POTUS' Day Ahead: Netherlands invasion
November 29th, 2011

POTUS' Day Ahead: Netherlands invasion

President Obama welcomes Prime Minister Mark Putte of the Netherlands to the White House Tuesday, an effort by the two countries to express their economic ties. Netherlands is the third largest direct investor in the United States, according to the White House, and is among the top 10 destinations for U.S. exports.

The meeting comes a day after President Obama met with European economic leaders over the Euro crisis, so it is likely that topic will come up as well.

Also on the meeting agenda is talk of the 2012 NATO summit, which will be held in Chicago next May.

Meanwhile, Jay Carney will brief reporters at 1:00 p.m. ET today.

Full schedule:

EST

9:45AM Pool Call Time

9:45AM THE PRESIDENT receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
Oval Office
Closed Press

2:30PM THE PRESIDENT has a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Mark Rutte of the Netherlands
Oval Office
Pool Spray at the top

5:30PM THE PRESIDENT meets with senior advisors
Oval Office
Closed Press

Briefing Schedule
1:00PM Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney

Topics: Daily Schedule

« Previous entry
  1. truindep

my , my , what a busy day for the Obama

November 29, 2011 at 9:13 am |
    • Noah

You do realize that this is the press schedule. They dont release info on every meeting and phone call the president holds.

November 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
      • jazz

the way the SS is leaking everything...MIGHT as WELL. What amazes me is that MR.President doesnt ASK where the problems are, he goes and visits schools and businesses(small and big)..Im sorry, if you cared about your PEOPLE like the KINGPIN of AMERICAN we know you to be, why not get involved at the PEOPLE level...or is OBAMA to political for that? Yes, Im asking a dicey question. THE SS have been to my door in error already, a mistake they will probably not repeat anytime soon. Yet heaven forbid I, or anyone else ASK for something from DC we are met with HOSTILITY and LACK of ACTION.. Responsibility doesnt GROW on TREES. Its been all about who knows who since OBAMA took office. All these backstabbing politicians need to leave office. Why else do you think the 99% march? MOST ARE HOMELESS. SHELTERS incite VIOLENCE in LARGE CITIES...IM LIVING PROOF.

November 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
    • Howard

Verified by Snopes. . .

A LETTER FROM A PROCTER AND GAMBLE EXECUTIVE TO THE PRESIDENT

THE LAST SENTENCE IS THE MOST CHILLING
      Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America’s true living legends – an acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the world's highest rated speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the foremost leader in change management. Lou changed the way America does business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as "partnering." Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales and Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 years, made corporate history.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don’t understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ’ crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style Country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose That lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaugh’s, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, Conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will Probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett
      This letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it.
      Big surprise. Since it hit the Internet, however, it has had over 500,000 hits.

November 30, 2011 at 12:19 pm |
  2. jean2009

Trading policies and trading friends help build demand for American goods. That means jobs for American workers and income for American businesses.

November 29, 2011 at 11:14 am |
    • Howard

jean ... you're a mental midget ... you're so in love with this empty suit, you applaud when he farts !!!

November 29, 2011 at 12:48 pm |
      • jean2009

@ Howard is that all you have....you can't even see that the reason for the meeting is trade and jobs?
        I applaud the President for doing his job which is working for the American people.

November 29, 2011 at 2:21 pm |
      • Howard

Verified by Snopes. . .

Chilling Letter from Procter & Gamble to Obama.
        Who would have thought, and yet many are thinking it.

By Lou Pritchett, Procter & Gamble

A LETTER FROM A PROCTER AND GAMBLE EXECUTIVE TO THE PRESIDENT

THE LAST SENTENCE IS THE MOST CHILLING

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA Dear President Obama:

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Lou Pritchett
        This letter was sent to the NY Times but they never acknowledged it.
        Big surprise. Since it hit the Internet, however, it has had over 500,000 hits.

