laying off workers and making them homeless is compromising. You can keep saying this President isn't trying, but it won't make it true. But I must give it to the Repubs, they stick together, no matter what. Wish I could say the same for a few of the Democrats. But, again, 2012 is right around the corner. We 99%er's voices WILL be heard and supressing voter registrations with GOP tactics will NOT work.

October 28, 2011 at 10:19 am |
      • Trace

steveo,

I hope after our back and forth, between you, Jean2009, C-Lo and myself, you aren't back to posting partial truths(?)

Democrats voted with Bush 40% of the time. Look it up. This includes for unfunded wars...which was a huge mistake by both parties. However, Republicans have voted with Obama only 10% of the time.

So, please don't try to appear that the current state of our politics is somehow equitable. It appears to me, and a majority of americans, the GOP/Tea Party are now State of the Art ; OBSTRUCTIONISTs. Are you able to prove otherwise?

October 28, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
      • C-Lo

@ Trace:

Just to play the Devil's advocate, does the 40% agreement from the dems during Bush mean that he was actually more of a centrist than Obama, offering policies that were more easily digested by the left? I know your answer–you don't have to get upset over it. Just looking at it from a different angle (not even saying I necessarily agree). However, what types of agreement did Bush get easily...Big Gov't spending–Med part D, No child left behind, home ownership for all, etc. I still contend Bush was actually a Democrat (big gov't sympathiser) with conservative initiatives. Romney is his opposite, smaller DC with liberal initiatives (Romneycare?)

October 28, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
      • steveo

---
        1. I previously stated the number goal should be to heal this country! I disgree with McConnell. That makes compromise impossible. I agree with you!

2. If the goal is to let the Bush tax cuts expire, why didn't the Dems tackle that when they had a super majority? (Both independents normally vote with the Dems). Was it not possible then? I contend it was but that was not the Dem focus! The sole focus under the Dem super majority was health care and health care only! Remember the GOP was often locked out (which also eliminates compromise)! Remember at one time the President himself said to increase taxes in this economy would not be helpful. That will be the result, a tax increase including on the middle class, the same group the Dems like to claim they are championing. How about we cut spending and close corporate loop holes and get GE to pay their taxes first?

3. Show me one time in anything I have written that shows me stating the President was not trying. I never said thatI I will say there is massive disagreement on somethings he wants to try! That is the nature of politics

4. As for jobs, that best thing the government can do is create an environment favorable to the creation of jobs! That is not happening and again, thank you Dems and GOP for that failure! There is too much of a "my way or the highway" mentality in DC" BOTH sides!

5. I fully know about the hospital in Congress and about Bethesda as well.

6. Who is laying off workers? The GOP? Nope! Not even the Dems. We gave Solyndra 1 half billion and THEY STILL laid off workers! Could it be bad policy and decisions that are causing people to get laid off?

7. I think it is too generous for you to speak for the entire 99%, which I am a member of!

8. Is it voter suppression to ask for ID? You can't even cash a check without ID but it's perfectly OK to vote for the most powerful man/women in the world with out one? Sorry but voter intimidation happend a few years ago in Philly! Nothing came of that, did it?

9. Clinton compromised, Clinton worked with the GOP led Congress! Not so much now! I don't remember Clinton blaming Bush 41. Maybe he did , I just don't member! I am hearing calls for civility on Monday and then bashing on Tuesday! Which one is it?

October 28, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
    • Howard

obama will say, or do anything to get reelected.
      obama is a shameless, self-serving con man ...
      the main stream media are his shills ...
      and, the American people are his marks !!!

October 27, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
      • marilyn

Politicians who would do anything in their power to get elected even if it means destroying the country is shameful and unpatriotic......Of course the Republicans brainwashed their followers that the new-patriotism is to let our great country fail and not lift a finger to help it because it will make the black president look bad; this is shameful. Even the Europoens are capable of much better than what our Republicans are doing to us!

October 27, 2011 at 4:47 pm |
      • bwrits

How to train your tea party repuglican
        Step 1: Repeat after me…The sky is “green”, the sky is “green”, the sky is “green”, the sky is “green”.
        Step 2: What color is the sky? If you say “blue”, go back to Step 1. If you say the sky is “green”, Congratulations! You are a tea party repuglican!

October 27, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
      • bwrits

Are you locked in a padded cell someplace with no windows?

October 28, 2011 at 10:34 am |
      • Trace

Grow up Howard, you sound like a Junior High Schooler with the name calling. Is it a lack of intellect, ability to articulate your criticisms or are you just promoting the fact our electorate is filled with ignorance that would any credence to your verbal diarrhea?

Howard, just once try posting something with a salient point. Most people are formally educated and/or critical thinkers....neither of which could I relate to any post I've ever seen from you.

October 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
  2. Rick McDaniel

That does save Obama's neck........as it helps the markets here. However, I will still oppose him, at every turn, as he is an absolute total spendthrift, who is bankrupting this country, from within.

October 27, 2011 at 2:19 pm |
    • John

Listen, What has obama done wrong that BUSH, did not? how can you blame someone for having to come in and mop up this mess and then say HE is bankrupting our country when bush decided to bankrupt it by having a 10 year war? I mean he was the biggest Idiot in our Presidential History.

October 27, 2011 at 2:40 pm |
    • steveo

Rick,
      In all fairness the crazy spending did not start with President Obama, but instead, President Bush BUT is was wholeheartedly continued under this administration! IFyou want to be fair! I keep hear the spend our way out mantra but if borrowing is required to spend (and it is) that mantra makes no sense at all

October 27, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
      • Howard

In all fairness ... obama ran on the premise of demonizing Bush, as he promised unprecedented transparency ... but, in reality, obama dramatically out spent Bush, and has proven to be the least transparent President in history.
        Obama's policies have resulted in Afghanistan siding with Pakistan against America ... creating a Libya that goes sharia (with thousands of missing stinger missles) ... an Iraq which will be taken over by Iran ... and, the rest of the middle east, who we depend on for oil, to line up against us ... while throwing our strongest mid-east ally, Israel, under the bus. In the mean time, Obama has diverted, blocked, or stopped all new oil drilling in the U.S.A., in favor of his impractical, inequitable, ineffective green pixie dust ... leaving America dependent on our adversaries for our energy ... and, all of this, while dramatically increasing our debt, and lowering our credit rating ...now, that's what I call terrible leadership. obama will say, or do anything to get reelected.
        obama is a shameless, self-serving con man ...
        the main stream media are his shills ...
        and, the American people are his marks !!!
        SAVE AMERICA ... DUMP obama as soon as possible !!!

October 27, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
      • Steveo

Bush has kept quiet concerning the current administration, Obama has not returned the favor and courtesy! I agree with that. Your points are valid but we also cannot deny the foundation of excessive spending started under Bush and has become steroid ladened under Obama! I still believe policy attacks are cool and IMO personal attacks are not! Just my opinion!

October 27, 2011 at 6:01 pm |
      • jean2009

@ Howard...demonizing Please! If telling the truth about the situation he found on taking office is demonizing and the shoe fits, then so be it. He certainly didn't run on that premise.

He outspent President Bush...sorry fellow...that dog won't hunt. President Bush was not running for a third term. If memory serves the election was between the current President, and John McCain and the ditz from Alaska. McCain decided to go for public campaign funds which meant his limit could not top $84 million.

As usual Howard trying for a Mulligan on history. .

What premise do you think the current dingos(Teaparty/Libertarian/neo-Nazi/John Birchers) are currently running on?
        What is this desire to give credit for everything President Obama has accomplished to the previous holder of the office all about?
        What premise do you think they ran on during the last election?
        Where did all the smears and questions about race, birthplace, religion come from?

You must have a serious case of amnesia.

October 28, 2011 at 1:10 pm |
      • C-Lo

@ Jean:

Can I ask you a favor, even though you find me revolting? Please stop adressing Howard. based on his cut/paste postings, I'm guessing he's basically a troll and you're adressing him justifies his methods.

October 28, 2011 at 1:13 pm |
    • marilyn

Some unfoolish and unhateful hard working honest folks believe the ability of the Europeons working toward a successful end will save the neck of its people and help to lift a great country back-up so that everyone will benefit is what elected officials suppose to try to do! Unlike the American Republicans who would rather China rule the US than a black president.

October 27, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
    • SiriusVH

Rick,
      Why don't you read a bit and develop some real knowledge instead of covering yourself with ridicule by making this kind preposterous comment? I would suggest you to start with Saint Reagan. If you want to know how a President can drive a country into debt, start with Reagan. Then, move to Bush 2 (Bush 1 was a relatively responsible man, unlike his son).

October 27, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
      • bwrits

Sirus, Rick doesn't want knowledge. He revels in ignorance. Just like a spoiled child, he doesn't want to play if game isn't played by the rules and colors he likes.

October 28, 2011 at 12:04 am |
      • Trace

Sirius,

Give it up. You are an intelligent person trying to converse with a word salad of Obama criticism, called Rick.

This person doesn't need facts or basis for his posts. Rick is a member of the lowest common denominator society, and simply spouts bumper sticker slogans, hoping he will get awarded a patented phrase for the Tea Party Movement. Blame Sarah (in it for the $'s) Palin for the vapid remarks.

October 28, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
  3. This Is Your Brain On Tea:

Contrary to the absurd claims by certain conservative pinheads, only a small sliver of the current deficit is due to new Obama policies. The CBO estimated in 2001 that we would run annual surpluses of more than $800 billion from 2009-2012. What are the causes of the roughly 2 trillion dollar swing from surpluses to the current deficits? David Leonhardt (NY Times) has answered the question:

1. Business cycle: 37% (2 recessions and the associated nosedive in tax revenues and increases in safety-net spending)
    2. Bush legislation: 33% (e.g. tax-cuts, Medicare prescription drug benefit)
    3. Obama extension of Bush policies: 20% (e.g tax cut extension, Iraq war, extension of Bush bank bailout)
    4. Obama stimulus: 7%
    5. Other Obama spending: 3% (e.g healthcare, education)

President Obama is on the hook for continuing the deficit-exploding Bush tax cuts. Wars are harder to finish than they are to start, which is why Republicans were so wrong to rush the nation into war in Iraq on false pretenses. So Obama can't be held responsible for spending in Iraq and Afghanistan (both of which he is wisely winding down). The bottom line is that conservative policies gave us the deepest recession in 80 years, a $3 trillion hobby war in Iraq, and massive deficits fueled by irresponsible tax-cuts and their Great Recession. Most of the recent debt spike is their doing. It is true that the longer-term deficit issues center on Medicare, an excellent and effective program created by Democrats. The problem there is the spiraling healthcare costs that are making all forms of health insurance unaffordable. That's a tougher nut to crack. The Affordable Care Act was only the first step.

October 27, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
    • Trace

Stop with the facts! These things explode the heads of the GOP/Tea Clown Party. Otherwise...really good job!

October 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
    • C-Lo

So in otherwords:
      1. This is mainly due to the "natural" buisness cycle
      2. Bush was culpable
      3. Obama was basically equally culpable
      4. The "fire" that Bush was responsible for was a grease fire that you expected Obama to throw baking soda on and instead he threw water on it (continuing same policies, and adding others)
      5. Most of the problem resides in Washington, and instead of us as individuals getting out there to solve it, we continue to wait for DC to solve them–what is the saying about insanity?

October 28, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
    • jean2009

Thanks for your research...it will probably fall on deaf ears.

October 28, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
  4. Sir Joe

Can someone explain to me why all the policies by Obama is rejected by the republicans. They saw nothing good in him, and leaders even say that they are mandated to make sure that he is a one time president. Trust me even if this president proposes a tax cut for all the rich in America today, the republicans will oppose it. What do you call that?

October 27, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
    • bwrits

Sir Joe, there is one explanation.... The Republicans would truly bring this great country to its knees in order for this President to not be successful. The rest of the World is amazed at how little our country respects its leader. To be at ground zero with the birther issue again shows the absolute ignorance/arrogance of Donald Chump who has the "respect of millions of people" but can only muster 19% of republican support. What's even sadder is the fact that the same tea party republicans that hate the President are the very ones who need him. But would rather bite off their own noses rather than admit that he is trying to lead the country in a positive direction for ALL people. And, when the 1% are finished with the tea partyers, they will throw them to the side of the road like rotted trash.

October 27, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
  5. truindep

mar- get over it, the bi-racial pres verbage is old, and no longer works, try something else , be creative

October 28, 2011 at 10:25 am |
    • Trace

@truindep,

Does your post actually have a meaning? In fact, please impart some wisdom upon us all, as I've not been able to see the relevance or point of any of your posts. No disrepect intended. Its just its really tough figuring out the point you are trying to make, and the point of these posts are to articulate a position – No?

October 28, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
  6. steveo

bwrits

---------
    1. I previously stated the number goal should be to heal this country! I disgree with McConnell. It is that type of attitude that make compromise impossible. I agree with you!

5. I fully know about the hospital in Congress and about Bethesda as well.

October 28, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
  7. Liz Carter in Georgia

Steveo, I agree with your comment 100% except I too don't remember Clinton blaming Bush 41 either. Though, I'm positive political watchers, analyzers, strategists, researchers, 'real' journalists, 'note-keepers', did recognize where at least some of the problems he faced originated. The problem OBAMA faced when he first stepped foot into the Oval Office, and still faces today from the 'sytem' and many suddenly awakened political valedictorians, stems totally from the first part of your comment and bigotry.

October 31, 2011 at 1:37 pm |
  8. Liz Carter in Georgia

Steveo...you and I say we are Christians and I do truly believe, from just reading your posts of question, yet compassion that you do lean toward that direction; in other words, I BELIEVE YOU ARE; and for me, I certainly do strive to remain one everyday. I was raised by both of my parents, grandparents, other relatives and friends to trust GOD...and to believe and accept Jesus Christ, who IS my Lord and Savior; who did DIE for MY sins. Didn't we also learn that we're to pray for those in authority over us?

October 31, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
    • steveo

Didn't we also learn that we're to pray for those in authority over us?
      ---------
      Yes we did Liz! That is why i will not launch personal attacks! That would be hypocritical!

October 31, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
  9. Liz Carter in Georgia

How can we as a so called 'Christian-based' nation of immigrants; a nation that claims to accept freedom of religion, yet in the same breath, reduce, denounce, toss out or demean other religious beliefs as bad, begin to part our lips against them practicing theirs and we aren't for the most part even trying to fulfill completion of our own? How can we pray for those in authority, but bash and demean them, especially this administration, at the same time? What Christian' oxymoronic behavior, I'd say.

October 31, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
    • steveo

Sadly, we have drifted from that foundation as a nation! Liz, The President himself said we are not a christian nation! The major malfunction is some proclaim it but as you read these blogs, yo will see hatred, anger, personnal attacks against tthis President and his family, the last president and his family. I just question why we just cannot make an arguement without "blasting" anyone? I am not perfect but am am trying hard to live out my faith! So, If you have read anything I have written that attacks personally let me know and I will apologize right now! I have previously stated that problems awaited him as he stepped int the WH. I admit that! I also admit that Bush has issues awiating him as well. The foundation for the housing bubble was laid during in the Clinton adminstration! Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were highly unstable at that time and still is.

October 31, 2011 at 2:31 pm |
    • C-Lo

That's a philosophical question for the ages, Liz, and on par with the reasoning behind those who bash Christians (in some cases rightly so). My one take on it would be praying for others (i.e. POTUS, leaders, non-Christians, sinners, and each other) does not condone specific behaviours (and I speak from a position of experience, believe me).

I agree speaking wholesale against others is mis-guided, and as a wholesale statement, I will say we all do it from time to time. Equating a belief system with negative atributes is not the same as disagreeing with those beliefs.

October 31, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
      • steveo

I wholeheartly agree with you C-Lo. Praying for someone does not equal condoning any behavior. Yet praying is also expressing our obedience to the Lord, regardless of someone else's behaviors! I know this is not the "Belief Blog" But I cannot be seperated from my faith! It shapes who I am and how I think!

October 31, 2011 at 2:44 pm |
      • C-Lo

Steveo–

Just wanted to say that I've appreciated your posts throughout. Maybe it's because I agree with your stances that makes it easier, but it is noteworthy that you refrain from personal attacks and discuss the issues with little bias. It bugs me to see people here treat it as an either/or proposition without middle ground (i.e. you can't dislike Obama's policies without agreeing with Bush's and vice versa). Kinda like DC, huh?

I know Liz will appreciate it, and Trace I beleive as well. Jean I still doubt, but have seen a "softening" of her rhetoric through the recent dialogs. Hope to see you stick around.

October 31, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
      • steveo

C-Lo, I plan to be here sharing, learning, growing, challenging, and being challenged! DC could learn a lot from those they represent! I hope you are as well. As for Trace, and Jean2009, and everyone else, What we have in common is greater than what divides us...our humanity!

