Presidential microphone mishap
November 8th, 2011

Presidential microphone mishap

At last week’s G-20 summit in Cannes, France, world leaders gathered to find a fix for the global economy, but it’s a whisper between President Obama and French President Nicolas Sarkozy that is now being heard around the world.

A private conversation that was accidentally overheard by some reporters is so inflammatory that when asked about it, White House spokesman Jay Carney only said, “I don’t have any comment on the specific conversation.”

So what is it now that has the White House dodging a controversy?

According to Reuters, several reporters plugged headphones into a translation box that is commonly used at events where multiple languages are spoken.  They say that they heard Sarkozy tell Obama that he is sick of dealing with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"I cannot bear Netanyahu, he's a liar," Sarkozy reportedly told Obama, apparently not realizing that anyone else was listening.

"You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you," Obama reportedly replied.

CNN could not independently confirm the details of the conversation, and it’s unclear what else the two world leaders discussed. When pressed on the issue, Carney again refused to comment, instead citing the public disagreement between the two presidents over a recent vote on Palestinian membership in the United Nations Education and Social Committee.

“It's well known that the president - and that the U.S. and France do not agree on the UNESCO vote regarding the Palestinians, and the president's very firm position has been that efforts to achieve UN membership or membership in UN agencies by the Palestinians were premature and counter productive to the ultimate goal here which was a negotiated peace between the two parties,” Carney said during a gaggle aboard Air Force One en route Philadelphia.

President Obama, who visited a Head Start program in a Philadelphia suburb Tuesday, took tough shots at Congressional inaction but made no mention of this brewing controversy.

1. Robert

I bet Batty Bachmann almost flipped out of her red jacket when she heard this!! Bet it's a talking point in 48 hours...

November 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm |
    • Wha????

Yeah, right. If you were running against BO, wouldn't you do the same?

November 8, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
    • Brett

Thank you flyingviper! Hey Robert how about actually having an opinion on the article instead of bashing on Bachmann. The big deal here Robert is the French are well known anti-Semites and the Obama administration keeps sending mixed signals about our relationship with Israel. Hey I don't like everyone I work with either but he's the president of the United States and this is a big deal. CNN has made it pretty clear they are a liberal news organization and refuse to report anything in depth that could be negative towards the president. Just give me the news and let me figure out what I think about it.

November 8, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
      • Vigla

All Obama seems to have said is he has to deal with Israel's PM more. Sarkoszy is the one that said the rude stuff. What was Obama going to say to him? It's an uncomfortable position to be in. This is a non-story.

November 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm |
      • mdamone

I don't think "I have to deal with him more often than you do" is a mixed signal.

November 9, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
    • Howard

IT'S TIME FOR AIPAC ...
      and all other pro-American, pro-ally, pro-Israel, groups
      to put all of their resources behind ANYBODY, and I mean anybody,
      who runs against obama in 2012 !!!

November 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
      • rs1201

I'm sure that this is exactly what's happening. obama has to be thrown out of office. He's a pro arab and an anti semite. all democrats who side with him might as well consider themselves that too.
        Americans will vote for any generic republican in 2012 just to get rid of the democrats and obama, the anti semite

November 9, 2011 at 6:33 am |
      • jean2009

Why not just save all the bother and move to Israel that would make us all happy?

November 9, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
  2. flyingviper

Hey CNN, this needs to be ON THE FRONT PAGE!

November 8, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
    • Sarah

I agree, but I don't think they really care. It's missing from the front page on purpose.

November 8, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
      • PC0909

I watched the national news tonight and there was no mention of this story. If it had been George Bush, it would have been the lead story.

November 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm |
    • Wha????

Yeah. The odds of that happening are about the same as BO telling the truth and actually serve our country.

November 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
      • big gulps

Cnn waited until 1:15 pm to post this story....every other news outlet in the world had it up this morning....who's protecting who here?