November 29, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
      • jean2009

@Howard you forget I am from Ohio. Lou Pritchett is a right-wing nut who wrote a letter back in 2009. Since you want to copy/paste old crap.
        I like this response to Pritchett from Tim Carroll.
        AN OPEN LETTER TO LOU PRITCHETT You are the umpteenth conservative I’ve had to listen to over my life and just like Nixon you truly scare me. You scare me because no one knows you and yet many will believe your propaganda letter. Our President wrote two books about himself if you want to know him. You scare me because you didn’t read his books, which is what gave him royalties to pay off his and Michelle’s student loans. That upscale lifestyle you speak was their annual income of $430,000 in which 62% of it was Michelle’s (265,000). The remainder was his senate salary. This is public knowledge by the way. You scare me to think that Hawaii is not culturally American, which is where he spent his life from birth to the age of six, in which his mother made the decision to move to Indonesia until returning years later. He came back to Hawaii for high school. Please don’t refer to him as not being culturally American because his mother chooses to leave and come back while

November 30, 2011 at 10:37 am |
      • jean2009

I would suggest reading some of the 223 letter responses to Mr. Prichett's letter at urbanlegends.about.com Reader's Respond: Barack Obama vs Lou Pritchett.

Believe me if you believe Mr. Prichett then you too do not have the best interest of the American people in mind...only your own self-centered self-serving interest. You and he are definitely what is wrong with this country.

In particular, I prefer the Real History Blog's. Response to anti-Obama Lou Prichett Propaganda.
        Yes, Howard that is right back in 2009 it was then, as it is now, plan and simple right-wingnut inspired propaganda.

I do not consider a letter written by a Fox right-wing nut case chilling, or anything other than the babblings of a simpleton.

Tim Carroll's full rebuttal can be found at: PublishaLetterBlog "An Open Letter to Lou Prichett" by Timothy Carroll.
        Just remember for every ying there is probably a yang.

November 30, 2011 at 11:08 am |
  3. Patrick

It's "Rutte", with an "r"...

November 29, 2011 at 1:24 pm |
  4. Emmy Skaddittle

I hope the prime minister brought some of the good stuff for the meeting 😉

November 29, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
    • Hendrik

Rutte got him a Dutch national team Baseball shirt with his name on it. So he can be a supporter of the World Champions now, instead of the American team who was not in the final.

November 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm |
    • Mike

Haha, spot on! 🙂

November 29, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
  5. Jersey Bill

My calendar is a lot busier than his.

November 29, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  6. Marc Taverne

It is Mark Rutte not Mark Putte

November 30, 2011 at 4:49 am |
  7. Mark Putte

The name of the Prime Minister is Mark Rutte. Not Putte.

November 30, 2011 at 8:45 am |
  8. Ryan

Mr Howard ,your behaviour scares me.

Rutte or Putte , does not make a difference ,just throw him a bone and he will be pacified.

Rutte aka Putte stated that he likes his relation with Wilders who ridicules him and disrespects him in public.

Funny thing, Wilders who opposes Rutte's plans is his coalition mate ,one would naturally think otherwise.

November 30, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  9. SaintM

Jean2009–thank you for providing all this so that Howard can hopefully understand what a fool he is by bringing this up after a couple of years. Goes to show you that most right-wing psychotics will do anything to end up on a printed page, which is an indication of how desperate they are.

November 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm |
  10. Lefty

Those of us on the left love to appear on the printed page as well, just count.

November 30, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  11. chechi

Mr Pritchett: your ignorance scares me. Your biases scare me. Your executive position in your company scares me. Your philosophy that the 1% golden goose make America great, scares me. When you think that the highest standard of living in the world for the 1% in America is great, that scares me. Do your countrymen a favor, go out of your niche and
    see how the rest of the country reallly live. Take the bus, feed your family with $20.00 a week, buy their cloths at Godwill or get a coup of soup at night because it will be your only daily meal and then tallk about being scare.....

November 30, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
  12. Howard

With the way obama has thrown Israel under the bus ... AIPAC, and the entire international Jewish community should put all of their resources behind whoever runs against obama !!!

December 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm |