Ahead of APEC Summit, Obamas spend Veterans Day aboard USS Carl Vinson
November 12th, 2011

Ahead of APEC Summit, Obamas spend Veterans Day aboard USS Carl Vinson

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama spent Veterans Day aboard the USS Carl Vinson attending the first ever college basketball game played on the deck of and aircraft carrier.  It was the UNC Tar Heels vs The Michigan State Spartans.  The Obamas sat center court, talking animatedly during the game, watching with as many as seven thousand servicemen and women and guests on the carrier docked outside San Diego.  The Tar Heels prevailed.  The Obamas left for Hawaii where the president is attending several meetings including hosting world leaders at APEC.  He travels to Australia and Indonesia later this week.

Topics: APEC • Michelle Obama • President Obama

« Previous entry
  1. Sarah Jane Rose

Read more about Obama, APEC & Hawaii http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-703252 or http://sjupandaway.blogspot.com/

November 12, 2011 at 6:12 pm |
  2. Drogo, who bit the dust

What did this lark cost the taxpayers? I'm sure the troops really appreciated all the extra spit and polish that was required to host the CIC.

November 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
    • john

what did it cost taxpayers? A little less than the $2 TRILLION messers Bush/Cheney blew on invading the WRONG country.

November 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
    • Bill Brasky

This didn't cost the taxpayer anything. This was mentioned in the CNN article on Friday morning.

November 13, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  3. sara

Hater.

November 12, 2011 at 6:39 pm |
  4. 1FreeWorld

Sara is the Hater!

You ARE what you THINK!

I think Sara is not really a Hater,,, I think she is a little mis-informed...

Wait, I may be mis-Informed....

Sara? Why do you HATE?

November 12, 2011 at 7:58 pm |
  5. 1FreeWorld

Now for me,,,

I think it is good to promote Male-Female Love onboard ships!

Any Gay People want to speak of Gay Sex onboard the USS Carl Vinson?

And if so,,, can you specifically say how you might do it?
    or show pictures like the Picture of Barak Hussien and his Wife?

November 12, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  6. 1FreeWorld

Now for me,,,

I think it is good to promote Male-Female Love onboard ships!

Any Glaad Folks want to speak of Glaad Love onboard the USS Carl Vinson?

And if so,,, can you specifically say how you might do it?
    or show pictures like the Picture of Barak Hussien and his Wife?

November 12, 2011 at 8:02 pm |
    • 1FreeWorld

If there was anything that would offend the Ach me den i jad Tyrant it would be Glaad Folks making love on board US Navy Ships while the Navy Ships were protecting the Middle Eastern Native Glaad Folks in the Middle Eastern Countries...

Get out!

November 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  7. 1FreeWorld

I would really like to see a couple of the Glaad Folks
    showing affection to each other in Afganistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Egypt,,,,
    and the other Middle Eastern States

Now you cannot spit towards Mecca,,,,
    But you guys and gals can point your heads there,,,

Please show us what you would do in Afganistan, Yemin, Iran, Saudia Arabia,,, etc...

Let's let all of them do it in the Military Bases there,,,

and in the Embassies too!

November 12, 2011 at 8:08 pm |
  8. 1FreeWorld

Ok, Ok, Ok,,,

Ms (For the 1st time in my adult life I am proud of America) Obama,,,

Has the Commander and Chief showing a little PDA on board,,,,

For those that do not know what PDA is,,, PUBLIC DISPALYAL OF AFFECTION,,,,

PDA is not allowed on board!

If Michele was a Sailor,,, and got pregnant,,, she would be allowed to get out of the Navy!

He needs to be Impeached!

November 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm |
    • 2020

IT IS BETTER YOU JUST GO TO YOUR ROOM. YOU TALK TOO MUCH ALREADY. LEARN HOW TO RESPECT OTHER, KID.

November 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
  9. jerry

why? Another photo opportunity.

November 13, 2011 at 1:22 am |
    • 1FreeWorld

Hey Jerry,,,

Is this offensive?

Pathetic!

Liberal/Progressive Education Secretary Arne Duncan obviously favors providing in-state tuition to the children of illegal aliens (“Education secretary defends tuition breaks for children of illegals,” Web, Nov. 7). Perhaps Mr. Duncan also favors taking my car and giving it to someone else.

When I first read this,,, I was thinking that the Father was the Father of the Car Owner....

Now I see it is not so,,,

I like this,,, and I am sure all folks will,,, sort of tugs on your heart!!!

Assume for a moment that a father steals my car and gives it to his daughter for her 16th birthday. Also assume that then this innocent young girl does everything right: She somehow titles the vehicle at the Department of Motor Vehicles, has it inspected and buys insurance. She does all the scheduled maintenance and promptly makes repairs. She parks the car in a garage, lovingly washes and waxes it every month and drives it in the absolute safest manner at all times.

November 13, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  10. Trace

1Freeworld and Jerry....You two are pathetic.

1 Freeworld, have you looked at your posts? Communicating/responding to yourself is considered maladjusted. You might want to get some help for that condition

And Jerry, how stupid was your question? This is the 1st time ever for this event. Guess what ...There are going to be pictures....because we the american people have Lots of them, Even if the Media people forget their's. You seem to try and suggest the president had this set up as a photo op. You live a sad existence if this is the best criticism you can come up with. Time to go back to your little hole and dig for something worth posting.

Have a Wonderful Rest of the Weekend guys

November 13, 2011 at 10:38 am |
    • 1FreeWorld

Pathetic!

Now I see it is not so,,,

I like this,,, and I am sure all folks will,,, sort of tugs on your heart!!!

Let’s say that two years later, I run into this young lady driving my car and demand that she return my property. But this is her car, and she needs it to drive to her job so that she can pay for college next year. If I take “her” car away, I’ll destroy her life. She didn’t do anything wrong, so why am I punishing her? Using the logic of people like Mr. Duncan, I’d have to let this young woman keep my car even though her father broke the law when he took it from me. The fact that this young woman was innocent and had done nothing wrong is irrelevant. She has no right to my car. The reality is that my property was stolen, much the same as the fruits of my labor are being stolen when my tax dollars are used to fund the college education of the children of illegal aliens.

November 13, 2011 at 7:16 pm |
      • 1FreeWorld

@Trace

I forgot to say hi to you,,,

Trace,,, I am hoping that you will have a good Monday my Friend!

From Trace–> Communicating/responding to yourself is considered maladjusted.

If I also post another post,,, that was supposed to be included in THIS post,,,

I am malaligned?

Now Trace, if you were in COURT defending yourself on a question from the Lawyer,,, and you said all you wanted to say,,, to the Lawyer,,, in front of the Judge,,, and you forgot to say that

You are Blind and Don't Own a Gun,,,

Would you
        add the ADDENDUM to the conversation,
        or would you stay Silent,
        or would go to your computer to type up the response to email to the Judge and hope the Jury wouldn't come up with the end of your Liberty,
        or would you SCREAM OUT
        in hopes that the Judge was for
        FREEDOM,,,,
        and was for,,,
        Liberty,,,
        Pursuit of Happiness...

I will be Maladjusted and add alittle more, here, in a couple of seconds, minutes, hours, days,,,

I hope you can adjust, my friend!

Better get help with your LACK OF TOLERANCE, my friend!

Go figure!

November 13, 2011 at 7:33 pm |
  11. Liz Carter in Georgia

Trace...you're sooo right about my wasting time and space to respond to crazy people...but do you see now how hard it is not to? These folk are 'THE WALKING DEAD'! Except these not only thrive on eating the g-o-o-d out of anything that might be percieved as GOOD! When they run out of 'political beauracratic' spin and BS, they then start in on the President and his wife personally. I'm more into fighting against those attempted character assassinations! That's always been my biggest battle with these loons!

November 13, 2011 at 11:50 pm |
  12. tirlPeela

Come for the greatest seafood restaurant in Orange County you can get. Best seafood in OC

A thingy in Orange County: best package, nicest dining, excellent seafood, best sales, and best foods.

January 8, 2012 at 2:56 am |
  13. DuexDungugs

I know a clean studio for Pilates in Costa Mesa.

January 9, 2012 at 5:08 am |