November 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm |
    • Howard

IT'S TIME FOR AIPAC ...
      and all other pro-American, pro-ally, pro-Israel, groups
      to put all of their resources behind ANYBODY
      who runs against obama in 2012 !!!

November 8, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
      • Russell Brown

you can't hold a man down,
        without staying down with him.
        Hear is Hermain Cain just what you guys need
        to beat the president.good luck with your anybody.

November 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm |
    • Brenda

AGREED!

November 8, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
    • Vigla

Please... This is NOT a story. Maybe a story for France, but not the US.

November 8, 2011 at 11:30 pm |
      • mdamone

The President of the US caught on a mic that he did not know was on insulting America's strongest ally in the Middle East as their enemy verges on nuclear weapon capability is not US news?

You hit the wrong bookmark. You meant to go to TMZ, where you obviously spend most of your time.

November 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm |
    • rs1201

CNN is pro obama and pro arab. Have you ever watched and listened to christiane amanpour's reports on CNN? it's edifying to see this woman who's married to a Jew side with arabs and muslims.

November 9, 2011 at 6:35 am |
      • jean2009

However...Christine Amanpour works for ABC. So, I guess that throws a monkey wrench in your rambling ill conceived theory.

November 9, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
  3. Dean

This shows Obama's true character. He's an idiot.

November 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
    • jean2009

I would give that honor to Netanyahu.

November 8, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
      • Wha????

Yes. We can all see that YOU would.

November 8, 2011 at 2:01 pm |
      • rs1201

jean2009

I don't think so...the honor is all obama's...Netanyahu did not benefit from affirmative action as obama and his insufferable wife did...now, who's the idiot???

November 9, 2011 at 6:37 am |
      • jean2009

@Re1201....FYI affirmative action helps American citizens. Netanyahu got his from putting his hand in the American taxpayer's pocket and crying about land his people from Europe stole. The honesty is everyone with a clear head full well knows that. So, why should people be offended when the truth of the situation is spoken?

November 9, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
    • nonyafingbizness

i think its proof hes only honest when were not supposed to be listening

November 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
    • Peace by 2020

What has Obama got to do with this? Perhaps you expected him to defend Netanyahu and severe ties with France!

November 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
      • rs1201

Peace 2020
        go back to school...your grammar and spelling are really intolerable!!!

November 9, 2011 at 6:38 am |
      • jean2009

@Rs1201 Do you mean like a sentence should start with a capital letter?

November 9, 2011 at 8:15 pm |
    • khepera420

"True character?" Please explain. Idiot.

November 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
      • marcindc

Buy a dictionary. Moron1

November 8, 2011 at 11:32 pm |
    • Russell Brown

when the constitution was born
      free speech does not cover the disrepect
      that you show our cammander and cheif
      I would ask you not to be so nefarious,
      your comments mortify the american that I love.

November 8, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
    • kathy

an so is ur mom for not teaching u any manners

November 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
    • kathy

ooops sorry i meant ur mom!!!!!!

November 8, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
    • stta

I don't get where Barak's comment show's he is an idiot. Benjamin Netanyahu is only out for Israel domination over the land they acquired and not for peace. I am not saying the Palestinians extremists are any more fun to deal with but there is no way BN is for peace without stopping the building the in West Bank and East Jerusalem. I am not even saying the Palestinians should have the land but by building the settlements on land the Palestinians want does not show the rest of the world they are serious about peace negotiations. The current mentality of BN and many Israelis is we want peace on our terms instead of a comprehensive shared agreement. What other leader would like dealing with a person with that mentality. I wonder if those that agree with BN are just blindly pro-Israel or anti-Palestinian. All Barak's comment was showing he is not a blind leader which is what I expect of any leader republican or democratic.

November 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
      • Steveo

ssta,

I disagree.
        1. Israel is our closest ally in the Middle East.
        4. The land belongs to Israel!
        5. As a Christian, I support Israel. That does not mean they are always right.