Liz, and C-Lo What we have in common goes far beyond this lifetime! More important to me than politics! Stay in peace everyone!

October 31, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
  10. Liz Carter in Georgia

Steveo...NO! My posts were not at all directed at you my Brother in Christ. I was just making observational comments based on what I've seen, heard and noticed from so many others, on this blog and otherwise. I was just making a point of conversation into what I think is relevant to the perpetual overt demeaning and dismissive bashing with whatever THIS POTUS and ALL of those whom are in authority over us, THIS TIME, endeavors to do to regain Americas' footing; BTW, even amid obstruction. It's questionable.

October 31, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
    • steveo

Liz, No worry I did not take your post as such! I too was just tossing in my thoughts! Sorry if I confused you! You are my Sister and that is more important than any other affliation (political or otherwise IMO). I just said what I did because I am not perfect and I have to check myself too! Stay at peace!

October 31, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
  11. Liz Carter in Georgia

C-Lo, you may well be right. I think it is a 'philosophical' age old question, that certainly needs to be addressed, studied, and answered, it seems, right now! I believe if we can EVER honestly answer that one...we could possibly find the answers to many other hate-laced controversies, lies, misunderstandings and even the sensible, true questions of decisional behavior that could ultimately affect our lives; family, work, politically, civilly, socially, spiritually; for most of us, just personally.

October 31, 2011 at 3:54 pm |
    • C-Lo

Oh, Liz, if it were ONLY that simple. Unfortunately, because we are fallen, that question would have been answered centuries ago, but is only one we can each answer within ourselves. Remember, hate, contempt, jealousy, envy...are as old as Cain and Able (or the Neanderthals for the non-believers).

These questions will never be answered as a society, and we must therefore look to how we respond to them as individuals.

This response brought to you by chai tea with ginsing (get it, Eastern philosophy?) 🙂

October 31, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
  12. Liz Carter in Georgia

I have also learned as a student of my faith that each and every disagreement, every question, hypothetical or not, (Biblical...we only know in part) every controversy, (made up or not) every battle is not mine to answer nor to fight...and that once I turn it over to HIM, I should leave alone...I should leave it with HIM. This not only signifies our obedience to HIM, but it enhances our FAITH. HE does not need my help...I need HIS! It's been proven in this world that anything other than this breeds a mess.

October 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
    • C-Lo

If you can truly do this Liz, then you are blessed. Turning it (whatever "it" may be) over to Him has been my struggle ever since accepting Him. I think this is the epiphany we all search for but few of us find.

October 31, 2011 at 4:28 pm |
    • steveo

Liz,

We are on the same journey! You are not alone in this! I also have more questions than answers too but, faith means moving on and trusting Him! Beautifully spoken my dear Sister!

October 31, 2011 at 4:36 pm |
  13. Liz Carter in Georgia

Yes, Steveo. My faith also shapes who I am and how I think. However, just for me, and to be honest, it's somehow been diluted with my own personal experiences and the knowledge of what has and can happen if I don't fight sometimes. I'm not an impatient person, and I'm certainly not the boisterous, 'can't-wait-to-fight' person, but I will fight when I'm 'fought' or feel berated or threatened sometimes. When it comes to the blogs, when I say fight or see a fight, I mean debate. I'm praying for more patience.

October 31, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
    • steveo

Liz, we are human! I also have my likes and dislikes, I have my preferences to! Being a Christian does not exempt that. My experience with life differs from your (family, where I lived, life experiences, jobs). Doesn't make my experience better or worse than yours, it just makes it different! As such, I want to learn from you, spiritually and yes, even politically! We grow when we share ideas and info! I like it that way! Be a fighter! I'm good with that!

October 31, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
  14. Liz Carter in Georgia

Thanks Steveo, and just to touch on what you just posted October 31, 2011 pm 4:55, I'd like to say that when I and my brothers were young, and my mother was a young sojouner for righteousness, justice and equality for all, she founded and organized a group in our neighborhood called the 'RING OF GOOD WILL'. The focus of this 'mixed' group, which grew to reach out to several towns Georgia, was to do just what you said...to learn, understand, recognize with resolve of each others unique ethnic differences.

October 31, 2011 at 7:24 pm |