November 8, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
      • stta

Steveo- I appreciate your thoughts but logically it does not defend the actions of Netanyahu and hard line Israeli's:

1. Israel is our closest ally in the Middle East. (Is that an valid argument? Why? Do we need an ally in the Middle East that causes problems for the US with other countries)
        2. Israel GAVE back the entire Sinai to Egypt in exchange for peace. So far, Egypt has keep up their end of the bargain (OK then if Israel gives back East Jerusalem and the West Bank in exchange for peace... Same logic)
        3. Israel is surrounded by nations who would like nothing better than to finish what the Nazis started! (Are you saying the other countries are developing an Aryan Nation? The hatred for Israel is is a fight for land and against Israel oppression (which I don't know if it is true or not)
        4. The land belongs to Israel! (And this was decided by?????. I need that explained without the use of any religious beliefs and just in terms of logic)
        5. As a Christian, I support Israel. That does not mean they are always right. (I agree with supporting Israel but not blindly. I am not an idiot and never follow anyone blindly. I always challenge actions and motives)
        6. Between scuds from Iraq and rockets form Lebanon, exactly what you expect and want? (How does building on the West Bank and East Jerusalem avoid the scud issue? If I could believe Israel is working on peace in good faith, I have no problem having the US and UN defending any country that attacks another without cause but Israel keeps pushing buttons and not appearing to work for peace on equal terms)

As always I believe I can be wrong but that is what it looks like to me. It just seems people are backing Israel blindly because they dislike the other countries more which is not a good reason. And please don't pull the Christian card because Israel is a Jewish state. I have nothing against any religion but don't like the idea of unelected church leaders pushing around elected officials who are suppose to be representing all people and all religions.

November 9, 2011 at 12:22 am |
      • steveo

stta,

Thanks for the reply. Llet me hit point 4 first.

3. I am not saying other nations are going Aryan, I am saying they are surrounding by those who want to destroy them! I am sure you have heard that before.

6. How is giving up more land changiing the hearts and minds of them who wish to wipe the Jewish state off the face of the Earth?

I have already said the Jewish government is not always correct! Israel already gave up the West Bank AND Gaza, where's is the promised peace?

Now folks are trying to force Israel to return to pre-1967 borders. Shall we give up Cali, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas too?

As far as pulling the Christian card goes, my faith is just as much a part of me as my left arm!

November 9, 2011 at 8:57 am |
      • steveo

stta,

Thanks for the reply. Let me hit point 4 first.

3. I am not saying other nations are going Aryan, I am saying they are surrounded by those who want to destroy them! I am sure you have heard that before.

6. How is giving up more land changing the hearts and minds of them who wish to wipe the Jewish state off the face of the Earth?

November 9, 2011 at 8:58 am |
      • stta

A quick response to two of your points:

First note: "My question is why are you scared of a Christian based answer? That is the explanation. Israel belongs to the Jews, God gave them that land and Jerusalem will never be divided." I am not scared of a religious based answer but in a world where not everyone believes in the same religion decisions can not be based on religion. Funny how there are so many religions and all of think there is the only one that is right. That means one is right and all the rest are wrong, odds are against you being right. I thought was Catholic until I was told by a family member I was not because I believe I could be wrong. You can't force what you believe on someone who doesn't. I like what many religions teach and can use them as a guideline but not an easy end all for a simple solution. I prefer using my mind a little and some deep thinking. One needs to take in account all peoples views and religions with respect. I don't say you have to agree just respect others views and always allow for the idea you can be wrong.

Second note: "Israel already gave up the West Bank AND Gaza." There is a good argument for the Palestinians. If as you said Israel gave up the West Bank for peace, why are they still building there. In my mind they can build there but have to realize if during peace negotiations the land is giving to the Palestinians, they get the buildings thanks to Israel. That being the case if they are really open to negotiations, again why are they building there?

November 9, 2011 at 3:50 pm |
      • steveo

stta,

I am not a public official but a private citizen and you asked ME for MY opinion on who owns that land. I shared with you what I thought based upon my beliefs. I have not "forced" anyone to believe the way do not have I insulted or disrespected anyone for believing differently. I believe what I believe and it shapes my opinions. If it didn't then my belief system would be flawed! I know that others believe differently but that is no cause for me to abandon what I believe! As I said earlier my faith is as much a a part of me as is my left arm! That is who I am and by no means equals disrespect to you or your opinions or those of anyone else! It simply means disagreement! BTW, I don't leave my mind at the door!

November 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
      • jean2009

Exactly!
        With some friends we might be better off with enemies. This begs the question...is a friend really a friend if we repeatedly have to buy that supposed friendship, and they never seem to return the favor?
        We are looking at 63 years and Israel hasn't made any serious attempts at peace. Oh yes, they talk peace, but only if it is all on their terms. In actuality, it is more profitable for them to never obtain that peace.

Thankfully, President Sarkozy and President Obama are not wearing blinders, they see the world as it actually is.

November 9, 2011 at 8:33 pm |
      • stta

Steveo- I appreciate your thoughts as I think I understand the problem a little more. I totally respect your beliefs and sometimes wish I had an impenetrable faith as it would make my decisions a lot easier. Unfortunately I have a strong analytical (sometimes I think crazy) mind that always challenges everything not to prove right or wrong but to understand why. Unfortunately there is one piece of land that both sides say was given to them by God and as long their faith leads them, there will be no peace and I don't think we can excuse or blame either side because their faith is there faith. If both side were able to understand and respect the others beliefs and perspectives then maybe there is a chance but unfortunately people are not always a rational animal.

November 10, 2011 at 12:26 am |
      • steveo

stta,

I enjoyed the conversation. Nothing wrong with having "a strong analytical (sometimes I think crazy) mind". Solutions come when good people ask "why?". There is room enough for all of us! I have stated before that Israel is not "automatically" right in every instance! At same time, there are strong spiritual ties before Christians and Israel! good talking with you!

November 10, 2011 at 9:02 am |
    • Vigla

I think that title is already taken by W.

November 8, 2011 at 11:32 pm |
    • jeez

Why is Obama at fault here? What do you expect him to say?

You're just exposing your own prejudices. Bigot.

November 9, 2011 at 2:11 am |
  4. jean2009

Honesty...refreshing.

November 8, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
    • Howard

HONESTY ??? IT'S CALLED DECEPTION !!!

barack ovomit, and his corrupt administration belong in prison. The only thing more nauseating than this phony opportunist, are the throngs of blindly devoted cult followers, like the ones posting here, who slobber all over themselves, with sickening saccharin praise for their dear leader. These are the same kind of poor misguided fools who marry inmates on death row. They are putty in the hands of propagandists, and charismatic leaders who hypnotize them into unconditional obedience.

November 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
      • Hawk

Oh and i guess that you tea party idiots that have and still do suck up to the idiots like bush coulter limbaugh beck palin and the rest of their ilk just can not grasp what diplomacy is. it is called trying to get along with every one. there is an old saying. hold your friends close. hold your enimies closer.

November 8, 2011 at 7:04 pm |
  5. Doctrine

Although Obama and Sarkozy are suppose to be the world most powerful leaders, there will have to answer to AIPAC and others in the US where congress has been occupied by a Zionist power! (yes CNN delete it...)

November 8, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
  6. Wha????

I'm shocked, shocked that there's gambling going on in this establishment!"

"Captain Renault, here are your winnings."

"Thank you."

BO is a political neanderthal. He simply doesn't have a clue. And that CNN hasn't made this front-page news, as have FOXNEWS and USAToday is about as shocking as Renault closing down Rick's Cafe Americain in "Casablanca."

Nobody is shocked BO is stupid enough to have said this. Or Sarcozy for that matter.

November 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
    • Russell Brown

The earth is the mother of all people and all
      people should have equal rights upon it .

November 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
      • mark

The Earth is the Mother of all people. People are killing each other, people are starving, there are nations that have no government and there is total chaos.

You worship the earth but not God? the first page of the Bible will tell you that God created the earth and it`s bounty for man to use.

All is God`s, we are like spring flowers the first heat and they are gone. Mans life span is short, generations come and go and life goes on.

November 9, 2011 at 11:43 am |
  7. Can you blame them?

Since when is Netanyahu a saint? Geez you righties pounce on everything – jerks.

November 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
    • big gulps

he doesn't have to be a saint...you just don't stand for your nation's leader publicly talking poorly about your closest ally's leader.

November 8, 2011 at 2:44 pm |
    • Hawk

Yep. the tea party crumbs come out from under their rocks when something like this happens. all those times bush was caught on an open mike i don't remember them saying a word about that dumb a$$

November 8, 2011 at 7:07 pm |
      • marcindc

Based on your comments, I have no doubt that there are lots of things that your are not aware of and don't know about. Just the kind of voter the nation's community organizer wants.

November 8, 2011 at 11:38 pm |
  8. nonyafingbizness

ISRAELI=NAZI.........finally honesty among are politicians.....ITS JUST TO BAD WE WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO HEAR IT LMAO

November 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm |
  9. Gordon Bennett

BBC online has this as a front page, highlighted story. Their Obama quote was ""You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day,". Wonder which is more accurate. And yes, CNN should at least have this on the front page.

November 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm |
    • Vigla

Not a front page issue. Sorry. He did not say anything bad about the guy. It is clear, however, that Israel is pissing off their allies with their actions. They need to take the hint.

November 8, 2011 at 11:39 pm |
  10. Peace by 2020

CNN..this is front page news item.

November 8, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
  11. Richard

The story was reported widely in European press, but not in America. I can't even see it on CNN, except for this blog. Gee, I wonder why?

November 8, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
  12. Russell Brown

If you talk to the family of the human race ,
    the human race family will talk with you ,and
    you will know each other .
    what you do not know you will fear.
    mans heart away from nature become hard.

November 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
  13. anonymous

This is on BBC homepage, kind of shocked why it's hidden in the CNN page.

November 8, 2011 at 2:45 pm |
  14. Bob

You should realize by now that cnn will not report anything remotely bad about obama. He is their fair hair boy who can do no wrong. Why is it such a surprise that their answer is "no comment." I can't believe that obama is as sqeaky clean as cnn tries to show us. obama has lied so many times, I doubt he know truth from reality. Right from the get go, he was asked about ACORN and he stated he never heard of it. He was a lawyer for them. What kind of a lawyer doesn't know the name of the organization he represents. Did cnn make a big deal about that? No!!! What do you expect from cnn, the truth? "cnn, the most biased name in news."

November 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
  15. stta

Of course Benjamin Netanyahu is a liar. He keeps saying he wants peace but keeps building on the land which is should be on the table for negotiations. Then the other argument is the building keeps Israel safer. Is that to say if you build more housing those living on the edge are a human shield? I am not crazy about the way Israel or the Palestinians are behaving but Benjamin keeps putting the US in a difficult position.

November 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
  16. Bob

Why is my comment "awaiting moderation?" It's no more inflamatory than others. Or is freedom of speech a thing of the past. Or even the truth! Once again you prove to me that cnn is the most biased name in news.....

November 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm |
  17. MITPhD

Obabma did NOT say Netanyatu is a liar. He just said he is difficult to work with. Big deal. He reportedly said "You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you." This is inflamatory exactly why? Is he suppose to be in love with him and/or think he is the easiest guy in the world to work with? Or, is the implication that he was suppose to defend his honor? How many of you have been in a situation where one person you have to work withcriticized someone else you have to work with. Don't you usually say something like – yes – he's difficult to work with some times. Even if you like the other guy more than the one you are talking with now. Yes you do. I do. And everyone that has a job that requires office politics does it. Being up in arms about this shows either your ignorance or your bias. Obama did NOT say Netanyutu is a liar. he only implied he is difficult to work with. Big deal.

November 8, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
  18. Ron Ben

Why are you all Americans so hurt when your president says he dislike some foreign leader? I cannot understand. You guys should not be living in this country if that's the case. This is a democratic country and any one can express their views. Pack and leave if you cannot stand that.

November 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
    • MikeD

Well said, Ron Ben. Our resident nationalists like to pretend that they are patriotic. What they are is un-American in the extreme.

November 8, 2011 at 7:27 pm |
    • jean2009

Thank you!

November 9, 2011 at 8:54 pm |
  19. Bluebird7

This is a big story with bigger implications. Not worthy of front page?

November 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm |
    • MikeD

Bigger implications for whom? Hateful right-wingers who are frothing at the mouth in their impotent rage at not being able to topple Obama in 2012? Yeah, I thought so. Cry me a river teabaggers.

November 8, 2011 at 7:28 pm |
  20. zindal

I think what's telling here and bothers me is that any American would sell their president down in favor of a foreign leader. I can have my differences with my President, but I will never sell him for the sake of a foreign leader. THIS is your country. Not Israel. THIS is your president, not that crook. Even Israelis can call him a crook and do.
    You insult Mr. Obama for what? For that Netanyahu? Your president? For him? You have got to be kidding! Shame on you people! And you know what? Natanyahu is a liar and he has many liars working for him – in this country, too, apparently.

November 8, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
    • psk500

Zindal, where were you when this Pres. allowed the Pres. of mexico go to our congress are lecture us on we are the couse of Mexico's violence. This is also a Pres. who spoke down on christion americans while in san fransico, allowed his photo taken in front of service members caskets (even though there spouses denied him todo so), and his response was he was un aware any caskets were in the photo. a pres. who allows his supporters to tell other americans to go to hell and sons of b*****, before he gets up to speak. and then tells the public he is not the word police. he simply needs to go back to being a lawyer and suing ins. companies, ow wait he couldnt handle that job either

November 8, 2011 at 10:37 pm |
      • jean2009

Moron.

November 9, 2011 at 8:57 pm |
    • jean2009

Thank you for having more sense than a bunch of simple teabaggers.

November 9, 2011 at 8:56 pm |
  21. Frank Erdman

The Democrats need to nominate someone else. Secretary Clinton would have my vote. Somebody needs to mount a nomination challenge at the convention. Otherwise, Obama becomes Carter 2.0. This is INTOLERABLE. Prime Minister Netenyahu is one of our closest allies, and disrespecting him is not only totally unacceptable but makes President Obama totally unelectable. He can't recover from this. He is toast. A principled Democrat with strong ties to Israel needs to challenge the nomination next year at the convention. Maybe Senator Clinton. Maybe Gov. Cuomo. Maybe RFK Jr. Or the like. Anyone of those would be fine. Otherwise the Democrats go down to landslide defeat and deservedly so.

November 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm |
    • psk500

clinton would be good, tuff lady

November 8, 2011 at 10:39 pm |
    • Vigla

Give it a rest... Obama is perfectly fine. He's going to win re-election. Wait and see. YOur rant is nonsensical...

November 8, 2011 at 11:43 pm |
    • jean2009

Netanyahu is not our friend....never has been....never will be anything but a leach.

November 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  22. joe

OK CNN! Are you gonna give this one...a true international "step on your weenee moment" as much time as poor ol' herman flirting with someone...at least thats what the mostly anonymous sources say. You guys are pathetic.

November 8, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  23. JC

I'm a Christian who loves and supports Israel but I'm observant enough to know that All Jews Are NOT Jesus. Like all people they have the good, the bad and the ugly. Yes, Netanyahu can be called a liar if he lies. What has Netanyahu not done to destroy Obama's presidency.
    1. Called Rahm Imanuel and David Axelrod 'self-hating Jews' for working with Obama according to Israel's Haaretz newspaper. (Netanyahu later denied the comment)
    2. Openly campaigning against Obama on every turn. Cornering Jewish Americans to a place where openly supporting Obama means hating Israel.
    3. After Obama puts everything on the line in the defense of Israel at the UN in September Netanyahu had difficulty even acknowledging in the American press that Obama is a friend of Israel.
    I applaud Obama for holding his tongue. Even as we love and support Israel, the truth matters.

November 8, 2011 at 7:09 pm |
  24. MikeD

Netanyahu is an irascible pig. And no good for Israel.

November 8, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
  25. MITPhD

You guys are delusional – I guess based upon your rabid dislike of Obama. He's allegedly caught saying someone is difficult to work with and now he's unelectable!? Give me a break! I work with some people that are difficult to work with. Many of them acknowledge it. So if you heard someone you work with said you were difficult to work with you would take it as a huge insult!? If you did – you are certainly not fit for most lines of work – let alone international politics. Or maybe you think Obama should have punched Sarkozy for calling Netanyahu a liar. If you do then you are an idiot and we are all wasting our time trying to make you see reason. Politicians in the US say much worse things about each other and work together – even end up as running mates (Regan and Bush I). maybe that is the problem – why the congress cannot work together to the good of the country – all the Republicans have had their feelings hurt and they are pouting and acting like 5 year olds instead of adults.

November 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
  26. mikle

Obama don't like Jewish people. He don't like Israel. WE will remember in 2012. Every Jew must remember this.

November 8, 2011 at 9:29 pm |
    • Vigla

WAKE UP! Stop believing the rhetoric. Obama is no better or worse than any other President when it comes to Israel. Give me a BREAK with this nonsense. You can't even write a coherent sentence for goodness sake!

November 8, 2011 at 11:48 pm |
  27. mikle

Obama complain about his 450bl. what he call job creation. What ;s happen to 850bl. job creation.? The same s..... .

November 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm |
  28. Vigla

This is the biggest NON story. Cain is a serial harasser and all conservatives have is Obama trying to uncomfortably talk to Sarkosy. Zzzzzzz....

November 8, 2011 at 11:50 pm |
    • Sick of it

This is typical of most liberals. My question is this. Where is the proff that all these harassments happened? Were you there? If you were why didnt you say anything 14 years ago? Or is it that your so afraid that your beloved Obama cant stand up to any one after these three years so super awesome work he has done donig nothiong accept achiveing the most money spent by a president ever. Fact in Obama's first year he spent more than all the other presidents combined.

November 9, 2011 at 7:27 am |
  29. rs1201

the democrats and obamba realize this morning that they have lost whatever American Jewish votes or financial support thay may have had before this major declaration.
    Watch the American Jewish Community vote for any generic republican just to get rid of the democrats and our dear affirmative action president and his insufferable wife, children, and mother in law. Just go away...it's enough already!!!!

November 9, 2011 at 6:44 am |
    • jean2009

Obama-Biden 2012
      Still the best choice.

November 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm |
  30. Liz Carter in Georgia

You go Jean...LOL! @Rs1201; are you an english teacher? Are you one of the ones that the GOP 'right-wingers' fired, laid-off or got rid of; and simply by habit you're compelled to correct the spelling and grammar of blogsters? Are you more interested in their spelling, sentence stucture and 'grammar' than the content their comments? If you are in fact, 'that teacher', we understand; but I do hope you'd remember that in 2012! OBAMA/BIDEN 2012! Yes we will again!

November 9, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
  31. Liz Carter in Georgia

Jean.. you know I appreciate your fight...I appreciate your knowledge...I appreciate that you take soooo much time to research and give us the book titles and the websites to find the truth about questionable/controversial politics, as well as politicians! I LOVE IT...I LEARN FROM IT, but I'll have to disagree with you on when a 'person' is a person. I have to say, I too believe that once the egg from the ovary has been conceptualized, the 'person' has began to evolve right then! It's then, a person!

November 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm |
  32. Liz Carter in Georgia

Oooops...Jean wrong thread...Sorry folks...my last post on this thread thread should have been posted under the 'Obama gives kids a head start'. Forgive me.

November 14, 2011 at 5:33 pm |